Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: If you live in LA you should ride TF now and beat the Summer crowds!

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    The "Recharging Station" that will be selling the Energon is still being put together as of Wednesday (three days ago). If you buy a new AP on one of the preview days, you will be issued a voucher with a window on it to ride that day.
    and thats only if you purchase it at the ticket booths, if you buy online you will not get one. Coke can is BDG2012 only with that so make sure if you want that, to bring a coke can. buy a day passes still get the voucher. also one more thing, if we run out of fliers (we did on friday) we will not have any more for the rest of the day. get to the park early

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Quote Originally Posted by TSTLSOOM View Post
    ...just remember APs if you want to ride the ride filll out the info for the AP preview. i think they were more liniant because it was their first time trying out this way of previews
    I RSVP'd for the AP preview next Sunday 5/13. On the online form, we had to pick a specific window of time to ride the attraction--e.g. 10a-1p, 1-4p, 4-7p. For those who have been there (or perhaps a friendly team member who may know): are the ride windows being strictly adhered to? Or do they still let you ride anytime, as long as you had an RSVP for that day?

I've already ridden it a few times thanks to the early technical rehearsals, but will be there with an out-of-town friend next weekend. I'm hoping we can get several rides in a day as it will blow his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
    I RSVP'd for the AP preview next Sunday 5/13. On the online form, we had to pick a specific window of time to ride the attraction--e.g. 10a-1p, 1-4p, 4-7p. For those who have been there (or perhaps a friendly team member who may know): are the ride windows being strictly adhered to? Or do they still let you ride anytime, as long as you had an RSVP for that day?

I've already ridden it a few times thanks to the early technical rehearsals, but will be there with an out-of-town friend next weekend. I'm hoping we can get several rides in a day as it will blow his mind.
    what i heard was at the end of the day they were more willing to let anyone on. it happened when i brought my family to ride the ride. just a word of warning, that area will be very congested with people trying to figure out what the heck is going on over there. also, they are letting people on with showing their rSVP on the phones as well, so go green and just do that haha

• former CM

We don't have APs, we just have Costco's 5 visits for $59 passes.

We arrived at Transformers at 9:21 this morning. (The park opened at 9.) We walked right into the front row and were allowed to walk about 50 feet from the unloading to the loading area and go on again with about a two minute wait. Then we exited the bldg. the usual way and rode for a third time with a wait of about 5 minutes.

I'm grateful to Universal for putting so much excellent work into this attraction, but having ridden this four times now, I think Tranformers is like a one-time winner of the NBA MVP award. (Dirk Nowitzki, Allen Iverson, Wes Unseld) It might be the best (in California) at this moment--and sincere & enthusiastic congrats on that--but I expect that in five years I'll once again prefer the Haunted Mansion or (at night) Big Thunder. Transformers is so tech centered with little music--and music is central to many great, more timeless attractions, though not BTRR.

Again though Universal, thank you for raising the bar. I can't wait till Harry Potter arrives here! I hope you try to top the two other HPs that will already be alive when it opens at U. Hollywood.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 05-14-2012 at 06:39 AM.

i heard from one of the people who worked the rides and she told me that this sunday will be the last tech rehersal so they can prepare for the ride opening. just be advised

Has the ride been open this week?
    I open in 2012

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Theflyingtire View Post
    Has the ride been open this week?
    Yes. Last day of tech rehearsals will be Wednesday since Thursday is Media Day and Friday is opening day.

^Thanks! Ill be there tomorrow then!
    I open in 2012

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12