Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Transformers= Zero threat to Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by Alexshow View Post
    TF actaully has have one film of it thats in the billionares club in the box office and by the sucess of D.O.T.M Worldwide i'm sure michel might have something planned once marvel removes they're theming on that island in Ioa so well see if they get sificity clone because it seem's right and soon pottor will hurt disney a little more because remenber 2010 in orlandos universal orlando and on a side note is anybody going to see Battleship?
    What??

---------- Post added 05-15-2012 at 12:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    say safe to say universal will hold marvel for a long long time.
    Good! Let them have it.

• Circle of Ancients

The Marvel contract only applies to the Orlando parks, not Universal Hollywood. You'll notice there are no Marvel characters in Hollywood. Not even walk around characters anymore.

As for Transformers, I unfortunately haven't ridden it yet but from all accounts it's a great addition to the park. Not sure how having a great ride at a non-Disney park is a bad thing. It's NOT. Competition is a good thing as it will cause Disney to up their game.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    What??

---------- Post added 05-15-2012 at 12:45 AM ----------

Good! Let them have it.
    Makes no sense...Marvel is going to ALL other parks and by not allowing them at Disney World it will only weaken it.....whether or not some people don't want to meet Ironman....by the numbers people loved the Avengers more then Potter and Potterland is a big deal....

Also unlike say Avatar, Marvel has a long following as large as Star Wars (infact many Star Wars fans like myself enjoy both) and with events like Comic Con selling out in hours...I don't see how its a good thing these characters can't be used by there new owners who are making a TV show, video games, and movies.

remenber bob iger, last week.... That first a avengers sequel is in the works and a avengers attraction for a disney park and hollywood studios may have it and that would mean no more marvel from universal orlando but we'll see how it holds and where it be put.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Also unlike say Avatar, Marvel has a long following as large as Star Wars (infact many Star Wars fans like myself enjoy both) and with events like Comic Con selling out in hours...I don't see how its a good thing these characters can't be used by there new owners who are making a TV show, video games, and movies.
    Which is why it needs to be handled very precisely. Marvel has its fans and it would be bad to alienate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexshow View Post
    remenber bob iger, last week.... That first a avengers sequel is in the works and a avengers attraction for a disney park and hollywood studios may have it and that would mean no more marvel from universal orlando but we'll see how it holds and where it be put.
    There are plenty of other Disney parks besides those at Walt Disney World. The contract is not ending any time soon. NBC Universal can ask for any amount of money to buy out the contract, and they just upgraded their signature Marvel attraction.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Threat - not really
    Challenge - Yes!

Now Disney knows other theme parks are willing to step up their game to put together rides that are innovative. Disney is the mansion on the hill, at least now they'll have to keep up with the Joneses to keep that top spot.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Which is why it needs to be handled very precisely. Marvel has its fans and it would be bad to alienate them.

There are plenty of other Disney parks besides those at Walt Disney World. The contract is not ending any time soon. NBC Universal can ask for any amount of money to buy out the contract, and they just upgraded their signature Marvel attraction.
    I think next summer will be when the characters start slowly coming to the parks (though I think they should have been doing this since Ironman 2)

Add music from the movies to lands (that fit the tone), give Ironman and Captain America meet and greets first...then slowly add more...Hulk, Thor, Ant man, Hawkeye...etc

Have them added to the end of WOC and then finally make an attraction when Avengers 2 comes out, should be enough time to built the Marvel universe into the parks and allow Disney fans to get used to there presents and if kids and adults start really enjoying seeing Marvel in the parks and it be done tastefully then I'm sure in a few years most won't have as big of a problem with an Avengers type attraction

• Banned User

For the record, I'm a Marvel fan. I just don't think it belongs anywhere near Disney. Also, Marvel is an entire Universe of multiple stories. Disney brought in Star Wars, not 20th Century Fox. There's a huge difference.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I think next summer will be when the characters start slowly coming to the parks (though I think they should have been doing this since Ironman 2)

Add music from the movies to lands (that fit the tone), give Ironman and Captain America meet and greets first...then slowly add more...Hulk, Thor, Ant man, Hawkeye...etc

Have them added to the end of WOC and then finally make an attraction when Avengers 2 comes out, should be enough time to built the Marvel universe into the parks and allow Disney fans to get used to there presents and if kids and adults start really enjoying seeing Marvel in the parks and it be done tastefully then I'm sure in a few years most won't have as big of a problem with an Avengers type attraction
    This sounds more like an invasion than a careful and selective integration.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    The Marvel contract only applies to the Orlando parks, not Universal Hollywood. You'll notice there are no Marvel characters in Hollywood. Not even walk around characters anymore.

As for Transformers, I unfortunately haven't ridden it yet but from all accounts it's a great addition to the park. Not sure how having a great ride at a non-Disney park is a bad thing. It's NOT. Competition is a good thing as it will cause Disney to up their game.
    Well said!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    This sounds more like an invasion than a careful and selective integration.
    Haha well maybe the Avengers learned a thing about invading from there aliens enemies

So what would you suggest then.....I I thought slowly adding them to the parks over time over would be best way to introduce them to the parks...but if you have a better way...

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Haha well maybe the Avengers learned a thing about invading from there aliens enemies

So what would you suggest then.....I I thought slowly adding them to the parks over time over would be best way to introduce them to the parks...but if you have a better way...
    Not take the approach that Disney's latest acquisition must be mixed with another brand because it was an expensive purchase and the brand is popular. Why are we not talking about how the Disney and Pixar characters need to be incorporated into the Marvel comics? Many of the Disney and Pixar characters are likely more popular than the Marvel characters, especially some of the more obscure characters.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^well I guess we have to agree to disagree.....I think Ironman in the parks both fits and is awesome, so I want them to mix brands...as long as its tasteful

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Oh well, DCA is still the place to be this summer. That I know, won't disappoint.

I think this thread brings up a good point, while many are saying Transformers is not a threat it is a sign of things to come (at least I hope it will be!) What is happening amongst theme parks (and dare I say it films...) is a typical tortoise and the hare kind of store. Disney the forever first in the race hare is at the head of the pack napping. But if it were to wake for just a moment it would see in the distance Universal coming up quickly. Disney best shake it's cottontail and come up with a plan and fast! If Transformers is any indication I think Universal will give Disney a real run for it's money sooner then any of us think! Compare Ariel to Transformers, which ride would you rather ride if you had to pick just one? Isn't Ariel supposed to be an E-Ticket? That may be an unfair comparison so let's wait and see what Cars Racers does and then we can talk but I think Disney needs to step up it's game sooner rather than later.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast