Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Transformers= Zero threat to Disneyland

So yesterday I did the AP preview for Transformers at Universal Studios, and ended up riding a total of 4 times. While it's certainly fun, it's by NO means "the greatest ride ever". I don't even think it's the best ride in the park. Yes, the technology is quite advanced, but I was disappointing by the lack of movement. I just feel like you go side to side more than forward. People actually cheered when we moved forward because we were finally having fun and speeding up. From a tech standpoint, it feels like a mix of Roger Rabbit and The Simpson's ride. But if you want speed, The Mummy is still the only ride that actually takes off and feels like a thrill ride. I don't even think this really goes faster than Indy. The whole thing just felt repetitive of other Universal attractions...like I said, the Simpsons, but on a track. And my God, I'm so sick of every ride there squirting you with water. Anyway, all the reviews saying that this was gonna be a game changer, and a real hit/challenge to anything Disney has, I feel have waaay overrated it(or just not ridden The Simpsons). And with a huge show building, that I think challenges Indy for the longest indoor line, they know huge crowds, at least by their standards, are coming. It's not worth the wait, to me. 20 mins or less. And not to be two mean, but the acting in the preshow videos is AWFUL! You're supposed to be under attack, but everyone in the vids is monotone and lifeless. Then when you get to the ride the the workers are in character shouting at you to hurry up, and completely out act the video. It's quite jarring going from the lifeless actors on screen to the people grouping you on the ride. Oh well, DCA is still the place to be this summer. That I know, won't disappoint.

---------- Post added 05-13-2012 at 12:36 PM ----------

Um...I put this in the Disneyland thread for a reason...

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Transformers= Zero threat to Disneyland

Of course it wont hurt Disney, but what's scary is the fact that this is the beginning of theme adding more rides and BETTER rides.....the ride is fun but to me...I'm just not as huge of as Transformers fan as say Star Wars or the Avengers to any rides based on those..even if they are less as advance as this ride I care more about characters and were I am over BIG screens...

But I will say the ride is a cool ride the tech is amazing and it will draw people in

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Would be great if it is super popular will alleviate some of the crowds descending onto Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure this summer!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• One Little Spark...

I rode it 3 times a few weeks ago with no wait and was very impressed with the technology behind it. The story itself really lacked though. I don't think the ride itself is a necessary "threat", but it is a wake up call to Disney that Universal is really stepping up their game. We will be getting Harry Potter in a few years which really may put Disneyland in a rut. People are so use to the same traditional attractions Disney has produced that they want something bigger and better. With Harry Potter in Orlando becoming an international destination, Disney should also start stepping up their game on both coasts. I think it's quite exciting, really.

not sure if anyone said that this ride was going to be competition for disneyland. it was just another ride to bring people into the park, if anything both cars land and transformers will be good for both.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

As stated, the issue is not so much that this single attraction will change the dynamics of Southern California, but that it is sort of the first wave in what could be a salvo of changes to Universal Studios Hollywood. Despite what a lot of people expected, Comcast is actually rather supportive of their newly acquired theme park properties. The success of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Islands of Adventure has resulted in even more capital being but into the Universal Orlando Resort. While confined for space, the success of Transformers: The Ride 3D and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter down the road may not result in the same stagnation for years that unfortunately has been the case far too often at Universal parks, but continued high quality reinvestment in Universal Studios Hollywood.

• former CM

(I made this first point on another thread.) I'm grateful to Universal for putting so much excellent work into this attraction, but having ridden it four times now, I think Tranformers will be like a one-time winner of the NBA MVP award. (Dirk Nowitzki, Allen Iverson, Wes Unseld) It might be the best (in California) at this moment--and sincere & enthusiastic congrats on that--but I expect that in five years I'll once again prefer the Haunted Mansion or (at night) Big Thunder, or prefer DCA's cars ride or Universal Hollywood's Harry Potter. Transformers is so tech centered with little music--and music is central to many great, more timeless attractions, though not BTRR.

But Universal is raising the high jump bar and putting at least a little pressure on Disney to not get lazy.

Also, Transformers may not be a threat to Disney, and may even help some Americans outside of California consider S. California when selecting a resort, and that could help Disneyland.

TF actaully has have one film of it thats in the billionares club in the box office and by the sucess of D.O.T.M Worldwide i'm sure michel might have something planned once marvel removes they're theming on that island in Ioa so well see if they get sificity clone because it seem's right and soon pottor will hurt disney a little more because remenber 2010 in orlandos universal orlando and on a side note is anybody going to see Battleship?
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

The ride may not immediately impact DLR, but as the video says...
    I open in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Alexshow View Post
    TF actaully has have one film of it thats in the billionares club in the box office and by the sucess of D.O.T.M Worldwide i'm sure michel might have something planned once marvel removes they're theming on that island in Ioa so well see if they get sificity clone because it seem's right and soon pottor will hurt disney a little more because remenber 2010 in orlandos universal orlando and on a side note is anybody going to see Battleship?
    Universal isn't ditching Marvel for the foreseeable future. By the time they even consider it, Transformers' relevance will be a distant memory.

universals deal with marvel ends in 2016 i believe that i heard from universal parks and resorts so we'll see and to be honest it would be decent is they retheme the island to a sifi area

---------- Post added 05-14-2012 at 09:13 PM ----------

oh and by the way Tf will has a 4 in talks for the future so dude it has to happen for IOA
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alexshow View Post
    universals deal with marvel ends in 2016 i believe that i heard from universal parks and resorts so we'll see and to be honest it would be decent is they retheme the island to a sifi area
    Nope. The contract has no expiration. No renegotiations either. It is good for as long as Universal wants to use the characters. The licensing fee is set and increases only with inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    (I made this first point on another thread.) I'm grateful to Universal for putting so much excellent work into this attraction, but having ridden it four times now, I think Tranformers will be like a one-time winner of the NBA MVP award. (Dirk Nowitzki, Allen Iverson, Wes Unseld) It might be the best (in California) at this moment--and sincere & enthusiastic congrats on that--but I expect that in five years I'll once again prefer the Haunted Mansion or (at night) Big Thunder, or prefer DCA's cars ride or Universal Hollywood's Harry Potter. Transformers is so tech centered with little music--and music is central to many great, more timeless attractions, though not BTRR.

But Universal is raising the high jump bar and putting at least a little pressure on Disney to not get lazy.

Also, Transformers may not be a threat to Disney, and may even help some Americans outside of California consider S. California when selecting a resort, and that could help Disneyland.
    I love your comparison here, jcruise86!

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Nope. The contract has no expiration. No renegotiations either. It is good for as long as Universal wants to use the characters. The licensing fee is set and increases only with inflation.
    say safe to say universal will hold marvel for a long long time.

•   
    • Minion

I believe this attraction is the beggining of the threat. Transformers is but one ride. I am not sure how much it cost them to make but DCA cost what 1.5 billion to upgrade? I would hope DCA is the place to be. Having said that I am willing to bet when Harry potter comes here that will be the place to be no matter what DLR comes up with to combat it.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast