Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast

Re: USH HHN 2012 Official Line Up

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    Thanks.

OP has been updated:
    1) AP prices added
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Thank you for the AP prices....anyone know how many tickets you can buy under one AP?
    Your welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by DL Lover in LA View Post
    Closing at 9:30? I know it's been a few years since I worked at Terror Tram (2010 was my last year), but I remember my shift on the lot starting at 7pm. So it's only going to be open for 2.5 hours on those nights?!?

That seems so ridiculous. And I feel bad for all the scareactors assigned to Tram. They won't be making that much money since the earliest call time is 3pm but many people aren't called in until 5pm.
    I have friends who worked TT in years passed both a scare actors and crowd control. They are actually really lucky. They get paid for the whole night even though they leave early.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

Thank you for the AP prices....anyone know how many tickets you can buy under one AP?

6 ickets but again you can buy 6 online and just come to the park and buy six too

• Minion

---------- Post added 08-29-2012 at 07:40 PM ----------

• Disney friends are #1

This will be my first USH Horror Night (Sept. 28th.) and I want to purchase some event specific merch. Do they still offer AP discounts during these "special events"?
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TSTLSOOM View Post
    6 ickets but again you can buy 6 online and just come to the park and buy six too
    Thank you very much....guess six is how many I'm getting....since tickets cost more at the gate...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazee4mm View Post
    This will be my first USH Horror Night (Sept. 28th.) and I want to purchase some event specific merch. Do they still offer AP discounts during these "special events"?
    I believe so, though some advise....many items from HHN don't get sold at the events....so by December they have MANY T shirts and other items from the events at half price in AP store (on the Britain Street) and you also get an extra 30% those items as an AP...so might want to keep that in mind
    Last edited by JerrodDRagon; 08-29-2012 at 08:43 PM.

• Disney friends are #1

Great hearing from you Jerrod. Been way too long. Thanks for the info. I forgot about the AP discount store. I was in there last week and got a few steals!

It's been sort of a running joke between myself and a good friend of mine that, over the years, every time he wants me to go to USH HHN, I can't make it due to work priorities. Today he bought me a ticket for Sept. 28th. and said that I was being given more than enough notice so that I could keep that date free and not accept any work. He's got me there, and he refuses to accept any excuse this time. So, seeing as it will be my first time (I have my DL and Knott's Halloween tickets already) I was just wondering about the AP discount. I might still purchase a few necessities on that night, but I will definitely wait on purchasing any shirts until later. Thanks for the advice. Like yourself, I too am on a budget. AP discounts are always something I look for when purchasing anything at the parks. I was just curious if Universal honored the AP discounts on the Horror Nights as well Have fun!

Our mutual friend has been doing quite well lately and I should be seeing him again next month. Thanks for the shoulder when I needed it. Happy Horror Nights to you!
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

Great hearing from you Jerrod. Been way too long. Thanks for the info. I forgot about the AP discount store. I was in there last week and got a few steals!

It's been sort of a running joke between myself and a good friend of mine that, over the years, every time he wants me to go to USH HHN, I can't make it due to work priorities. Today he bought me a ticket for Sept. 28th. and said that I was being given more than enough notice so that I could keep that date free and not accept any work. He's got me there, and he refuses to accept any excuse this time. So, seeing as it will be my first time (I have my DL and Knott's Halloween tickets already) I was just wondering about the AP discount. I might still purchase a few necessities on that night, but I will definitely wait on purchasing any shirts until later. Thanks for the advice. Like yourself, I too am on a budget. AP discounts are always something I look for when purchasing anything at the parks. I was just curious if Universal honored the AP discounts on the Horror Nights as well Have fun!

Our mutual friend has been doing quite well lately and I should be seeing him again next month. Thanks for the shoulder when I needed it. Happy Horror Nights to you!

i would buy them that night... i remember i wanted the HOTC shirt last year that looked like a movie poster and the guy who worked at the retail store told me to come back the next day since it was all on sale. sure enough it was gone the next day

---------- Post added 08-30-2012 at 11:29 AM ----------

Thank you very much....guess six is how many I'm getting....since tickets cost more at the gate...

I believe so, though some advise....many items from HHN don't get sold at the events....so by December they have MANY T shirts and other items from the events at half price in AP store (on the Britain Street) and you also get an extra 30% those items as an AP...so might want to keep that in mind
    you have an AP the ticket would still be on sale for the event. however just make a stop before the day you want to go and stop by the Hollywood Ticket Outlet and buy them that morning if u plan on getting into the park before the event (or even weeks before)

• Disney friends are #1

I'm going with a couple of friends who no longer have AP's. Can the Horror Night tickets be applied to the cost of new AP's for them? I'm thinking of picking up whatever the difference in costs would be so that they can have passes again.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^no HHN is an event.....and unless you get the deal where you buy both the Day ticket and Event ticket..you can't upgrade them...but I would call and ask if even buying both the day ticket/event ticket combo can be upgraded

• Disney friends are #1

Thanks. I'll call them today after work. If I forget, I'm going there this Saturday and I'll ask them in person.

Still wondering the status of the mice chat day on October 6th ? Since my group is coming from out of town we dont wont the day to sell out or something.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JayXGomez View Post
    Still wondering the status of the mice chat day on October 6th ? Since my group is coming from out of town we dont wont the day to sell out or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbulb View Post
    Hey Gang, I apologize for not getting an update to you sooner. The short answer is, No. We can no longer get the deal.

Now for the explanation...

Last year MiceChat held a Halloween Horror Nights event and we were able to charge only $95 We did this by working with group sales and taking advantage of special pricing through them and by partnering up with the Hard Rock Cafe in City Walk. That was a little pricey but we got admission, front of the line one time use, dinner, and John Murdy even came by to say hello. He is so nice, so cool. The event went so well that I wanted to really ramp it up this year and establish an annual event for Universal.

I decided that I would start early for 2012. So, back in March I reached out to special events at Universal Studios in hopes of putting together an AFFORDABLE HHN event. I asked that we get dinner, admission, front of the line, minimum. But I also said that I wanted to keep it at $100 or less. (nearly impossible for Universal, I know).

After months and months of, "We don't have pricing yet" we finally heard back from them in mid-August. They countered with a package that would include admission, one time front of the line, buffet, meet and greet with Murdy, and a tour of one of the mazes. Their prices were $100 on a Friday or a Sunday, but for the Saturday we wanted, it would have been $125 per person. On top of that, they wanted us to guarantee 100 people. YIKES! Keep in mind that, at this point in time, the regular pricing was not announced. We had no way of knowing what this price looked like compared to what the average person could just buy on their own. What if the average price were cheeper? We would have been stuck. We asked if we could simply get dinner, admission and front of the line for less of a cost, but they said it was a package deal that could not be divided.

So, we decided to run this poll. If you look at the results, only 18 people thought that was a good deal. Still many others were fine paying less if they only got dinner, admission, and front of the line.

So, after a lot of heartache, anguish and debating we had to tell Universal Special Events that the price was way too high for what we felt was something that we could guarantee.

Now, in retrospect, the deal is pretty good relatively speaking. That is, if you want to pay that much money. A lot of people just don't feel comfortable doing it and I don't blame them. The economy sucks right now and I just did not feel comfortable backing Universal's risky bet to raise prices.

We are really really bummed about it all. Really bummed. We will probably still be holding a Universal HHN event, but not with this package.

Thanks. I'll call them today after work. If I forget, I'm going there this Saturday and I'll ask them in person.
    unfortunatly it does not work like that... the day/night combo can be turned into an annual pass but you would lose the HHN part of the ticket. best thing to do is that special they have for so cal residents online then have them purchase HHN tickets online or at the park whenever they want to use their AP for the first time

• Disney friends are #1

Quote Originally Posted by TSTLSOOM View Post
    unfortunatly it does not work like that... the day/night combo can be turned into an annual pass but you would lose the HHN part of the ticket. best thing to do is that special they have for so cal residents online then have them purchase HHN tickets online or at the park whenever they want to use their AP for the first time
    Hmmmm... That's a thought. Thanks.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast