Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

• Minion

USH HHN 2012 Official Line Up

It's that time of year again. As with last year's thread, let's keep all of the attraction releases organized in one thread. The OP will be updated as the mazes, scare zones and shows are individually announced.

USH HHN 2012
    Name:  e2b5831b.jpg
Views: 1653
Size:  19.4 KB

Dates:
    September 21, 22, 28, 29 & October 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28 and 31

Operating Hours (operating hours may change due to high guest demand):
    Friday and Saturday nights (September 21, 22, 28, 29 October 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27) 7pm-2am
    Thursday and Sunday nights, Halloween night (October 7, 14, 18, 21, 28, 28, 31) 7pm-1am
    Terror Tram will close at 9:30pm on all Thursday and Sunday nights

Prices:
    September 21, 22
    GA online $46
    GA at the gate $66
    FOTL $79
    Day/Night combo $99
    VIP unknown
    AP $41.99
    September 28
    GA online $46
    GA at the gate $66
    FOTL $79
    Day/Night combo $109
    VIP unknown
    AP $41.99
    September 29
    GA online $51
    GA at the gate $66
    FOTL $89
    Day/Night combo $109
    VIP unknown
    AP $41.99
    October 5
    GA online $56
    GA at the gate $66
    FOTL $99
    Day/Night combo $109
    VIP unknown
    AP $54.99
    October 6
    GA online $56
    GA at the gate $61
    FOTL $99
    Day/Night combo $109
    VIP unknown
    AP $54.99

October 7
    GA online $56
    GA at the gate $66
    FOTL $99
    Day/Night combo $109
    VIP unknown
    AP $41.99
    October 12
    GA online $61
    GA at the gate $66
    FOTL $109
    Day/Night combo $109
    VIP unknown
    AP $59.99
    October 13, 20, 27
    GA online N/A
    GA at the gate $66
    FOTL $109
    Day/Night combo $109
    VIP unknown
    AP N/A
    October 14, 21
    GA online $51
    GA at the gate $66
    FOTL $89
    Day/Night combo $99
    VIP unknown
    AP $41.99
    October 18, 25
    GA online $51
    GA at the gate $66
    FOTL $79
    Day/Night combo $99
    VIP unknown
    AP $41.99
    October 19, 26
    GA online $61
    GA at the gate $66
    FOTL $109
    Day/Night combo $109
    VIP unknown
    AP $59.99
    October 28
    GA online $56
    GA at the gate $66
    FOTL $89
    Day/Night combo $99
    VIP unknown
    AP $54.99

October 31
    GA online $41
    GA at the gate $66
    FOTL $79
    Day/Night combo $99
    VIP unknown
    AP $40.99
    Mazes:
    Maze 1-La Llorona: La Cazadora de Ninos, Code Name "The Smiths", Location: Shrek 4D extended queue

Maze 2-The Walking Dead: Dead Inside, Code Name "Classic Cowboy", Location: Wild West Arena

Name:  vlcsnap-2012-07-18-21h40m53s171.png
Views: 899
Size:  234.2 KB

Name:  vlcsnap-2012-07-18-21h41m57s52.JPG
Views: 893
Size:  29.1 KB

Maze 3-Alice Cooper Goes to Hell 3D, Code Name "Dante", Location: Terminator 2:3D extended queue

Maze 4 Code Name "Amok" Cancelled.

Maze 4- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Saw is the Law, Code Name "Quigley", Location: Jurassic Park the Ride extended queue

Maze 5-Welcome to Silent Hill, Code Name "Carpenter", Location: Revenge of the Mummy extended queue

Maze 6- Universal Monsters Remix, Location: House of Horrors

Terror Tram:
    Terror Tram Invaded by The Walking Dead (NOTE: Terror Tram closes at 9:30pm on Thursday and Sunday nights)

Shows:
    Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure, Location: Castle Theater/Stage 56

Scare Zones:
    (Unknown) Main Entrance

Klownz, New York Street
    Murder and mayhem reign as an ultra-violent gang of killer Klownz take over "The Big Apple." Watch as blood spills throughout the city streets while this psychotic freakshow butchers everyone in their path! These circus rejects are armed to the teeth and hell bent on destruction…yours!

Toyz, Baker Street
    Hidden away on the foggy streets of London is a quaint little toy shop. The place looks innocent enough from the outside but don't be fooled, unspeakable horrors are taking place inside the Toy Maker's workshop! For decades, The Toy Maker delighted the children of London with his handmade teddy bears and dolls but times change and toys go out of fashion. Faced with ruin, The Toy Maker snapped and decided to take revenge on the people who turned their backs on him by using his skills to serve a darker calling. Now, anyone who ventures too close to the Toy Shop at night is in danger of being abducted by the Evil Toy Maker and turned into one of his monstrous new creations…human toys!

Witches, Parisian Street
    Enter a European fishing village that is haunted by an ancient evil, a coven of blood-thirsty witches hell-bent on revenge! For centuries, this sleepy seaport was home to a coven of witches who practiced their black art under the cover of darkness. One terrible night, the villagers hunted down the witches and burned them at the stake to cleanse the town once and for all of their pagan influence. It is said that some of the condemned swore revenge on the town, right before the flames consumed their flesh. Now, on autumn nights when the fog rolls in, the coven of witches reassembles on the streets of the village to burn the living! Be warned, for if you look into their charred faces, it's already too late!

Silent Hill, Lower Lot
    Before you enter the world of Silent Hill, come face to face with the town's most feared residents. Cower in fear as The Bogeyman towers over you, preparing to smash you to pieces. Feel every cut sink deep beneath your skin as hideously disfigured Nurses scar you for life. Pray for mercy as you confront Pyramid Head, the merciless executioner of The Otherworld, and hope that his great knife doesn't find its mark! Remember, in Silent Hill, nothing is as it seems!

(Unknown) Western Street Cancelled due to ongoing issues with wall separating the WW Arena and Western Street
    Last edited by F!an; 08-27-2012 at 07:26 PM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: USH HHN 2012 Official Line Up

Just to make sure....the list of mazes does not include the House of Horror's maze right?

• Minion

Hints

Overall maze hints:
    1) "This year's mazes have scenes featuring 8 different animals. 7 are mammals. Some are props/effects. Some are characters"

2) "There are mazes set in 3 different countries, 2 mazes are set in the same country"

3) "There are 2 mazes that feature vehicles bigger than a car"

4) "2 of the mazes have scenes involving amusement parks but neither of them have clowns in it"

Code Name "The Smiths": LA LLORONA: LA CAZADORA DE NINOS
    The theme of this maze is hidden in the title of a song by The Smiths. This song was on one of their 4 studio albums. This album was originally released in the month of February. The song that contains the hidden theme was considered to be very controversial when it was originally released. This song was not on the set list when John Murdy saw The Smiths in concert on the "The Queen is Dead Tour". A character in the maze was inspired by a creation by legendary make up artist Dick Smith. The theme for this maze was listed in the guest survey that went out last November. Bonus hint (one is real, one is fake)- The song is about a crime you cannot be charged for (false) -or- The song mentions the band's hometown in the lyrics, "Oh Manchester, so much to answer for" (Suffer Little Children)
    Explanation: Smith song is "Suffer the Little Children". The character Dick Smith designed that inspired one of the looks is from a movie called "Ghost Story". Always loved that drowned look....

Code Name "Classic Cowboy" THE WALKING DEAD: DEAD INSIDE
    The theme of this maze is in reference to an NFL team that has never won a Super Bowl, a classic/famous cowboy and a hit song from 1987. This song entered the Billboard Hot 100 the same year. The song was one of two big hits the band had in 1987 with the theme being contained in the lesser song of the two. The lyrics of the song mention a famous composer by name and was featured in an episode of The Simpsons and Family Guy. Based on an existing property that has never been featured at HHN. The name of one of the characters is also the name of one of John Murdy's cats. Bonus hint (one is real, one is fake)- The NFL team is an NFC team -or- the city the NFL team does not have an NBA team.
    Explanation: NFL team that has never won a Super Bowl: Atlanta Falcons; Atlanta is the main setting of TWD. The "classic cowboy" is Shane, a famous western and the lead character of TWD. Hit song of 1987 "It's the End of the World as We Know it (and I Feel Fine). John Murdy's cat is named Maggie.

Code Name "Dante": ALICE COOPER GOES TO HELL 3D
    "Dante's Inferno" was read as inspiration. Maze theme is based on an existing artistic creation ie movie, book, game, TV show, etc. One scene of the maze will feature the scent of cotton candy. The words "Dante" and "Inferno" do not appear in the title of the maze but the letter "D" does. While researching the maze, John googled "motivational art", "animal hoarding", "doomed Franklin expedition", "Florence Nightingale", "Vargas Girl", "Las Vegas Buffet", and "Liposuction".

Code Name "Amok":
    Based on a property never featured at HHN. The property is part of a series but the maze will only focus on the first film. The movie received negative reviews when it was originally released but is now considered a horror classic. "October skies" "standing alone" "the end is coming"
    CANCELLED.

Code Name "Quigley": THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE: THE SAW IS THE LAW
    "Since 1932, Quigley Publishing has tracked the top stars at the box office. They released a list of the top box office stars of all time. The hint to the theme of maze 4 is one of the top 10 stars on Quigley's list. This star didn't star in the movie in question, but there's something about his career that point towards the movie this ma is based on. I will say 7 of the top ten stars on Quigley's list, were in Universal movies or tv shows BEFORE they were famous. This star is one of the 7. Last hint, according to Hollywood legend, 2 of the stars on Quigley's list were fired by Universal on the same day in the 60's. He's one of em"

Code Name "Carpenter" WELCOME TO SILENT HILL
    Not one of John Carpenter's films, but the title of one of his films is a major hint to the theme of this maze.
    Explanation: John Carpenter directed "The Fog". Fog World is one of the main settings in Silent Hill.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 09:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Just to make sure....the list of mazes does not include the House of Horror's maze right?
    You know as much as I know. There's 5 code names but 6 venues (HoH, Shrek, T2, WW arena, JP, Mummy) not including Terror Tram. The way I look at it, either we're still missing one code name or we're losing a venue this year.
    Last edited by F!an; 08-16-2012 at 09:16 AM.

• Minion

Yaaaayyyy,new hhn thread
    I have a feeling hog will not be reviving an overlay this year and heres why
    Murdy has confirthat there will be 6 mazes. He's said that there will be two in the lower lot and four in the upper, but he said that he has released all the code names for this year. Obviously, these codenamed are not about hoh because of the enthusiasm he's been putting into these mazes. I'm not saying it won't be featured, but I'm doubting it will be reviving any type of overlay.

• Certified in everything

Can I just say this has got me so excited! Where does this info come from? I'm sort of new to this HHN thing, and have never really followed the event before, aside from going every year.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 09:25 PM ----------

You know as much as I know. There's 5 code names but 6 venues (HoH, Shrek, T2, WW arena, JP, Mummy) not including Terror Tram. The way I look at it, either we're still missing one code name or we're losing a venue this year.
    Ohhh I hope were not losing one for Transformers.....I understand it's there "new" ride but if people want to ride it GO during the day I want mazes thats why I pay the 40 bucks to get in..not ride a ride that is no different

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    Can I just say this has got me so excited! Where does this info come from? I'm sort of new to this HHN thing, and have never really followed the event before, aside from going every year.
    This is the second year that John Murdy, USH HHN Creative Director, has created a code game revolving around HHN. Every so often he'll tweet (@horrornights) something that is somehow a clue (mostly indirectly) related to the concept, theme, title, etc of each maze. The clues are often stretches and are convoluted beyond recognition but there's a point when everything starts to make sense and you get that "Oh, now I get it" moment. It's sick and twisted which is just like Murdy likes it.

Ohhh I hope were not losing one for Transformers.....I understand it's there "new" ride but if people want to ride it GO during the day I want mazes thats why I pay the 40 bucks to get in..not ride a ride that is no different
    Murdy has confirmed there will be 2 mazes in the lower lot and 4 in the upper lot.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Yaaaayyyy,new hhn thread
    I have a feeling hog will not be reviving an overlay this year and heres why
    Murdy has confirthat there will be 6 mazes. He's said that there will be two in the lower lot and four in the upper, but he said that he has released all the code names for this year. Obviously, these codenamed are not about hoh because of the enthusiasm he's been putting into these mazes. I'm not saying it won't be featured, but I'm doubting it will be reviving any type of overlay.
    Seems to be the most logical explanation.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^good to know....that makes me pretty happy as much as I love Horror Nights it hard to spend 40 bucks on it, if the focus is not on Mazes....but If its true then I'm pretty happy, plus with rumors of a new Terror Tram this could be the best year in a while

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Thank F!an!

I'm glad that all the mazes you listed are new and not the same from last year.

If this is true, I'm definitely going back this year.

I wasn't planning on going back if they decided to have some of the same mazes as last year.

To be honest, Terror Tram suck! it's so boring. I think I might not get on it even if it's new.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

One of the hints is super easy.

Code name "Carpenter"

One of John Carpenter's movies is "The Prince of Darkness"

Alice Cooper is in "The Prince of Darkness," and that is also his nickname.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    Thank F!an!

I'm glad that all the mazes you listed are new and not the same from last year.

If this is true, I'm definitely going back this year.

I wasn't planning on going back if they decided to have some of the same mazes as last year.

To be honest, Terror Tram suck! it's so boring. I think I might not get on it even if it's new.
    It's not a....the scariest BUT...one its long, too the lines for the most part are short, three you get to walk on real movie sets. That's why I like it, plus its outdoors, its pretty unique if you think about it and that's why I hope they can keep it around

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    One of the hints is super easy.

Code name "Carpenter"

One of John Carpenter's movies is "The Prince of Darkness"

Alice Cooper is in "The Prince of Darkness," and that is also his nickname.

i was also thinking about "The Thing" which Thing could be Thing from Addams Family haha

---------- Post added 06-05-2012 at 01:21 AM ----------

hmm wonder if dantes inferno is a maze based of Resident Evil 6. Parts are in eastern europe

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TSTLSOOM View Post
    i was also thinking about "The Thing" which Thing could be Thing from Addams Family haha

---------- Post added 06-05-2012 at 01:21 AM ----------

hmm wonder if dantes inferno is a maze based of Resident Evil 6. Parts are in eastern europe
    I wish....a Resident Evil Maze would just be amazing....I did a servery once and they asked what I would like to see in the next years if HHN...I voted or Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil...but I just don't know if those video games are big enough yet for a maze, even though I want them sooo badly

The second maze is the one that hit me. the state is the big state of texas and a legend, ed gin. he got some films inspired like phycho and Texas chainsaw massacre.
    So i came to a desecion thats it Texas chainsaw massacre and it is possible because of the film coming in early 2013
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

I wish....a Resident Evil Maze would just be amazing....I did a servery once and they asked what I would like to see in the next years if HHN...I voted or Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil...but I just don't know if those video games are big enough yet for a maze, even though I want them sooo badly

resident evil is big enough for HHN. Countless Movies help that case. just wondering if they do make a RE maze, if it would be based off the movies or games

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast