Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: New BTTF Ride in 2015 - Petition

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Betty Juice View Post
    Longest running, yes - but that doesn't mean it should be. In all honesty The Simpsons should have ended over ten years ago. I agree with Luke - it just isn't impressive after the first time you ride and doesn't have the same nostalgic staying power.
    ^

Name:  nail%u00252Bon%2Bthe%2Bhead.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  18.5 KB

Whilst I loved the Simpsons when I was younger, and loved the ride the first time. I came off it the second time thinking that it was cheesy and doesn't have that same magical feel that BTTF, and indeed the other movie based rides that are slowly being ripped from the park, only to be replaced with stuff that is nothing to do with Universals legacy. I find the name and whole idea of the park is getting to be a bit of a joke these days. Paying tribute to their best films with a fireworks display, only to have their MAIN attractions as unrelated films/series, is just bizarre. They really need to clean their act up and creating a BTTF II ride in 2015 would be H.U.G.E! How could they possibly not see it?!

well we should start a facebook thing to get bttf back in the park for 2015
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexshow View Post
    well we should start a facebook thing to get bttf back in the park for 2015
    Back To The Future II The Ride - 2015 | Facebook

Please spread the word, let's get thousands of people supporting here!

• Seasick

Unless the Back to the Future franchise sees some sort of resurgence, this is not going to happen.

It is a franchise with unlimited potential, I'm surprised they haven't tried to do a Next Generation type thing with the series.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Timelord

I'm all for this. I'd love to see a back lot event at the very least. I'd do anything to see the whole cast on the backlot watching a show with the clocktower done up and have a young actor (or AJ Locasto sp?) show up in a Delorean!

Great Scott! This is heavy!

I love Back to the Future. I mean LOVE it. I mean LOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEE it. I went on the original Back to the Future ride when I was like 8-years-old and kept my eyes shut the whole ride. As time went on I relized my true love for Back to the Future and couldn't wait to properly go on the ride.By the time I was going back to L.A. I found out that they took it out and shipped it to Hong-Kong or wherever. I was heart-broken. I was really really heart-broken.

Now... there might be a new ride? That's enough to send me to cloud nine. I'm going to spread the word! Oh my gosh! This is so amazing! Rhythmic cerimonial ritual (okay that was random).

I want to see this happen >

isny it's ot for the backlot. its for replacing the simpsons ride in 2014 in hollywood and orlando.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Re: Old?

Quote Originally Posted by RetlawInMyBlood View Post
    Disney does it: ST, Indy, Splash, all of Fantasyland, Twilight Zone TOT , etc, etc, etc .
    If by "Does it" you mean use older properties for attractions then you are right....However they don't open a ride, close it 19 years later, and the re-open, fully formed on a permanent basis.

(Captain EO doesn't count, it was more of a band-aid and really cost no money to reopen. Also, they almost did Zero extra for it and it is meant as a temp thing anyway.)

BTTF has already had its day. They closed it for a reason. Simpson will be in the park for the long run and when it closes BTTF wont be put back....It would cost too much and the property isn't as relevant as it was 21 years ago.

---------- Post added 06-25-2012 at 12:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lukebrynycz View Post
    ^
    Whilst I loved the Simpsons when I was younger, and loved the ride the first time. I came off it the second time thinking that it was cheesy and doesn't have that same magical feel that BTTF, and indeed the other movie based rides that are slowly being ripped from the park, only to be replaced with stuff that is nothing to do with Universals legacy. I find the name and whole idea of the park is getting to be a bit of a joke these days. Paying tribute to their best films with a fireworks display, only to have their MAIN attractions as unrelated films/series, is just bizarre. They really need to clean their act up and creating a BTTF II ride in 2015 would be H.U.G.E! How could they possibly not see it?!
    Firstly, you are going to need WAY more than 100 signatures for Universal Creative to even consider look at the idea.

Second, you are going to have to show how BTTF 2 would benefit Universal financially. Remember Universal is in the Money business, just having something that is "Magical" or "Cool" isn't going to be enough. All gears are going forward to start Harry Potter soon, and (even though it hasn't been announced yet) Despicable Me will most likely be taking over T23D...Unless BTTF can financially match those two properties (and unless something new and high profile came out) they wont even consider it a viable property. At least in its old building.

but here's a challenge, finish the petition and do what you are going to do with it...Lets see what happens. My guess is nothing. Maybe a "thank you for your interest" letter, but they won't be taking the Simpson's ride out in 3 Years, I promise you that.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

They are currently restoring the A-Car Deloreon Time Machine. Meaning the most detailed version used for closeup shots.

Its going to displayed in an inclosed display case, maybe indoor, setting this time. So there is not the damage it received for sitting out exposed to the elements on the backlot all these years.

So something is being planned for 2015 for sure. Maybe just that.

I would love to see a real Cafe 80s restaurant opened on the Upper Lot. It would work on a number of levels not just its tie in to the movies. For 80s nostalgia too. Also most of the clips shown on the tv screens where Universal shows.

• Rookie Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    Tell that to the people who wait an hour to ride everyday. And then why do the Simpson characters always have the longest wait for pictures, while Doc (who I'm good friends with) has to walk up to people to get pictures usually.

Don't get me wrong, I love BTTF, but the most we'll ever see is a backlot event.
    The Simpsons is still insanely popular, I know - especially with younger folks who don't really even know of BTTF - but as a ride...I really just don't see it being around for 10+ years.

The more I think about adding a little BTTF segment to the tour though, the more I do like that idea. Just can't see any way they would be able to do it.
    "I'm the ghost with the most, babe." - Beetlejuice

"The future is what you make it - so make it a good one." - Back to the Future

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpeeder View Post
    Now... there might be a new ride? That's enough to send me to cloud nine. I'm going to spread the word! Oh my gosh! This is so amazing!
    "Might" is a mighty strong word. While this is a nice idea, and one I am all for, let's remember it entirely exists on an internet fan-board.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but let's not pretend this is happening.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    "Might" is a mighty strong word. While this is a nice idea, and one I am all for, let's remember it entirely exists on an internet fan-board.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but let's not pretend this is happening.
    Replace "might" with "won't" and we'll have a realistic statement on whether or not Universal will replace The Simpsons with a new Back to the Future Ride.

This happening is as likely as Disney shutting down Carsland tomorrow.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

It's true that not many young people today don't really know Back to the Future but I think that's because no one's really given it a go. Star Wars is still popular because of all the prequels and animated series and video games but (yes I know Back to the Future had a video game and all that) Back to the Future's stuff doesn't really do it justice. Plus, T.V. doesn't show BTTF that often and I think that if you just actually give someone a copy of Back to the Future, they will love it. It's just a matter of how easy it is to access. Simpson's on all the time.

honestly i can only see them bringing the ride back for a limited time, and they would not build an entirely new attraction

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpeeder View Post
    It's true that not many young people today don't really know Back to the Future but I think that's because no one's really given it a go. Star Wars is still popular because of all the prequels and animated series and video games but (yes I know Back to the Future had a video game and all that) Back to the Future's stuff doesn't really do it justice. Plus, T.V. doesn't show BTTF that often and I think that if you just actually give someone a copy of Back to the Future, they will love it. It's just a matter of how easy it is to access. Simpson's on all the time.

He's right, Star Wars isn't as popular with the kids as the Simpsons, but who cares..?! Take a look around Universal next time you're there, it's full of young adults on their own, or adults with a few childen. It ISN'T Disney. BTTF is just growing more popular with age. What a load of nonsense that the youths don't know about it, last time I was there tons of kids were running up to Doc for photos with the car. Check with Mattel to see how many Hoverboards orders there were just in that short period of time.

With the A car restoration and the once in a lifetime 2015 nearly upon us, this thing has the change to make Universal a *SERIOUS* amount of cash. It's one of their best films ever created, and with the Power Laced Air Mags that have been confirmed to arrive by Bob Gale in 2015, it would be one of the biggest events in history.

---------- Post added 06-26-2012 at 04:33 PM ----------

Also guys, I think I have to bring a bit of realism into this here. I agree with you that they won't tear down the Simpsons ride to replace with BTTF. Even though I'm sure they will agree it was a stupid decision to replace BTTF and not upgrade it, the conversion cost around $40,000,000. I'm not delusional, however, they could quite easily extend that building and perhaps even have just a few Deloreans on the new ride IF they were to bring back the classic ride. If not, they would need to extend the building quite considerably and make a ride similar to that of Spiderman.

I believe if/when they bring a new ride out, it should be a BTTF II Ride to tie into the year 2015 and have new technology as it would please a wider audience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast