Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New BTTF Ride in 2015 - Petition

Please help us restore the space time continuum by having a new BTTF simulation ride in 2015! Imagine a Spiderman type BTTF Ride blasting through time, it would be epic! It would be an amazing return for one of Universals golden trilogies that only seems to grow more popular with age.

This will be presented to Universal Studios with a covering letter for an official response that will be shared with the entire BTTF community. Please spread the word!

http://www.change.org/petitions/univ...FyvXejfhpe=pce

Re: New BTTF Ride in 2015 - Petition

ya but would they get the original cast for this? Christopher Lloyd is getting up there on age...

Quote Originally Posted by TSTLSOOM View Post
    ya but would they get the original cast for this? Christopher Lloyd is getting up there on age...
    Lloyd is always up for acting as Doc. He would do another ride in a heartbeat for Universal. Those recent commericals for Microsoft and the electronics firm, along with Time, The 4th Dimension which is coming out this year I believe. It's getting Tom Wilson involved that I'm not too sure about. I even think Fox would get involved as he did with the video game if it was a few short videos!

Quote Originally Posted by lukebrynycz View Post
    Lloyd is always up for acting as Doc. He would do another ride in a heartbeat for Universal. Those recent commericals for Microsoft and the electronics firm, along with Time, The 4th Dimension which is coming out this year I believe. It's getting Tom Wilson involved that I'm not too sure about. I even think Fox would get involved as he did with the video game if it was a few short videos!
    id love it if they would, but i do not think they would bring a ride back.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

I hate to be a "Debbie Downer" but nothing will ever come of this. BTTF has had its day, they aren't going to use new technology on a property that's 37 years old, no matter how popular its become in recent years. It isn't popular enough to warrant a new attraction.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

We will probably see an event in courthouse square in 2015 though.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    We will probably see an event in courthouse square in 2015 though.
    I agree. That's probably where the 'we're going back' 2015 event will be held. It will be EPIC!

Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark View Post
    I hate to be a "Debbie Downer" but nothing will ever come of this. BTTF has had its day, they aren't going to use new technology on a property that's 37 years old, no matter how popular its become in recent years. It isn't popular enough to warrant a new attraction.
    You mean 27 years old, right? 37 years ago would be 1975, not 1985, the year they released the first BTTF movie.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    You mean 27 years old, right? 37 years ago would be 1975, not 1985, the year they released the first BTTF movie.
    Oops! 27 years, my bad
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

no Bttf I was released in october i believe of 1985 and then in 1989 Bttf II was out and then one year later Bttf III was out but it could be because sience the simpsons is going to end in 2 years 2015 could have bttf the ride back in the park in it's original and redo it as tioft aka: the instiute of future technology
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexshow View Post
    no Bttf I was released in october i believe of 1985 and then in 1989 Bttf II was out and then one year later Bttf III was out but it could be because sience the simpsons is going to end in 2 years 2015 could have bttf the ride back in the park in it's original and redo it as tioft aka: the instiute of future technology
    True, when the Simpsons gets old in a few years, to convert it to an improved BTTF Ride wouldn't be hard. The original lasted almost 20 years and even THEN, it was still one of the most popular rides in the park. Imagine the Simpsons in anymore than 5 years, it just doesn't have that spark and longevity that BTTF has. Also, to me, Universal Studios is just turning into a random 'any old ride will do if it makes money' park. Creating a new BTTF Ride I believe would help bring that much needed magic back to their parks.

---------- Post added 06-23-2012 at 05:08 PM ----------

Just 7 more signatures to go!

[QUOTEImagine the Simpsons in anymore than 5 years, it just doesn't have that spark and longevity that BTTF has.][/QUOTE]

The longest running show in the history of television doesn't have staying power? Huh? Also, the Simpsons Ride didn't open until 2008, meaning that in 2015 it will only be 7 years old. So converting the ride back to BTTF would not only give the Simpsons a lifespan of less than 7 years, but making the conversion/re-conversion might not be the easy, cheap thing that people here assume it would be. I'm all for commemorating BTTF somehow once the real 2015 arrives, but going so far as to convert back the whole ride? Not going to happpen. BTW, you all do know that the all the "film" media from the ride, pre-show and ridefilm were included in their entirety as special features on a recent DVD release of BTTF III?

• Rookie Chatter

The longest running show in the history of television doesn't have staying power? Huh? Also, the Simpsons Ride didn't open until 2008, meaning that in 2015 it will only be 7 years old. So converting the ride back to BTTF would not only give the Simpsons a lifespan of less than 7 years, but making the conversion/re-conversion might not be the easy, cheap thing that people here assume it would be. I'm all for commemorating BTTF somehow once the real 2015 arrives, but going so far as to convert back the whole ride? Not going to happpen. BTW, you all do know that the all the "film" media from the ride, pre-show and ridefilm were included in their entirety as special features on a recent DVD release of BTTF III?
    Longest running, yes - but that doesn't mean it should be. In all honesty The Simpsons should have ended over ten years ago. I agree with Luke - it just isn't impressive after the first time you ride and doesn't have the same nostalgic staying power.
    "I'm the ghost with the most, babe." - Beetlejuice

"The future is what you make it - so make it a good one." - Back to the Future

• I miss my Disney

Old?

Disney does it: ST, Indy, Splash, all of Fantasyland, Twilight Zone TOT , etc, etc, etc .

Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark:1056788715
    Permanecer sentados por favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Betty Juice View Post
    Longest running, yes - but that doesn't mean it should be. In all honesty The Simpsons should have ended over ten years ago. I agree with Luke - it just isn't impressive after the first time you ride and doesn't have the same nostalgic staying power.
    Tell that to the people who wait an hour to ride everyday. And then why do the Simpson characters always have the longest wait for pictures, while Doc (who I'm good friends with) has to walk up to people to get pictures usually.

Don't get me wrong, I love BTTF, but the most we'll ever see is a backlot event.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast