Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: USH: Krustyland Games Midway & Plussing of Mummy Coaster Effects/AA Features

Actually, USH does have one animatronic in the mummy. Imhotep is poised right above the riders during the takeoff. I agree that mummy rumor must be for mummy in USH as it pales so far in comparison. Additionally, I believe that they are tackling mummy first because its a much simpler project as it takes up much less land then JP. Also, I'm not sure how many of you noticed that the ending of the ride used to be shown on a flat-screen TV. Its not projected. And the projector screen is MUCH bigger than needed to show the video. In fact, its much WIDER. Supporting this rumor more. Lastly, there is a TON of space in the arena. The track could probably even be re-worked to make the ride longer...

Re: USH: Krustyland Games Midway & Plussing of Mummy Coaster Effects/AA Features

^Forgot about that one!

I rode today, the projection at the end was down.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    ^Forgot about that one!

Yeah, it is easy to forget about it. You dont see him long and he is in a bit of a awkward position. Also the projection does break fairly often.

• Iron-Clad Allie

USF

"Our local man Keith sent in some pictures of the new Simpons themed Midway Games area under construction just in front of the ride."

Universal Studios Florida
    Cool! The game booth names and accompanying hooks are hilarious!

Shoot For the Stars: Why Are You Looking Down Here?
    Ring Toss: SmallRings, Tall Bottles: It's Impossible
    Pie In Your Eye: Warning - Pies May Contain Poison

---------- Post added 07-02-2012 at 01:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UniFan View Post
    Actually, USH does have one animatronic in the mummy. Imhotep is poised right above the riders during the takeoff. I agree that mummy rumor must be for mummy in USH as it pales so far in comparison. Additionally, I believe that they are tackling mummy first because its a much simpler project as it takes up much less land then JP. Also, I'm not sure how many of you noticed that the ending of the ride used to be shown on a flat-screen TV. Its not projected. And the projector screen is MUCH bigger than needed to show the video. In fact, its much WIDER. Supporting this rumor more. Lastly, there is a TON of space in the arena. The track could probably even be re-worked to make the ride longer...
    Great news about the existing animatronic an the added larger projection screen. it's enjoyable conversing with innteresting people such as you, UniFan, that actually work in the park.

^Forgot about that one!

They'll take on the task of fixig it, if they don't want to incur the wrath of the mummy!

Yeah, it is easy to forget about it. You dont see him long and he is in a bit of a awkward position. Also the projection does break fairly often.
    Can't wait to experience the ride....after the refurb.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Yeah all this is happening at Universal Studios in Orlando Florida. I covered it in the Orlando ParkHopper Universal Orlando Update: Dora Dance Party, Simpsons Games, Potter
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Thanks for sharing the link KingEric.

@Ride Warrior
    Thanks. Just wish I DID work at Uni, I'm just REALLY observant and try and notice small things like this.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Yeah all this is happening at Universal Studios in Orlando Florida. I covered it in the Orlando ParkHopper Universal Orlando Update: Dora Dance Party, Simpsons Games, Potter
    Thanx for the link, KingEric. It's great having so much going on at the parks on both coasts!

Thanks for sharing the link KingEric.

@Ride Warrior
    Thanks. Just wish I DID work at Uni, I'm just REALLY observant and try and notice small things like this.
    You definitely have some unique observation skills, UniFan. You make any thread that you grace better.

^ Not both coasts...only Florida.

Once again thanks Ride Warrior.

So, any ideas on what will be changing in The Mummy attraction anyone?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Thaks UniFan. Along with the previously mentioned changes, I wouldn't be surprised if the respective Mummy rides at each park benefited from freshened or totally new sound effects. Perhaps not, but this would seem logical.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-02-2012 at 09:56 PM.

• Minion

I would imagine a better projection at the beginning, maybe this will have something to do with the rumored mummy reboot which is supposed to be more of a horror movie than and adventure movie like the current remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Thaks UniFan. Along with the previously mentioned changes, I wouldn't be surprised if the respective Mummy rides at each park benefit freshened or totally new sound effects. Perhaps not, but this would seem logical.
    Thats another weak spot I've noticed in the ride is the sound system. I believe the ride could benefit from a "Transformers-quality" sound system, maybe not surround sound but something with the wattage or "thump" of TF. I've never been able to get a good listen of the ride's soundtrack either.
    Imaging hearing The Mummy's roar with booming subwoofers!

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    I would imagine a better projection at the beginning, maybe this will have something to do with the rumored mummy reboot which is supposed to be more of a horror movie than and adventure movie like the current remake.
    That seems kind of likely. One other reason to do the change is with the new Solid State HDDs and Technology we have nowadays which I hear is the reason why the old ending was removed to The Mummy, effects can be done much easier that may have been a problem in the past. There are also notable compression artifacts in the video, sort of like when you take a video off of YouTube and play it in 240p, it makes the video a little less believable. And those dropping Mummy guards seem to be out of sync lately. Additionally, it'd be cool to have The Curse of The Mummy or whatever during Halloween Horror Nights. Just something else during HHN besides JP if not that, maybe a Treehouse of Horror theme for Simpsons. Lastly, I think a brighter projection is NECESSARY in the queue video. I can't see a single thing thats going on, on the screen.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Thats another weak spot I've noticed in the ride is the sound system. I believe the ride could benefit from a "Transformers-quality" sound system, maybe not surround sound but something with the wattage or "thump" of TF. I've never been able to get a good listen of the ride's soundtrack either.
    Imaging hearing The Mummy's roar with booming subwoofers!
    Booming subwoofers pumping out the Mummy's roar would radically wild. You definitely have some screaming cool ideas, not to mention a solid command of varied production technology. Surround sound is hot, and I like your economical direct wattage approach to working around it.

That seems kind of likely. One other reason to do the change is with the new Solid State HDDs and Technology we have nowadays which I hear is the reason why the old ending was removed to The Mummy, effects can be done much easier that may have been a problem in the past. There are also notable compression artifacts in the video, sort of like when you take a video off of YouTube and play it in 240p, it makes the video a little less believable. And those dropping Mummy guards seem to be out of sync lately. Additionally, it'd be cool to have The Curse of The Mummy or whatever during Halloween Horror Nights. Just something else during HHN besides JP if not that, maybe a Treehouse of Horror theme for Simpsons. Lastly, I think a brighter projection is NECESSARY in the queue video. I can't see a single thing thats going on, on the screen.
    I can't see why USH suits haven't seen the advantage of keeping the Mummy coaster open on HalloweenHNs. Your Simpson's Treehouse of Horror sounds violently cute that just might make one feel like they are risking life and limb.. I'd really like to see something different like that.

Mummy is open during HHN.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Mummy is open during HHN.
    I hope so, This would be very good news!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast