Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

USH: Krustyland Games Midway & Plussing of Mummy Coaster Effects/AA Features

Source: Screamscape

It is strongly rumored that Universal Stidios Hollywood is going to add a Krustyland Games Midway (loaded with games) right in front of the Simpsons ride queue. My guess is that USH is competing directly with DCA's midway games at Paradise Pier. Three cheers for good healthy competition!

Rumors are also hot and heavy that the Revenge of the Mummy coaster ride will soon be undergoing an elaborate rehab. Scheduled for significant improvements are the special projection effects, animatronics, and changes/sprucing up for the entrance area, facade and possibly outside of the building.

Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-01-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: USH: Krustyland Games Midway & Plussing of Mummy Coaster Effects/AA Features

I hope so.....also would be nice for more..interactive things in the Q

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: USH: Krustyland Games Midway & Plussing of Mummy Coaster Effects/AA Features

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I hope so.....also would be nice for more..interactive things in the Q
    Definitely. If the area is to be upgraded with a big games midway, an interactive ride queue would tremendously add to the synergized fun.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-01-2012 at 02:34 PM.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

I really want the Mummy to go back to its original finale. The current one is just (for lack of a better word) stupid. I am still very puzzled why USH thought changing the ending to complete darkness was making the attraction more 'thrilling' or whatever they were trying to advertise a few years ago.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    I really want the Mummy to go back to its original finale. The current one is just (for lack of a better word) stupid. I am still very puzzled why USH thought changing the ending to complete darkness was making the attraction more 'thrilling' or whatever they were trying to advertise a few years ago.
    Complete darkness at the end certainly isn't very creative. I would hope to see the death of the mummy in a fantasmaclismic finally.

• Hello Dolly.

Wow both rumors sound great.
    If they managed to do both & add something new to the Terminator building I'd say they are in perfect shape before opening Potter.

Besides that ugly Coke Corner.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    Wow both rumors sound great.
    If they managed to do both & add something new to the Terminator building I'd say they are in perfect shape before opening Potter.

Besides that ugly Coke Corner.
    I've heard that they do plan to add something thrilling and exciting to the Terminator building. I would like to see a slammin' sci-fi attraction based on Battleship (vs. alliens) in 3-D, brimming with innovative special screen/holographic effects, and including animatronics plus live performers

There is already 1 tent midway game in front of the Simpsons ride, and 2 movalbe hammer games.

They've been there for over a year!

How do I know this...I was the Carnival opener this morning...
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    There is already 1 tent midway game in front of the Simpsons ride, and 2 movalbe hammer games.

They've been there for over a year!

How do I know this...I was the Carnival opener this morning...
    Great! This means that a full-fledged Simpsons themed midway game area will likely develop between this year and early 2013. Congratulations on the new job assignment, Linus. Hope it was a fun experience for you.

Thanks, but i've been working in Carnival for 4 years now. And with these rumors, well have to wait and see.

i would think Jurassic Park would need some TLC before mummy, but hey im not a manager

Pretty sure both of these rumors are for Orlando. They've already started building the midway games inside the Simpsons facade. This was done to replace the games from the now closed Amity. As for Mummy, I've heard the extensive refurbishment rumor, but I think someone may have gotten their wires crossed. The ride is currently undergoing some noticeable changes, such as the installation of new projectors in some scenes, however this is reportedly being done so the ride can be used as a "testing ground" for Gringotts effects. Whether or not the ride actually gets a permanent facelift is yet to be seen.

^ I bet you are 100% right.

USH's Mummy doesn't even have animatronics.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Thanks, but i've been working in Carnival for 4 years now. And with these rumors, well have to wait and see.
    Wait and see, we will.

Quote Originally Posted by TSTLSOOM View Post
    i would think Jurassic Park would need some TLC before mummy, but hey im not a manager
    Spead the fefurb love. i'm crazy about Jurassic Prk myself. Talk about theming!

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    Pretty sure both of these rumors are for Orlando. They've already started building the midway games inside the Simpsons facade. This was done to replace the games from the now closed Amity. As for Mummy, I've heard the extensive refurbishment rumor, but I think someone may have gotten their wires crossed. The ride is currently undergoing some noticeable changes, such as the installation of new projectors in some scenes, however this is reportedly being done so the ride can be used as a "testing ground" for Gringotts effects. Whether or not the ride actually gets a permanent facelift is yet to be seen.
    The rumors definitely pertain to USH, although I hope that they are planning to mirror their plans at USF. .

^ I bet you are 100% right.

USH's Mummy doesn't even have animatronics.
    Perhaps the ride is under consideration for the addition of animatrnics.

USF

"Our local man Keith sent in some pictures of the new Simpons themed Midway Games area under construction just in front of the ride."

Universal Studios Florida

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast