Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

Re: Annoying experience at Universal Studios Hollywood.

I wear simpson shirts to dl off and on and the only comments I get is that is an awesome shirt.... who dosen't love mr.plow. bickering is ok because its all in good fun. I do it to Home Depot and Lowes all the time , " fine I will go to Home Depot then"
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Yeah this....is America.....so yeah that's why you can wear almost any t shirt to a theme parks besides ones that offend people....

As for the ears...its a joke....they also kill a Disney tourist on the new Kong 3D.....its funny and in no way hurts the Disney C operation....just free advertising

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Call me crazy but purposely going into a theme park while wearing a rival theme park's shirt is ASKING to be picked on.

Like when it's October and going to Haunt wearing a Universal shirt. It's a way to get more monsters to scare you twice as much (but hopefully not break character while doing it, which happens and is probably the reason you show your allegiance to Universal and not the event you're at).

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiele View Post
    This has happened to me on more than one occasion.... As I said before, this has happened to me at least twice.
    I am going to say this is not true. It has happened to you "at least twice"? What, you can't remember? And you didn't report it to a supervisor?

The fact that you are emphasizing Disneyland in your thread and poking at USH seems suspicious.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

• Rookie Chatter

As other have said - it's just a joke! At Disney I would joke about Universal shirts by telling them they got off on the wrong freeway, but it's not like I - or any fellow CMs for that matter - were upset and wanted you to leave. I do the same thing to UCLA fans at my store when I wear my Trojan gear, and I get the same ribbing in return. The USH employees were just making a connection to a guest in their own way as they are encouraged to do.

And yes, if you wear a competitor's brand or character to another park you are ASKING for teasing. It is kind of silly to wear Disney clothes to a non-Disney park unless you're under the age of ten and had no choice or just really like your Disney stuff. But personally I think you should be prepared for a little teasing and be a little less sensitive in this case.
    "I'm the ghost with the most, babe." - Beetlejuice

"The future is what you make it - so make it a good one." - Back to the Future

• Functional & Decorative

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiele View Post
    Do they really think they would even have a viable theme park if it weren't for the Disneyland crowd?? Or the Disneyland inspiration??
    Seeing as how Universal has been drawing crowds for tours since 1915, I'd say they can be a viable theme park without Disneyland.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    Did you ride the Simpsons? That ride filled to the brim with jabs at Disney. I personally love it when parks take jabs at each other and their fan bases.

Its all good fun. You shouldn't be offended.
    Right! And Simpsons is also full on jabs at Universal themselves! To the OP, I don't know what was said to you but at least with respect to the mouse ears in JP: Yes, you are being too sensitive.

And of course people come to SoCal just for USH, in fact I've met plenty of people here in SoCal who prefer USH and hold it in the same regards that I hold Disney. Kids whose parents took them to USH have established that connection with that park.

They should be thanking Disney? Then Disney should be thanking all of their inspirations.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Pilot EdForceOne

big difference between the parks poking fun at each other.. and someone picking on or taunting a CUSTOMER'S CLOTHING in a way that that might insult them.

Why wear a Disney shirt? Because.. uhm... it's clothes they own?

It's poor poor customer service to do this in a way that would insult customers. Jokes in the shows are typically done by someone with actual talent. Far too often people think they have talent and instead just stick their foot in their mouth.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Hello Dolly.

They are just poking fun. It's not that serious.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    They are just poking fun. It's not that serious.
    So would jokes about the person's race..
    or maybe their weight..
    or that maybe their kid looks like they were beat with the ugly stick..

Humor rarely is 'serious' - but what makes some humor acceptable or not is based on how it offends people or not.

Am I evil? yes, I am

• Rookie Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    So would jokes about the person's race..
    or maybe their weight..
    or that maybe their kid looks like they were beat with the ugly stick..

Humor rarely is 'serious' - but what makes some humor acceptable or not is based on how it offends people or not.
    It all rests in what exactly was said and how it was said - without knowing that, it's hard to tell if it was really something rude or something being taken too seriously. But comparing it to a racist joke or a joke about weight or appearance seems a little silly. A good deal of the time it really is just good-natured ribbing. If the employee was blatantly rude about it that's one thing - but if they're making a friendly joke that calls to the rivalry between parks, it's nothing to be getting so ruffled about.
    "I'm the ghost with the most, babe." - Beetlejuice

"The future is what you make it - so make it a good one." - Back to the Future

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Betty Juice View Post
    It all rests in what exactly was said and how it was said - without knowing that, it's hard to tell if it was really something rude or something being taken too seriously. But comparing it to a racist joke or a joke about weight or appearance seems a little silly. A good deal of the time it really is just good-natured ribbing. If the employee was blatantly rude about it that's one thing - but if they're making a friendly joke that calls to the rivalry between parks, it's nothing to be getting so ruffled about.
    The point is... humor doesn't need to start out as hurtful or serious, to be hurtful. Most is just attempts at being funny, but may land flat and insult/hurt. What you joke about with someone you know.. is not the same about what you joke about with strangers.. or your boss... or maybe your CUSTOMERS.

There is a special relationship in play here - a business and customer - not you hanging out with your friends. The boundaries and expectations are different.

It's called tact - something often missing in so many people.

Am I evil? yes, I am

• Circle of Ancients

I generally make it a point to not wear a competing park's shirt to a theme park.

That said, if I did wear a Six Flags, Disney, etc shirt to USH, Knotts, etc I'd expect to get mocked and I'd have absolutely no problem with it. It's all in good fun.

my most annoying exprience was on the tram. this kid couldn't stop crying and i asked her father to shut her up but he didn't do anything!
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    The point is... humor doesn't need to start out as hurtful or serious, to be hurtful. Most is just attempts at being funny, but may land flat and insult/hurt. What you joke about with someone you know.. is not the same about what you joke about with strangers.. or your boss... or maybe your CUSTOMERS.

There is a special relationship in play here - a business and customer - not you hanging out with your friends. The boundaries and expectations are different.

It's called tact - something often missing in so many people.
    While I think you're partially right, it all depends on tone. Without knowing that, its hard to make a call here. That being said, you can't drink a Coke in a Pepsi factory and expect no one to say anything.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast