evolution plan update

i have a update on the nbcuniversal evolution plan "It appears that sanity has prevailed at Universal Studios Hollywood, as the new owners have decided to take an axe to the entire residential portion of the Evolution Plan in the latest revision. The new map layout released also reveals plans for a new 500-room on-site hotel, new parking structures or possibly even CityWalk expansion buildings going into all of the remaining ground level parking lots. New studio production buildings will be added to the backlot in various locations. It looks like the old lagoon and Parting of the Red Sea effects area will be removed to make way for a new small neighborhood street scene, not unlike the famous neighborhood set further up the hillside. The Europe/Rome street area looks to also be replaced with a new street scene of some kind, and the western area looks like it will be removed and replaced by a pair of production buildings instead. Something new may also take over the War of the Worlds & Psycho House area, but the big lake and Jaws area will remain. However it does appear as if the Mummy / Avalanche tunnel effect tunnel will be removed and replaced by a new drive-through attraction of some kind. The collapsing bridge also looks to survive, and while the Gibson Amphitheater is still seen, there is a new attraction building set up behind it. WaterWorld also looks destined to be replaced by another new attraction building as well. Iím guessing one of these later two areas will become part of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Click here to see the new revised map." and the quote was from screamscape. i'm on the ps3 but thats something.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

• Timelord

Re: evolution plan update

• Iron-Clad Allie

Here's a beautiful site map of the expansion minus the stupid residential waste of space. Yay!

To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

But where's the loading area for the tram? there is a tram because of the new attraction's on the tram.

I'm glad to hear they jettisoned the residential houses. With space so scarce for expanding most theme parks, it seemed a waste to throw away valuable park property on just another housing tract (that could never be reclaimed). I'm not really sure that they need another hotel - they seem to have a few of them already. The Harry Potter land will be a huge success, of course, as long as they do it right, and don't scrimp on the budget (or space). I hope they don't destroy too much of the back lot. It seems that fires tend to do that on a semi-regular basis as is... they need to preserve some of the history of the lot so they can honestly say that such & such was filmed here, instead of just showing people new buildings.

Thrilled about this move. I was saddened when I heard (years ago) that Universal was going to destroy its famous backlot for apartment buildings. This is definitely a step in the right direction.

^^^Where it says Expanded Tram.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

^Well how the heck will they get guest down there that or the new attractions is the new tram loading dock and they have a little preshow like hollywood studios backlot tour in disney studios in florda

I'm sure the path is just not shown.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

• Doombuggy Rider

I am pleased the Residential designs were removed for the expansion of Universal Studios Hollywood; although I hope they will retain my favorite "back lot" features (ie Bates Motel & Bates House - well, Jaws could use an update). In order to compete with other Theme Parks, Universal Hollywood has no choice but to make room for more (new) Attractions & Rides, as well as expand City Walk & offer more Hotel Rooms / Parking to accommodate a potential increase in Theme Park Guests visiting (& it wouldn't hurt if they built new access via the Freeways to improve traffic flow IN & OUT) ...

I will miss the Universal (Gibson) Amphitheater (a great venue), but I'm sure a new one will eventually be built (concerts = extra revenue) ...

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

i still think if they close the HOB sunset that they should build a house of blues on property. mostly because i wont have to pay to park lol

• Doombuggy Rider

Quote Originally Posted by TSTLSOOM View Post
    i still think if they close the HOB sunset that they should build a house of blues on property. mostly because i wont have to pay to park lol
    Paying for parking has killed the concert going experience in Los Angeles (for me) ... back in the day, you had the option of finding street parking for free (now Los Angeles wants you to pay to park on the street), or near a residential area (in Hollywood) you could park without a permit (but now its an instant ticket if you do) ... you are forced to valet park OR pay to park in a lot (I'm guessing if they had a House of Blues venue in City Walk they would validate parking?) ....

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

Quote Originally Posted by darkamor View Post
    Paying for parking has killed the concert going experience in Los Angeles (for me) ... back in the day, you had the option of finding street parking for free (now Los Angeles wants you to pay to park on the street), or near a residential area (in Hollywood) you could park without a permit (but now its an instant ticket if you do) ... you are forced to valet park OR pay to park in a lot (I'm guessing if they had a House of Blues venue in City Walk they would validate parking?) ....

C J
    i believe Citywalks parking goes down a bit once the USH box office closes. so it would probably be 7-10 bucks to park, but if you had an annual pass with parking it would be free everytime! (before 5) also you could always take the red line to universal city station and take the shuttle up