Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• 47 SMs in 2 days baby !

Re: Rumor: Is Transformers really going to come to USF?

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    Because, wouldn't it be better in their cards to re-theme the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man to Transformers and the rest of Super-Hero Island in IoA, to a sci-fi themed Island when USF's contract to use Marvel in it's parks expires? Plus, wouldn't it be a bit too stale to have to copies of the same ride technology?

Timekeeper
    2 reasons why transformers will NEVER replace Spiderman:

1. If Universal closes Spiderman, Disney automatically gets the rights to use Spiderman in Disneyworld.

2. Universal wants more people to go to the studios and not IOA.

First off, USF having upgrades over the USH Transformers is a bit laughable. What, are they going to use even higher definition than 4K? The SS44 footprint is big, but just about as large as the Backdraft/SES one. In order to rush this thing, it's going to be identical except maybe with some differences in regards to the facade. But overall the same weaving NEST corridors/queue will be utilized and it'll most likely be the same elevators.

What catches me off-guard is that in essence, Transformers and Spider-Man are actually pretty similar in that they reuse plenty of ideas. The opening scene of something hopping onto your car, navigating underground tunnels, being dragged over a cityscape (admittedly The Simpsons Ride copied this as well) and of course a perilous fall from a skyscraper. The latter will easily stick in the minds of tourists, but again this must be identical to get the attraction out on time. Nothing wrong with the same ride system being used, but with Transformers it seemed Universal wanted to create a very similar experience to Spider-Man, without Spider-Man of course. So it's a little weird that they've up and decided Florida should have that too.

I mean, if they did. Everybody has for some reason hopped aboard this train and refuses to think it can be anything else, rather suddenly. I won't be too sure until the official announcement. Or when we get evidence of USF building elevator pits.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstate5 View Post
    First off, USF having upgrades over the USH Transformers is a bit laughable. What, are they going to use even higher definition than 4K? The SS44 footprint is big, but just about as large as the Backdraft/SES one. In order to rush this thing, it's going to be identical except maybe with some differences in regards to the facade. But overall the same weaving NEST corridors/queue will be utilized and it'll most likely be the same elevators.

What catches me off-guard is that in essence, Transformers and Spider-Man are actually pretty similar in that they reuse plenty of ideas. The opening scene of something hopping onto your car, navigating underground tunnels, being dragged over a cityscape (admittedly The Simpsons Ride copied this as well) and of course a perilous fall from a skyscraper. The latter will easily stick in the minds of tourists, but again this must be identical to get the attraction out on time. Nothing wrong with the same ride system being used, but with Transformers it seemed Universal wanted to create a very similar experience to Spider-Man, without Spider-Man of course. So it's a little weird that they've up and decided Florida should have that too.

I mean, if they did. Everybody has for some reason hopped aboard this train and refuses to think it can be anything else, rather suddenly. I won't be too sure until the official announcement. Or when we get evidence of USF building elevator pits.
    It isn't "laughable" for them to make changes from the other versions. There are many possible improvements that could be made, and they wouldn't necessarily add much to the construction time. The similarity to Spider-Man storywise is one big reason to possibly make changes. And this is a fast tracked attraction, but that doesn't mean it's a "rush job."

We already have evidence that they're building elevator pits. We've had it for a while.
    Project 609 Updates - ParkRumors.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12