Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Rookie Chatter

Re: Grrr, its frustrating that they are moving so quickly on Orlando Transformers but

Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark View Post
    Greg and co.?
    Greg and some of the other cast members, not like a company or anything. Sorry, I worded that poorly.
    "I'm the ghost with the most, babe." - Beetlejuice

"The future is what you make it - so make it a good one." - Back to the Future

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Re: Grrr, its frustrating that they are moving so quickly on Orlando Transformers but

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Betty Juice View Post
    Greg and some of the other cast members, not like a company or anything. Sorry, I worded that poorly.
    I mean, who's Greg?
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

• Rookie Chatter

I mean, who's Greg?
    Oh! Sorry! Greg Dolph, he plays the Deacon.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Oh! Sorry! Greg Dolph, he plays the Deacon.
    Oh! Ok....interesting...Hmm...This could mean a few things...either the rumor of Potter starting in a few years is actually true and this is the last contract renewal for the cast...or maybe they're contract wasn't necessarily renewed for Waterworld, but for something to do with Potter (i.e. The contract was renewed with universal, not necessarily the show?)...however, if the Gibson AND Waterworld have both renewed their contracts, (meaning the rumors are actually true) maybe Potter is going somewhere else entirely or perhaps Greg isn't allowed to talk about it?

Did Greg actually sign the contract himself or is he hearing this second hand from the union (or some other source) a lot of rumors are going around about contract renewals but nothing solid...it seems like a weird move on universal's part...

• Rookie Chatter

Oh! Ok....interesting...Hmm...This could mean a few things...either the rumor of Potter starting in a few years is actually true and this is the last contract renewal for the cast...or maybe they're contract wasn't necessarily renewed for Waterworld, but for something to do with Potter (i.e. The contract was renewed with universal, not necessarily the show?)...however, if the Gibson AND Waterworld have both renewed their contracts, (meaning the rumors are actually true) maybe Potter is going somewhere else entirely or perhaps Greg isn't allowed to talk about it?

Did Greg actually sign the contract himself or is he hearing this second hand from the union (or some other source) a lot of rumors are going around about contract renewals but nothing solid...it seems like a weird move on universal's part...
    I'm not actually sure on the details beyond the contract renewal being made for the building/show so it would be safe from being torn down for awhile, but I can ask him. I didn't even think about those elements.

Are the rumors for Potter starting in a few years or being completed in a few years? I kept seeing things about a 2015 opening date but that was when the rumors first started to come out. I'm with others in thinking that by the time it opens it's going to be a bit irrelevant, though it will draw in huge crowds I bet.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Are the rumors for Potter starting in a few years or being completed in a few years? I kept seeing things about a 2015 opening date but that was when the rumors first started to come out. I'm with others in thinking that by the time it opens it's going to be a bit irrelevant, though it will draw in huge crowds I bet.
    Everything about Potter is weird right now....its weird that they should renew the contracts for the Gibson and Waterworld if that is where Potter is going (The most logical place IMHO), and its weird that they should announce something that they aren't planning to start building for another 5, 4 or even 3 years.

The answer might be location...everyone assumes that's its going into the Gibson area...Maybe its going into the Tram Garage area, but even then, the Gibson is still in the way...Although, I have a friend in trams who said that Creative was doing tests on some soil samples around the Gibson...Soooo, whatever that means....

Also, i just refuse to believe that they would announce something they aren't planning on building for even another 3 years...that sounds like the worst business decision ever...strike while the iron is hot, you know?
    Last edited by s8ntmark; 08-11-2012 at 04:45 AM.

I'm hoping my phrasing here is delicate, but the Universal Hollywood management aren't exactly go-getters as near as I can see.

Every word is that since Comcast bought out the company they've indicated a strong resolve to invest heavily in the parks, and while Orlando seems to be embracing that with abandon, the Hollywood team seems to be taking a 'we'll build it when we build it' mentality towards a guaranteed money-maker and something that, along with Transformers, is the first chance they've had to legitimately take a bite of Disneyland's apple in years, perhaps ever.

Even Osaka jumped at the chance and is pledging construction as soon as possible while disquieting rumors are circulating that USH's Potter project might not even start for another few years. They really just don't seem to get it. The very fact they were very seriously considering ceding resort land to private home development to make a quick buck shows to me the suits in place are not the types you would ideally want running a theme park.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Well look at how in advance transformers was announced at Hollywood. Where here it is still not announced and they are pouring the foundation.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

S8Ntmark and jarod. in front of waterworld i guess they told the staff who works in that area for waterworld is that it will be closing. so i guess the manager said to them that the show will end. (and also remember thay you see something new is going in gibson. heres a photo on what will probaubly happen.

Its small but that would be the area and gibson would become gringgots. and waterworld would be potter
    It is my thinking what will happen next year for universal is in late november this year is HoH V.2 And despicable me will probaubly be in the terminator area and i think that will happen for the event and nothing until late 2014 for potter.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Well look at how in advance transformers was announced at Hollywood. Where here it is still not announced and they are pouring the foundation.
    Well Transformers was announced October 2008 and construction started in April 2010 so we do still have time....but if they don't start for another 2 more years, why even bother announcing the thing so early? They didn't need to.

Granted, the news might have been outed...but they could have just ignored it if it was still so far off, there would have been no logical reason to make the announcement so early.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    At least USH can actually call itself a studio without laughing. I'm sure HP will do fine at USH. Someone sounds jealous the West coast cool gang doesn't have to travel cross country to see Harry Potter.
    USF may not be a major Hollywood studio, but it has active production. I don't see what's so funny about it. And sorry, but you will still have to travel cross country to see Potter in its entirety. You're getting the Cliffs Notes version due to a lack of space.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    USF may not be a major Hollywood studio, but it has active production. I don't see what's so funny about it. And sorry, but you will still have to travel cross country to see Potter in its entirety. You're getting the Cliffs Notes version due to a lack of space.
    Still doesn't compare to USH, especially when you include the history of the studio. No one knows what we're getting as of now. Really all they've announced is the news that we're actually getting it.

• Rookie Chatter

Still doesn't compare to USH, especially when you include the history of the studio. No one knows what we're getting as of now. Really all they've announced is the news that we're actually getting it.
    Agree fully with Jasmineray - USF just doesn't compare. When it comes to production, USH has a rich and unique history - and calling any of the other parks a "studio" with the extremely small amount of production done in any of them is pretty funny if you think about it, purely from a naming standpoint.

As for Potter I don't want it in CA at all, I'd really rather Florida kept it to themselves...but we all know money talks, and Universal is already counting on that.

Still doesn't compare to USH, especially when you include the history of the studio.
    It doesn't have to compare to Hollywood. That isn't the point. As I said previously, it's not a major studio and isn't supposed to be one (anymore.)

No one knows what we're getting as of now. Really all they've announced is the news that we're actually getting it.
    You're correct that they haven't announced the details of USH's Potter, but that's basically irrelevant because we're dealing with a known variable, the park's size. In order for USH to receive all of Orlando's Potter content, it would have to take up nearly the entire park. That's just not going to happen. Certain aspects of the project wouldn't even be logistically possible with USH's layout.

Agree fully with Jasmineray - USF just doesn't compare. When it comes to production, USH has a rich and unique history - and calling any of the other parks a "studio" with the extremely small amount of production done in any of them is pretty funny if you think about it, purely from a naming standpoint.
    I've thought about it, and I still don't see what's so funny about a working production facility being called a studio. That is one of the definitions of the word "studio," no? The various other _____ Studios parks designed by Disney and Universal are not actual production facilities (anymore.) Universal Studios Florida (still) is.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

As for Potter I don't want it in CA at all, I'd really rather Florida kept it to themselves..
    How come?

---------- Post added 08-14-2012 at 10:51 AM ----------

In order for USH to receive all of Orlando's Potter content, it would have to take up nearly the entire park. That's just not going to happen. Certain aspects of the project wouldn't even be logistically possible with USH's layout.
    Not true, taking out the Gibson and Waterworld is sufficient enough for Hogsmead and Forbidden Journey. if they wanted to put in the London section, they could push it into the Lower lot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast