Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Grrr, its frustrating that they are moving so quickly on Orlando Transformers but

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    It doesn't have to compare to Hollywood. That isn't the point. As I said previously, it's not a major studio and isn't supposed to be one (anymore.)

You're correct that they haven't announced the details of USH's Potter, but that's basically irrelevant because we're dealing with a known variable, the park's size. In order for USH to receive all of Orlando's Potter content, it would have to take up nearly the entire park. That's just not going to happen. Certain aspects of the project wouldn't even be logistically possible with USH's layout.

I've thought about it, and I still don't see what's so funny about a working production facility being called a studio. That is one of the definitions of the word "studio," no? The various other _____ Studios parks designed by Disney and Universal are not actual production facilities (anymore.) Universal Studios Florida (still) is.
    In that case, if the studio parts of the park don't have to compare, then Hogwarts shouldn't either.

Apparently there are 200 (I think) acres of property that haven't been used yet. I think we should just wait and see.

What's filmed at USO? Some shows, correct? Now compare that to Hollywood blockbusters like War of the Worlds, Psycho, Back to the Future, etc. Native Californians who visit USH regularly and especially film lovers, like me, would visit the studio part of Orlando and would either laugh or dismiss the entire thing in general. Why even put in a "studio" if it's not going to be the real deal?

Honestly I was okay with USO having Potter all to themselves, since USH's main focus and draw isn't the attractions. To be honest again, I'd be totally fine if USH were to cancel Potter right now.

Re: Grrr, its frustrating that they are moving so quickly on Orlando Transformers but

Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark View Post
    Not true, taking out the Gibson and Waterworld is sufficient enough for Hogsmead and Forbidden Journey. if they wanted to put in the London section, they could push it into the Lower lot.
    Where are you going to put Dragon Challenge? How much of the lower lot are you willing to replace? How are you going to build a Hogwarts Express to connect the two?

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    What's filmed at USO? Some shows, correct? Now compare that to Hollywood...
    It doesn't have to compare to Hollywood. That isn't the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Native Californians who visit USH regularly and especially film lovers, like me, would visit the studio part of Orlando and would either laugh or dismiss the entire thing in general. Why even put in a "studio" if it's not going to be the real deal?
    The real deal? There's a difference between something not living up to your expectations and it being fake. As I've already mentioned, it IS a real studio, and it had quite a bit of activity when it first opened. It's always been mostly a TV studio, yes. TV shows are a form of REAL production.

• Rookie Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark View Post
    How come?
    Well, as much as I love the HP books (not a fan of the movies) and as great as WWoHP seems in theory to me, I really feel sad that Universal is focusing so much on properties they don't own (Such as Simpsons, Shrek, Transformers - as much as I love it - and now Harry Potter) when they have such a vast library to draw from that is simply sitting there. I know many are excited for the Potter stuff in California but I would rather have the variety between the parks to encourage me to even want to go to USF for a reason besides seeing E.T. again.
    "I'm the ghost with the most, babe." - Beetlejuice

"The future is what you make it - so make it a good one." - Back to the Future

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Where are you going to put Dragon Challenge? How much of the lower lot are you willing to replace? How are you going to build a Hogwarts Express to connect the two?
    No Dragon Challenge, at the press conference they showed a video that showed scenes from the WWHP in Florida. They showed stuff about Hogsmead, Forbidden Journey, and Flight of the Hippogriff but nothing about Dragon Challenge... i think that was on purpose....Dragon Challenge isn't coming to Hollywood. The only reason its in Orlando is because it was already there and could be re-themed easily.

How would You build a Hogwarts Express? Two different areas with a train ride that connects them.
    Last edited by s8ntmark; 08-15-2012 at 10:44 AM.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Personally I think WWoHP should remain an Orlando exclusive.. I was actually planning on visiting USH for the first time in 10 years to go experience Transformers... however now that it is coming to Orlando, there is no need for me to make that trip.

I want there to be different experiences on both coasts, and that goes for Disney too!

I want to be enticed with different offerings forcing me to vacation in both places!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Minion

The real deal? There's a difference between something not living up to your expectations and it being fake. As I've already mentioned, it IS a real studio, and it had quite a bit of activity when it first opened. It's always been mostly a TV studio, yes. TV shows are a form of REAL production.

IMO it still isn't as impressive as Hollywood, and you don't hear people saying they want to go to USO for the studio aspect. That's the whole point I was trying to make in the first place. How about we just agree to disagree?

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Personally I think WWoHP should remain an Orlando exclusive.. I was actually planning on visiting USH for the first time in 10 years to go experience Transformers... however now that it is coming to Orlando, there is no need for me to make that trip.

I want there to be different experiences on both coasts, and that goes for Disney too!

I want to be enticed with different offerings forcing me to vacation in both places!
    That makes sense, but taking trips across the country isn't an option for a lot of people, and possible revenue is being lost because of it.

uni may lose out on a bunch of travel money...but they'll make it up with massive return business, in 2 locations....(actually 3) i don't think they're too worried.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

Quote Originally Posted by Alexshow View Post
    S8Ntmark and jarod. in front of waterworld i guess they told the staff who works in that area for waterworld is that it will be closing. so i guess the manager said to them that the show will end. (and also remember thay you see something new is going in gibson. heres a photo on what will probaubly happen.

Its small but that would be the area and gibson would become gringgots. and waterworld would be potter
    It is my thinking what will happen next year for universal is in late november this year is HoH V.2 And despicable me will probaubly be in the terminator area and i think that will happen for the event and nothing until late 2014 for potter.
    I think that you pretty much hit the nail on the head........Forbidden Journey, Gringgots coaster, and shops. Plus Despicable Me in place of Terminator as a "bridge" attraction between now and Potter opening......much like Transformers in Orlando.

I'll take Potter any day over Evolution residential development.............

• Munchings & Crunchings

Well, Universal Studios Orlando was built as a theme park first, and a studio second. They only added the productions as an effort to make it a "real working studio", but besides a heavy Nickelodeon presence early on, they haven't had tons of TV or movie productions lining up to film there. Even Disney couldn't really sustain a working studio in Orlando.

However, Universal Studios Hollywood started as the studio first, and theme park much later. It's always been centered on actual film production and has been a working studio for decades. There are constantly film and TV productions going on down on the lower lot, and although it might not be one of the largest studio lots, it's fairly popular to rent it out.

At this point it's semantics...because you really can't compare the productions going on at USF to the ones at USF...USH will always win as a working movie studio. The theme parks can easily be compared though, as they are self contained.

• Suspended

USH as a theme park fails in comparison to USF. There is no cohesiveness, no master plan, no sense of place. Rides are placed randomly in unthemed buildings. However people go to USH to experience the Tram Tour. That is all it has got going for it.

Interestingly, you are in more contact with a movie studio in FL than at USH. The only time you are in the studio is when you are on the tram tour. Other than that, you are walking around a theme park, not a movie studio. USH is just a bunch of random rides clustered together next to a tram that takes you to the real studios. In Florida, all of the street sets are actually used in films and movies. There are soundstages that things are actively filmed in. Nickelodeon put you into the TV magic. Of course USH there is tons more production occurring but FL still offers production opportunities. The parks were built with the intention of filming, both USF and IOA, and even the hotels. Look at this: USFPG - Home

As a theme park USF wins. As a chance to visit a real movie backlot, USH wins. Other than the tram ride, I would much rather spend $100 to visit USF.

^I disagree. yeah the tram is the main thing in hollywood but with transformers as a ride that hollywood is the only place in the us for now but it is true.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexshow View Post
    ^I disagree. yeah the tram is the main thing in hollywood but with transformers as a ride that hollywood is the only place in the us for now but it is true.
    But Transformers won't be exclusive to USH for much longer. With USH's Transformers replacing two attractions and Potter possibly replacing Waterworld and other things, due to lack of space, I think it illustrates why a sharing of attractions hurts USH especially. They're going to have barely any unique attractions soon.
    Last edited by JtnOrl; 08-17-2012 at 10:04 PM.

or mabye waterworld can have a new ride thats daring for a audience or a show and to be honest sinbad in ioa will probaubly stay so hollywood can have a show.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1971 View Post
    USH as a theme park fails in comparison to USF. There is no cohesiveness, no master plan, no sense of place. Rides are placed randomly in unthemed buildings. However people go to USH to experience the Tram Tour. That is all it has got going for it.

Interestingly, you are in more contact with a movie studio in FL than at USH. The only time you are in the studio is when you are on the tram tour. Other than that, you are walking around a theme park, not a movie studio. USH is just a bunch of random rides clustered together next to a tram that takes you to the real studios. In Florida, all of the street sets are actually used in films and movies. There are soundstages that things are actively filmed in. Nickelodeon put you into the TV magic. Of course USH there is tons more production occurring but FL still offers production opportunities. The parks were built with the intention of filming, both USF and IOA, and even the hotels. Look at this: USFPG - Home

As a theme park USF wins. As a chance to visit a real movie backlot, USH wins. Other than the tram ride, I would much rather spend $100 to visit USF.
    I disagree with your entire post.

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by mainejeff View Post
    I disagree with your entire post.
    Well then, I am sorry that you have never been to a theme park and have no sense of architecture and theme park design. It is really sad considering you are on a theme park website.

Take a look at pictures, Youtube videos, others reviews of parks so you can understand how theme parks work.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast