Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Grrr, its frustrating that they are moving so quickly on Orlando Transformers but...

...dragging their feet on Hollywood's Harry Potter...Grrr, Whats taking so long?!
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Grrr, its frustrating that they are moving so quickly on Orlando Transformers but

Potter Cost a lot more...and the fact that most of the land rumored to become Potterland is still in use for other things

Re: Grrr, its frustrating that they are moving so quickly on Orlando Transformers but

potterland wont happen for at least 5 years, which leads to my question that i asked on my universal tour a few months age. "UMM whats the point that far out?"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Noty View Post
    potterland wont happen for at least 5 years, which leads to my question that i asked on my universal tour a few months age. "UMM whats the point that far out?"
    universal's hand got forced by the leaks to the LA Times, Wall Street Journal and other trade mags. sadly the management team out there at UHS cannot keep a secret. which is the exact opposite of the team out here that is tight lipped and secretive. here we have a ride that is going to open up in 14 months and still no announcement.

I believe we will get an annuncement when it will do the most harm to Disney soooo expect it around the time Fanatsyland opens.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    universal's hand got forced by the leaks to the LA Times, Wall Street Journal and other trade mags. sadly the management team out there at UHS cannot keep a secret. which is the exact opposite of the team out here that is tight lipped and secretive. here we have a ride that is going to open up in 14 months and still no announcement.

I believe we will get an annuncement when it will do the most harm to Disney soooo expect it around the time Fanatsyland opens.
    Like you said Transformers is to hurt Fantasyland

While over here...Potterland needs some years to get people hyped for it and spread the word it's coming

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Noty View Post
    No, if Potter was still 5 years away they would have ignored the rumors and not made any announcement at all, why bother so early? They will be starting end of this year, beginning of next (Next Summer at the latest) There is no solid truth to the Gibson's contract being extended rumor....and even if there was, the extension is only rumored to be til 2015. Also, a change of venue is always possible.

Believe me, universal is gearing up for Potter in a BIG way...its a big big deal, they are going to want to get it started ASAP.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^they might want to...but rumors say that Terminator and the House of Horrors are getting work down first....and that MAYBE next summer work might begin on Potter...maybe Spring but from we've heard on the boards they are taking there sweat time

• Suspended

I hope Potter does not go all the way out to Hollywood. It should stay in IOA where it belongs and fits in with the park. A land of that quality and design aesthetic should not be cloned and definitely not be placed in a park with the haphazardness of USH. With that quality of a land, it would look out of place in the banal park known as USH. Make all those Californians come over to the East Coast and experience Potter in its full glory.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1971 View Post
    I hope Potter does not go all the way out to Hollywood. It should stay in IOA where it belongs and fits in with the park. A land of that quality and design aesthetic should not be cloned and definitely not be placed in a park with the haphazardness of USH. With that quality of a land, it would look out of place in the banal park known as USH. Make all those Californians come over to the East Coast and experience Potter in its full glory.
    At least USH can actually call itself a studio without laughing. I'm sure HP will do fine at USH. Someone sounds jealous the West coast cool gang doesn't have to travel cross country to see Harry Potter.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1971 View Post
    Its already on it's way. I know some people don't want to see it come over to the West Coast, but I think from now on its going to be part of the park's structure....Like a Fantasyland...Each new park will have a WWoHP. There's already one going into Japan as well...and i think there's a rumor its going into Singapore soon too.

Well at my final day at uni this summer when me and my dad and i asked if waterworld is leaving this year and she actauly said yes. so if anyone likes waterworld go see it before grinchmas probauly ends ( the date is just opinion but a possibilty.)
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^it just shucks such a good show that is ALWAYS pack has to leave.....they had other less busy area's in the park but used waterworld? Makes no sense

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by Alexshow View Post
    Well at my final day at uni this summer when me and my dad and i asked if waterworld is leaving this year and she actually said yes. so if anyone likes waterworld go see it before grinchmas probably ends ( the date is just opinion but a possibility.)
    oooooo, Who did you ask?? i've thought, for a while, that that area (along with the Gibson) is the perfect location for Potter! it really uses and expands an unused portion of the park! Everyone has been denyng that Waterworld will be replaced....its nice to hear some possible confirmation!

---------- Post added 08-10-2012 at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^it just shucks such a good show that is ALWAYS pack has to leave.....they had other less busy area's in the park but used waterworld? Makes no sense
    Against the revenue Potter will generate, replacing Waterworld is a no-brainer. Waterworld generates no revenue at all.

• Rookie Chatter

I'm also curious to know who you asked, because when I spoke to Greg and co. a few weeks ago they said the contract was renewed just a few months back, and that they were signed on for another 3 years. I know it's old and kind of cheesy but I really don't want to see this show go, I love it so much. It may not generate any revenue but it's still the #1 stunt show in America, and for good reason. But financially, yeah, removing it for Potter space makes way more sense...
    "I'm the ghost with the most, babe." - Beetlejuice

"The future is what you make it - so make it a good one." - Back to the Future

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Betty Juice View Post
    I'm also curious to know who you asked, because when I spoke to Greg and co. a few weeks ago they said the contract was renewed just a few months back, and that they were signed on for another 3 years. I know it's old and kind of cheesy but I really don't want to see this show go, I love it so much. It may not generate any revenue but it's still the #1 stunt show in America, and for good reason. But financially, yeah, removing it for Potter space makes way more sense...
    Greg and co.?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast