Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood HHN Tickets on Sale

Ya I read that too. Would I spend $500 for the day and night with VIP experience? Honestly NO way. I might get the front of the line pass but that would be the maximum I'd spend. I really don't in my opinion think its worth it to spend that much money.

I really wish Universal would think a little like Knott's. The more mazes and shows and attractions open the less crowds all in one spot. Plus I HATE going thru a maze in a conga line. I've been to quite a few attractions where it is just the group I'm I'm going thru a maze and you do NOT see anyone else plus they are on par or even better than Universal. So much so one actually made me cry with the scariness factor. If Universal had more offerings and lowered the capacity (I'd gladly pay more with less crowds). I wouldn't think twice about going.
    Heck even looking forward to Knott's VIP maze which is an up charge. They're keeping details hush hush so I guess we will know how good or bad it is come Sept 21st.

Im heading into this years Halloween events with an open mind. The past few years Universal has come out on top for me maybe because it's a movie studio and their Horror Nights have surpassed Knott's even but this year I'm beginning to wonder.

It was a painful decision but, whatever, when am I going to be in Orlando or Hollywood again in October. Might as well do it big. We're also spening 2 nights at the Hilton in Universal City. That entire Universal stay is costing almost as much as our 6 days at Disneyland.

I suppose when I get back home and have to suffer through the lame and overpriced Halloween events where I live, I'll be happy I spent the money.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningStroller View Post
    I just called Universal in regards to the VIP tickets that just went on sale. We will be in LA from New Hampshire and our last day (Sept 21st) was going to be at Universal, so my question was what a day/night VIP pass would cost. The response was that I will be paying $238 each for my wife and I for a daytime pass and a VIP HHN pass. I was told I needed to secure my $99 day/night combo for that day, and they took my name/phone/e-mail and put me on a list and once the system had the availability to upgrade they would contact me. It seemed a little odd, but the person on the phone was so fluid, it made it seem commonplace. Having lived in LA and also central Florida and having annual passes to all parks, it pains me to spend $500 for two people for one day a Universal. Sweet Jesus, please be worth it, my wife will never agree to a theme park vacation again.
    i really hope you know that the reason for that high price tag is for the daytime VIP experence. that is the one where you get to walk around on the backlot and is an additional 200 bucks off the 80 dollar general admission. if you want just to do the night time RIP that would probably save you some cash

• Minion

I went last year for the first time and did the front of the line pass and had a great time! The lines were long so I ended up buying to pass this year again. I like having the option to taking my time and I don't really need to do any mazes twice.
    Jeff Wayne

• Functional & Decorative

Actually, I have a question regarding parking--not sure if anyone else can help.

I have a regular annual pass that includes parking. But you can only park for free if an hour before regular box office hours close. So if the regular park closes as 6, which I think it does on HHN nights, you'd need to park before 5.

So here's my question. If I went up to the park during the day and got my parking pass, is it still good if I return to HHN later that same night?

For the record, I've asked this of a few employees, and they say it should. But they said it with hesitation, as if they didn't really know. I've never actually tried it; would it work? Can you reenter parking, either regularly or for HHN?
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

It should be....I mean at Disneyland you can return anytime as long as the parking ticket is good for that day......so I would assume Universal is the same

• Functional & Decorative

Not necessarily. At SFMM, you can only reenter once. And at Knott's, there is no reentry with parking at all--if you leave and come back, you have to pay again.

I would sort of assume on a regular day, you could probably leave and come back with the same parking tag (although not that I've tried it), but since HHN is a special event, I wasn't as sure it'd still apply.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^yeah then...I'd call to make sure

(also screw Knotts parking...cost 20 bucks..and you cant re enter? just wow)

Has anyone parked at the Metro Parking for HHN? I park there about once a month for a regular day at Universal and have never had a problem.. I am more hesitant to park there getting back to my car at 2am or later.. I would die if it gets towed! I would add parking to my pass but I will be going to HHN about 10 times this season and it would not even be valid after 5pm.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123