a idea for the simpsons ride replacement

One film that is pretty good and mabyefor the first time the film would be stopmotion for a simulatior and one name fits the bill...
    Paranorman. and why well I saw it yesterday and wow! I thought this would be good for a ride. and mabye the ride has stop motion all the way and you save blithe hollow from the witch.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

• Singing Drinker

Re: a idea for the simpsons ride replacement

I have a feeling that if they *ever* take the Simpsons ride down, it will be to replace it completely with a new ride experience rather than another 3D movie simulator. It's a big footprint and they've reengineered that section of the park repeatedly in the past, and I don't think they'd be happy replacing the Simpsons with something that doesn't have a higher per-hour throughput. Unless they replace it with a Harry Potter or some similar pre-existing brand - at that point you're talking about something that'd make simply recycling a fairly old ride platform into a profitable experience.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    I have a feeling that if they *ever* take the Simpsons ride down, it will be to replace it completely with a new ride experience rather than another 3D movie simulator. It's a big footprint and they've reengineered that section of the park repeatedly in the past, and I don't think they'd be happy replacing the Simpsons with something that doesn't have a higher per-hour throughput. Unless they replace it with a Harry Potter or some similar pre-existing brand - at that point you're talking about something that'd make simply recycling a fairly old ride platform into a profitable experience.
    I agree. When a replacement does come in 10 years... it will be a complete removal of that ride system.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I agree. When a replacement does come in 10 years... it will be a complete removal of that ride system.
    While I do agree, who really knows with Universal... Hanna-Barbera, Jimmy Neutron and now Despicable Me. I know we are more pressed for space here and I don't doubt/know this will never happen, but I think it is worth pointing out that Uni is willing to continuously recycle systems.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Team Hail HYDRA

it is cheaper to use the old system to the end of its life time than get a new system
    its all about the money

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

As cool as it would be....I don't see the Simpson ride going down for a while, it always has a line when I go

Would not mind the Curios George area being take down for a Parnorman Interactive ride like the Monsters Inc ride in Tokyo

• Team Hail HYDRA

that would be cool and thats from the play area's biggest fan

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    As cool as it would be....I don't see the Simpson ride going down for a while, it always has a line when I go

Would not mind the Curios George area being take down for a Parnorman Interactive ride like the Monsters Inc ride in Tokyo
    Curious George will probably be removed for Potter, if Potter goes into the Gibson area.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

It looks like Universal might be building a whole Spirngfield area around the ride here in Florida... So I think this has 10 more years at least.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• former CM

I saw ParaNorman yesterday. I liked it, but I don't think it's a classic. It seemed about as good as "Monster House," but not as excellent as "Coraline," in my opinion.

I'd go with "How to Train Your Dragon."

But the Simpsons is STILL on TV, and they've got that store with lots of cools stuff, though those are among the most overpriced T-shirts in America outside of Ann Romney's closet.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 09-09-2012 at 05:52 PM.

The Simpsons Ride is indeed very popular, and ParaNorman will be all but forgotten by the time the end of its life comes around in ten or so years. (BTTF lasted 14, and that was surprisingly brief)

But I agree, once it's gone, the ride system will undoubtedly be removed for something entirely different.