Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Employee night!

Employee night!

well tonight is hhn's night where some people get the chance to go in the event for a privew and by that is i mean that the park is ablut closed by now so i hope we see a lot of photos and videos tommorow and Party on!
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Emlpolye night!

I don't know if Pics...are allowed could be wrong but I think they are going to tell you if a video gets out you could lose your job

Preview Night was awesome...that is all!
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Can't wait! Knotts Scary Farm this Friday and Universal Horror Night next Friday Sept 28th.

How was Bill and Ted? did they have the gangnam style song in their finale?

Did they mention anything about video recording in Bill and Ted?
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    Preview Night was awesome...that is all!
    Was Universal Monsters a good enough overlay to be considered a maze in its own now?

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Employee night!

Employee night was fun. There were pictures allowed but I didn't take any. Sorry.

The Universal Monsters maze was probably the best version of a HHN maze they've done in that location, but that's not really saying much.

I think our favorite maze was Alice Cooper Goes to Hell 3D.

Also have to remember, it was a preview night and things will likely improve.

This was the first year I thoroughly enjoyed Bill and Ted.

I agree with Gregg. Favorite maze was Alice Cooper Goes To Hell but I did like Silent Hill. Bill and Ted's was better this year in my opinion. I'm really hoping they tweak most of the mazes. My biggest beef I always seem to have is the timing and the fact that you go thru the mazes conga like style so hence the scares are a lot of the times directed at someone else. I guess that's why I find it such a let down.

Also it was a preview so John Murdy even tweeted things need to be tweaked before Friday. They just rushed to finish before last night. Will be interesting to go back and see what has changed. To me Texas Chainsaw was a let down as well as Walking Dead maze BUT that's just me. Universal House Of Horrors was good (only difference was more monsters and music) other than that it's the same as previous years.

• Circle of Ancients

I REALLY wanted to LOVE Walking Dead. It's such an awesome series and the maze looked great. I wish I was going to get a chance to go through the mazes again but I'm so happy I got to go last night.

I'm looking forward to hearing people's thoughts after Friday night.

i dont know about you guys, but every time i hit a maze up they let us in 5 at a time. i was in the front for Silent Hill and when i got to the park inside where it was just fog, it got to me. it was amazing.

this year there will be many guests thinking a walker is their friend or something and they will be in for a surprise haha

I agree Gregg about the Walking Dead maze. I was looking forward to that maze even though I've ony seen one episode of the show so far. Anyways I think it will be much better our next visit. I think part of the problem is that people would always seem to stop and take picture or film inside the maze. This happened at anther maze we went thru so that "killed" any suspense as well.

Silent Hill in my opinion was really well done between the detail and the effects it is a maze you want to take your time going thru. I think that with Alice why I liked it so much was I definitely took time in each room to really check out as much as I could.

Granted that this was a preview and things were not 100% ready. My opinion they really need to either push back the date or else make sure it's all ready. I'm glad it was a preview and free. Otherwise I could see people getting upset.

I also want to take pictures on my next visit as well. And to enjoy more than last night.

I only got a chance to do Alice Cooper, La Llorna, Universal Monsters Dupstep and Bill & Ted. (really wanted to do the terror tram but alas,)...

Alice Cooper was the best of the bunch that I saw; La Llorna had a great atmosphere; UMD was okay, probably the most they could do with that maze... and Bill & Ted? I think the Hanging at Knott's always puts on a production that has more bite to it. (probably because Universal, as a major conglomerate, likes to keep it a little safer) Still fun, and yes Gangnam style is in there, and most likely the best part.

Think Universal Monsters was good. Likei said other than the soundtrack and tons of monsters in there compared to it regularly it was an improvement. What I don't get is it is closed during the day for regular park guests (supposedly because of the over lay for Horror Nights) but after last night it's like nothing special as far as effects or letting it be open for regular park guests during the day as far as I can see.

Alice Copper for me was more visual than spooky. It has so much detail in each room that I found myself more immersed in that than the scariness. Not that is a bad thing because I think that's what makes a great maze. I found the others to "lack" a lot of detail, being submersed in each maze and storyline.

To me it was like each maze has something special to offer BUT going thru each one was just let down after letdown other than Alice Cooper and me getti a great scare in Silent Hill.

Bill and Ted I thought was a tad long as far as a show goes. The Hanging at Knott's is much shorter. I felt Bill and Ted's did drag on a bit too long at times but I found the show to actually surpass the Hanging. There again my opinion.

La Llorona to me last year was much better. There again I guess that the majority if the scares were done to the people ahead of me and I feel that is something Universal needs to work on. But I understand the have to allow so many thru at once so it's a continuous line going thru the mazes.

Terror Tram for me was good. I guess the positive aspect was the fact of the "walkers"/"zombies" they really made it for me more so than the actual maze. Let's hope they can continue this assault on their victims/guests. I feel that so much more could have been done or could be done with Terror Tram. It is usually the low point of Horror Nights for me.

• Circle of Ancients

Typically I like the Hanging much better than Bill and Ted, but that could also be because I generally see The Hanging first and this year I saw B&T first. They are after-all very similar type shows where they will parody popular culture and let's face it, there is only so much of it to go around. So if you saw Bill and Ted, or have seen any spoilers from it, chances are the same things will be parodied at Knott's.

Overall I've always felt B&T to be much more raunchy than The Hanging. B&T they will say $*** and things like that, The Hanging will generally bleep that word out.

Not to spoil anything but there is one "Audience Participation" moment and if you know the song from a particular movie with a talking bear you will indeed hear the "F Word". Probably my personal favorite moment from the show.

Both shows will probably be remarkably similar as both have their plots geared around a certain big movie this year... and good for it I guess. At least the through-line of the plot is very, very simple which makes for a better clothesline to hang jokes and scenes upon. Usually these shows are a pretty jumbled mess (like 2011), and it never matters... so I'm impressed that they made an attempt at doing some decent storytelling this time around.

Something that Knott's does, and Universal never is kick the nuts of the competition, theme park-wise. I'm excited what the Hanging has to say about Cars Land... and possibly Transformers?

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Great reviews guys.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast