Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T2:3d

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: T2:3d

So open by next summer makes sense. 2 summers of Transformers, and then the new Despicable Me (open just in time for the sequel) with play area, just as the other side of the park goes under the knife.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

No! No God please no! No! No! NOOOOOOO!!!

What a travesty and tragedy if they are gunna close T2:3D. Even worse if they're going to replace it with Despicable Me. God, what a disgusting dissapointment! What's next?! The destruction of the beloved E.T. in Orlando?!

• former CM

We saw this Terminator attraction on Saturday. Everything about it was excellent,
    except that I wanted to warn Sara Connor, "Don't trust him! He'll cheat on you then write a book about it and even keep the profits from this book."

But I suggest that everyone catch this excellent attraction before it goes away.

As the corporate hostess of this attraction says: Suuuuuper!

Quote Originally Posted by DoomsdayFAN View Post

What a travesty and tragedy if they are gunna close T2:3D. Even worse if they're going to replace it with Despicable Me. God, what a disgusting dissapointment! What's next?! The destruction of the beloved E.T. in Orlando?!

No, your ET must stay, with your and Terminator.

We who live near the original Universal Studios look forward to crossing our continent to your
    Orlando parks where we can reunite with our beloved dead attractions.
    Please keep Twister too, thought my next visit. Thanks.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 10-17-2012 at 06:12 AM.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Finally!

wow to whoever had the guts to post that employee question of the week... lol

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TSTLSOOM View Post
    wow to whoever had the guts to post that employee question of the week... lol
    Yup. I was thinking the same thing. apparently someone thinks they can be anonymous over the Internet.

Oh calm down. It isn't the end of the world.

Anyway, I personally think Despicable Me is one of the better attractions they've opened in recent years (I prefer it over Simpsons.) I wouldn't have cared if it had replaced our T2. Then again, I've never cared much for T2. Certain aspects of it are seriously outdated. Especially the pre-show. I'm still hoping they have a replacement lined up for ours.

• Hello Dolly.

Yay. About time the ride has been there for way too long.

I'll have good memories of it though

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Sad about the loss, but am glad that I went one last time this past summer. It's one of those signature attractions that define it as Universal, I'm also glad a new family attraction is coming over to replace the soon closed children's area. Since it's rumored that the current Children's Area is going under the knife, does that mean the Curious George Parking level is getting changed too?

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

It (Hollywood Despicable Me) is not opening in the Summer of 2013. In Florida, "Jimmy Neurton" ran until August 18, 2011, with "Despicable" opening the Following July 2nd. There is now way that something that took over 9 months in Florida is going to happen in under 6 months in California. They do have the advantage now in that the film elements already exist, but a huge disadvantage in not already having the basic ride system already in the building.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

The show is good....but for most people..3D shows are only good...for so long

Its been there like 2o years...I'm glad something new is coming

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    It (Hollywood Despicable Me) is not opening in the Summer of 2013. In Florida, "Jimmy Neurton" ran until August 18, 2011, with "Despicable" opening the Following July 2nd. There is now way that something that took over 9 months in Florida is going to happen in under 6 months in California. They do have the advantage now in that the film elements already exist, but a huge disadvantage in not already having the basic ride system already in the building.
    I agree. I think Summer of 2014 is more realistic.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• HYDRA

or winter 2013
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

•   
    • Banned User

I loved T2:3D, I will miss it, but I will welcome something new.

.....I'm just not sure that Despicable Me is up to the task. Was it that popular? Even a box office failure like Waterworld was more popular just because of all the jokes people made about what an over budget movie it was. Despicable Me just seems kind of... Flat.

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I agree. I think Summer of 2014 is more realistic.
    Also, in 2014, they are supposed to be releasing an entire movie that will be mainly about the minions, where they may be interacting with live- action characters, ala "The Smurfs". That synergy and timing sounds a little more realistic .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast