Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• "What is thy bidding?"

Re: Trip Report! Warning! Strong Opinions ahead!

Beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path of Mice Chat squabbles, forever will it dominate your destiny.

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by Exprmnt626 View Post
    So, it sounds from the tone of your post that you were determined to have a bad time. Did you actually enjoy any of your experience there? I'd be really curious to know which parts of the park you liked.

Secondly, you just walked up to a total stranger and dumped water on him because you don't like smoking? Is that what this society has come to? There are ways of handling yourself and your emotions in regards to others that shouldn't happen in a polite, civilized society, and that was one of them.
    I felt the same way & had the same thoughts.

I have a great time at Universal, sucks you didn't. Most problem with other theme parks in that area is if you're used to Disney, you're always expecting Disney level. Most go into other themeparks with an already negative attitude & will be the first to nitpick over the littlest garbage or employees.

I'm sure if I brought someone who barely enjoys Disney, they would feel the employees are rude & the park was dirty too (like Space Mountain queue with those dirty lights). From my experience, I've never really had a problem at any So-Cal theme park, actually saw more fights at Disneyland than any other.

After reading your opinions, I really feel you weren't looking for a great time. There are signs all over the park, the food honestly isn't any better than Disney, & the cigarette thing was just crazy. Things like ride rehabs could have easily had happened at Disney or elsewhere, especially if you're unprepared yourself. Also if you're disappointed about how dirty the park was then wouldn't you be happy they are cleaning up their rides?

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Goofy View Post
    Beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path of Mice Chat squabbles, forever will it dominate your destiny.
    For once I voiced my opinion and for a time existed where I could not post.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

• Not here to help

Universal Studios in Orlando is even worse. But Islands Of Adventure is amazing. Better than any WDW park even if it has it faults.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Universal Studios in Orlando is even worse. But Islands Of Adventure is amazing. Better than any WDW park even if it has it faults.
    Oh TimmyTimmyTimmy.... just wait until after this whole batch of construction is over... USF will be a glistening gem in the theme park world!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    Oh, yeah, Jurassic Park was closed. I know I didn’t plan as well for this park as I did for DLR but I was on the different web sites often enough to have found out about a ride closure. They simply didn’t broadcast the closure well enough. One ride we know we would have enjoyed, making it 4 for the park, and it was closed. When you have so few attractions I can see why you wouldn’t discourage someone from coming by letting them know a ride was down. We still would have gone but we would have been less disappointed.
    Ride closures happen. Being a frequent Disneyland visitor you should know all about that. It's possible it went down while you were at the park?

Anyway, I wanted the pizza hut pizza. There really isn’t much good food in this park IMHO and that was the one thing I was counting on. Well, it was closed. I was too hungry to go up the 4 escalators again to go to the other PH place so I just got Chinese food. It was OK but not what I wanted.
    Have you ever been to CityWalk? There are dozens of food places there. They even have a Tommy's!

Another negative about this park. Their employees. They aren’t nice. They aren’t necessarily rude but they don’t go out of their way to have a smile on their faces.
    While we are all spoiled with Disneyland's above and beyond customer service, it's not fair to knock Universal's team for the one or two bad experiences you had.

I went over to the man and dumped my water on his cigar. I was outraged and obviously shouldn’t have done that and I obviously felt bad about it after but I felt I had no other choice at the time.
    This is ridiculous. So much so that I'm questioning if there is even truth behind the statement. I don't smoke, but if someone walked up to me and dumped water on my cigarette/cigar before I was done I would be 100% very very angry. That is like someone walking up to you and taking a half empty beer out of your hand and throwing it away because they don't like alcohol.

What was the reaction of the victim here?

Haven’t we all had family members with lung cancer or some other cancer caused by tobacco?! In the past when the companies made it look cool, or whatever and the effects weren’t as widely know, even with doctors pushing them in advertisements I can see why people started. Now, it’s basically a death sentence, so why would anyone in their right mind start?
    It's a choice, simple as that.

• Banned User

This is ridiculous. So much so that I'm questioning if there is even truth behind the statement. I don't smoke, but if someone walked up to me and dumped water on my cigarette/cigar before I was done I would be 100% very very angry. That is like someone walking up to you and taking a half empty beer out of your hand and throwing it away because they don't like alcohol.

What was the reaction of the victim here?
    "Victim"? Hardly. He knew he wasn't supposed to be smoking there, and still inflicted his godawful (cigar smoke is the worst) air pollution on everyone. Universal needs to start actually enforcing their anti-smoking policies.

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    "Victim"? Hardly. He knew he wasn't supposed to be smoking there, and still inflicted his godawful (cigar smoke is the worst) air pollution on everyone. Universal needs to start actually enforcing their anti-smoking policies.
    Call it what you want, but if this guy truly did throw water at the smoker, then yes, the smoker is a victim of 242 of the California Penal Code. The OP should have been arrested and given the phrase we give all visiting arrestees, "Came to L.A. on vacation, went home on probation."
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    Yes, "victim". Who is to say he didn't know where the smoking section was? Or if there even was one at all? If you were minding your own business and someone came up to you and dumped water on your cigarette or cigar, that is completely uncalled for. You would be the victim in that situation.

From Merriam-Webster:
    Victim: One that is subjected to oppression, hardship, or mistreatment
    If anything, the OP should have found management, reported the careless employee and had management deal with the smoker if it bothered them that bad. They should not have even approached the other guest at all.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Can we let this thread die please!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12