universal area doesn't want pyro

This is a interesting that perplexes me on the subject that universal can't have pyro but heres a better question Why does disney have the right to have pyro for shows. disneyland resort has homes, hotels near the park but why can't that area accept that they are being a little selfish here as universal should atleast have right to doing pyro effects.
    Last edited by SusieP.; 12-19-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: removed expletive
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

• Minion

Re: universal area doesn't want pyro

USH does do low level pyro for special events but we're probably are never going to see the big stuff Disney has. From a logistical standpoint, there is nowhere to launch from. Because of the way the theme park, CityWalk and the backstage areas are laid out, shooting large scale pyro would close off large sections of guest areas. Even if an area could be found, there is the issue of light, sound and smoke pollution affecting production in the Studio portions of the property which film nearly 24/7/365. The sound pollution also affects the hundreds of neighbors whose homes are built into the hills surrounding the property that would be at ear level with each exploding shell's sound wave. There is also the issue of fire danger. We all know how flammable Universal City seems to be (there was a fire that gutted two buildings on the property earlier this year alone). It doesn't help that most of the undeveloped areas of the property are large areas of brush, trees and plants.

Pyro as in fireworks?

Well you can thank the Studio Backlot and the "not in my backyard" millionaires that surround the property.

• HYDRA

F!AN,
    the fire this year,was that the old technecolor factory??
    what happened to the site?
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• I am not a Krusty Krab

disneyland was doing pyro before those homes were there so thats why! if people live near there and complain they should have thought about that before they moved near a resort that has NIGHTLY fireworks

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    F!AN,
    the fire this year,was that the old technecolor factory??
    what happened to the site?
    Yeah the fire this year was the old technicolor buildings. Both buildings were torn down and now 2 new buildings are being built in the same spot. Before the fire the buildings were gutted and slated for demolition anyways so the fire just helped it along.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Alexshow View Post
    This is a interesting that perplexes me on the subject that universal can't have pyro but heres a better question Why does disney have the right to have pyro for shows. disneyland resort has homes, hotels near the park but why can't that area accept that they are being a little selfish here as universal should atleast have right to doing pyro effects.
    You have to remember, Universal is a working studio first and foremost. There are so many factors involved in why they cannot launch Disneyland-scale fireworks every night - and F!an summed all the ones I could think of up.

Also, as far as I know there is no "ownership" when it comes to pyrotechnics. Your post makes it seem like Disneyland bought the rights to all fireworks and won't let any other theme park in the area use them. It's about city codes, the surrounding area and neighborhoods, and most importantly safety - among other things.

Not to mention what is the latest Universal closes (excluding HHN) like 5 on the weekdays? 8 on a weekend? It's not even dark enough by the end of the day for them to even do anything if they wanted to.
    Last edited by SusieP.; 12-19-2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: removed expletive from OP quote

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    You have to remember, Universal is a working studio first and foremost. There are so many factors involved in why they cannot launch Disneyland-scale fireworks every night - and F!an summed all the ones I could think of up.

Also, as far as I know there is no "ownership" when it comes to pyrotechnics. Your post makes it seem like Disneyland bought the rights to all fireworks and won't let any other theme park in the area use them. It's about city codes, the surrounding area and neighborhoods, and most importantly safety - among other things.

Not to mention what is the latest Universal closes (excluding HHN) like 5 on the weekdays? 8 on a weekend? It's not even dark enough by the end of the day for them to even do anything if they wanted to.
    The majority of the summer Universal was open from 8am - 10pm with Transformers opening at 7:30am and closing at 11pm.

It was a extremely busy summer for Universal and once Potter opens it wouldn't surprise me to see the park remain open until midnight on a nightly basis.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    The majority of the summer Universal was open from 8am - 10pm with Transformers opening at 7:30am and closing at 11pm.

It was a extremely busy summer for Universal and once Potter opens it wouldn't surprise me to see the park remain open until midnight on a nightly basis.
    Doesn't change the fact that they are a real working studio, and cannot launch fireworks at will like Disneyland.
    Last edited by explodingboy; 12-17-2012 at 09:58 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

You are all more than welcome to come out to Sunny Florida, and enjoy the amazing firework Display that Universal Orlando does every night out here!

It is simply INCREDIBLE!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    You are all more than welcome to come out to Sunny Florida, and enjoy the amazing firework Display that Universal Orlando does every night out here!
    Sunny Florida??? I went twice in the past 3 years it was very humid and sticky and rains 8 out of the 10 days and 7 out of 9 days. For me SoCal has one of the best sunny weather in the U.S. But I know you guys have no rain between winter and the spring season but it's still sticky though.

We went to USO this past summer and didn't get to see the new show cause they kicked out all the tourists at 5PM so the special guests can party and have their own private showing of Universal's Cinematic Spectacular.
    Last edited by SoCalbma; 12-17-2012 at 04:31 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Well heres a idea mabye with the rumored golf course purchase mabye pyro could happen if the golf course is purchased
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.