Warner Brothers Studio

I know, wrong section, but they didn't have a Warner Brothers studio section (mods, please move as necessary).

Ok, I have a problem... I'm a solo traveler, and am going to WB studios for a tour on January 8th. The tour ends at noon, and I have standby tickets for The Big Bang theory taping later that night. Because they are standby tickets, I was told to get in, I basically have to be in line around noon to 1pm to get a chance to get in at 4:30. That is fine, since I will be on the property at that time anyways due to my tour...

The problem is, I will definitely want my camera for the tour (iphone camera), but cameras are not allowed to the taping of the Big Bang Theory. Hotel is a $20 cab ride each direction, plus the time it would take me to go there, drop it off and get back, with hopes of being at the front of the line (and losing $40 in cab fare).

So what do I do with my camera/phone? Will security simply take it away from me and allow me to pick it up after the show? There are two metal detectors going into the taping, so there is no chance of sneaking it in. Are there any storage lockers on the property? Any other suggestions? I have no idea what to do The big bang theory taping is the main reason I'm going, so skipping that isn't an option. Thanks in advance for the advice/suggestions/ideas.

• Not on the Jedi Council

Re: Warner Brothers Studio

I would suggest calling the Tours people and see if there's some arrangement they can make, since I doubt you'd be the first person in that situation.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJ View Post
    I would suggest calling the Tours people and see if there's some arrangement they can make, since I doubt you'd be the first person in that situation.
    Absolutely this. Give them a call, and see what they can do for you. I am sure there is an alternative.

Off topic sidenote: Does anyone know if Fox Studios gives tours?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Helmig View Post
    I know, wrong section, but they didn't have a Warner Brothers studio section (mods, please move as necessary). Ok, I have a problem... I'm a solo traveler, and am going to WB studios for a tour on January 8th. The tour ends at noon, and I have standby tickets for The Big Bang theory taping later that night. Because they are standby tickets, I was told to get in, I basically have to be in line around noon to 1pm to get a chance to get in at 4:30. That is fine, since I will be on the property at that time anyways due to my tour... The problem is, I will definitely want my camera for the tour (iphone camera), but cameras are not allowed to the taping of the Big Bang Theory. Hotel is a $20 cab ride each direction, plus the time it would take me to go there, drop it off and get back, with hopes of being at the front of the line (and losing $40 in cab fare). So what do I do with my camera/phone? Will security simply take it away from me and allow me to pick it up after the show? There are two metal detectors going into the taping, so there is no chance of sneaking it in. Are there any storage lockers on the property? Any other suggestions? I have no idea what to do The big bang theory taping is the main reason I'm going, so skipping that isn't an option. Thanks in advance for the advice/suggestions/ideas.
    Not that I would recommend to see a taping there (but we couldn't get BBT tickets to see it after our WB tour) but at CBS Studio City (not the legendary television city) they collected all phones, regardless of cameras or not and came around with a bag to return them at the end of the taping. Not that I liked it, or I recommend it as a practice, but other studios do collect and hold phones when they ban them from tapings.

I used to be a tour guide at WB. From all tapings that I attended, security will first ask you to return your phone, but if you can't do that they will hold on to it for you.

I don't believe that there are any lockers that aren't for employees, but maybe I haven't seen them before.

Also, just something to keep in mind: the tour starts/ends at in a totally different area than where you line up for tapings. There are two gates that you might have to go to and they are both completely across the lot. Make sure you know that gate you need to go to for the taping and ask a guide or someone in the tour office and they will tell you where to go. Just walk on the sidewalk along the lot and you'll get to where you need to be, it just might be a bit of a long walk.

Quote Originally Posted by DL Lover in LA View Post
    I used to be a tour guide at WB. From all tapings that I attended, security will first ask you to return your phone, but if you can't do that they will hold on to it for you.

I don't believe that there are any lockers that aren't for employees, but maybe I haven't seen them before.

Also, just something to keep in mind: the tour starts/ends at in a totally different area than where you line up for tapings. There are two gates that you might have to go to and they are both completely across the lot. Make sure you know that gate you need to go to for the taping and ask a guide or someone in the tour office and they will tell you where to go. Just walk on the sidewalk along the lot and you'll get to where you need to be, it just might be a bit of a long walk.
    Thanks for the info. I did talk to the studio, and they couldn't really give me a solid answer. They said security does not have facilities to store personal items, but they MAY hold on to my phone for pickup afterwards, but they told me to be prepared if they refuse to do so... so I guess I'll just have to chance it and possibly miss the taping if it comes down to that.

I've never been to the studio before, but looking at Google maps, the walk from the tour area to the gate doesn't look to bad... even though the person I talked to at the studio also told me it wasn't a feasible walking distance. It is Gate 8 if that helps, since you were a former tour guide. According to Google maps, it says it's about a half a mile walk from the tour area to Gate 8... not sure why they said that isn't a feasible walking distance... but I'm pretty sure it will be fine. Tour ends at noon, figure a half hour walk (at the most) to gate 8... that puts me hopefully as one of the first in line for my 6:30pm standby line for the taping (they start checking people in at 4:30 pm, and probably get to the standby line around 5:30 or 6 I would think). Yeah, a 5-6 hour line is going to suck, but where I only have a standby ticket, I think it's my only shot at getting in.

It's totally a doable walking distance. Gate 8 is not as bad as gate 3. You might have to go a bit out of the way to get there, but I think you can walk over to California and take that to Forrest Lawn. Otherwise you would have to walk around the entire lot to get to the other side.

And I know that we all want to follow the rules, but there have been times where my phone was off and in my pocket and I forgot to leave it in my car. If they don't see it on you, sometimes you end up bringing it in with you (and I'm not saying to break the rules, but I know that I've done it on accident before).

Quote Originally Posted by DL Lover in LA View Post
    It's totally a doable walking distance. Gate 8 is not as bad as gate 3. You might have to go a bit out of the way to get there, but I think you can walk over to California and take that to Forrest Lawn. Otherwise you would have to walk around the entire lot to get to the other side.

And I know that we all want to follow the rules, but there have been times where my phone was off and in my pocket and I forgot to leave it in my car. If they don't see it on you, sometimes you end up bringing it in with you (and I'm not saying to break the rules, but I know that I've done it on accident before).
    Cool, thanks. I've got the iPhone 5 though (aluminum body), and I heard you pass through two metal detectors, lol, so I don't think that I can "accidentally" forget it in my pocket without it being discovered

Any tips on getting cast member signatures? I heard sometimes a few of them will sign afterwards... really wanting Jim Parsons (Sheldon) to sign something, but I heard he almost never stays after to sign after the tapings.

I've never tried to get signatures from any cast members at tapings. But if you try to leave slowly and hang out at the front of the audience area (in the bleachers by the railing), that's where I think you'd have the best chance. But the pages and security might be trying to rush everyone out so the actors can leave in peace.