Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: USH Behind Walls, 1/9/13

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    WWW= Wild Wild West. Its the former stunt show theater in the middle of the upper lot. It was home to Grinchmas Tree Lighting this year and is currently surrounded by construction walls and rumored to be replaced with a "central park" and a small stage show and food outlet location.
    The stage won't be for a set show, it'll be basically used for anything. And of course the area will be customizable for next Grinchmas, although it won't be as comfy and easy with the towering bleachers.

I'm not sure what the food service location will be. I hope it's something new, which the park could desperately use.

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    I thought the Coke Soak was being rethemed to a Minions water play area to match the Despicable Me attraction nearby?
    First time I heard water involved with the play area but seeing as how Universal has a thing for water, it wouldn't surprise me.

• Sultan of Swing

They do have a thing for water haha.

Oh I thought it was called the Wild West Arena/Area
    Always read the fine print.

Everyday I go in to work at Carnival, it feels like the work walls creep closer and closer.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

Quote Originally Posted by GapToothed View Post
    It really is amazing how small USH is!
    You do know that the satellite photo that flan posted only shows a small portion of the 415+ acre theme park/working studio/city walk/etc.? The signature tour, lower lot, even the Gibson Amphitheater where "Potter" may be going are not seen.

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    You do know that the satellite photo that flan posted only shows a small portion of the 415+ acre theme park/working studio/city walk/etc.? The signature tour, lower lot, even the Gibson Amphitheater where "Potter" may be going are not seen.
    lol your including alot of non theme park into that whole deal there. I think you both have a point I suppose. The complex itself is large but the theme park spacing is pretty tiny and the Tram Tour is what really makes the park viable. Everything else has always felt pretty awkwardly shoved in and is part of the reason why many people have been confused about space and were exactly Potter will fit in. Its just not a very theme park focused property.

The priority seems to clearly lie with the studio and the shopping area (granted since it is a studios first unlike the other Universal properties I completely understand why thats the case).
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    lol your including alot of non theme park into that whole deal there. I think you both have a point I suppose. The complex itself is large but the theme park spacing is pretty tiny and the Tram Tour is what really makes the park viable. Everything else has always felt pretty awkwardly shoved in and is part of the reason why many people have been confused about space and were exactly Potter will fit in. Its just not a very theme park focused property.

The priority seems to clearly lie with the studio and the shopping area (granted since it is a studios first unlike the other Universal properties I completely understand why thats the case).
    The photo I posted represents approx 1/2 of the upper lot. The theme park proper is about four times the area in the picture not including things like the Starway and the Studio Tour depot/route.

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    The photo I posted represents approx 1/2 of the upper lot. The theme park proper is about four times the area in the picture not including things like the Starway and the Studio Tour depot/route.
    lol I'm aware, but I also feel the park is much smaller then a 415+ there is space but not much of it is buildable. The studio tour is one fun long attraction but it is effectively still a singular attraction and I wouldn't consider the stairway to be an attraction either its just sort of an oddity to the parks layout that slows down progression through the park (though it does have some nifty views).

Outside of maybe Knotts? USH is pretty small but I guess most of the Californian parks outside Magic Mountain arn't really known for large acreages. If someone wants to say that USH is small I'm not going to argue when compared to most other parks. I think even Singapore manages to pack more into a small footprint because it isn't half built over a mountainside.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

i was just saying that T2 is no longer an attraction. its not "closed" its gone foreverrrr

• Munchings & Crunchings

I love the Starway. The main reason was that when I used to work down there, they would close the lower lot earlier than the upper lot, just so guests and employees had time to get back up that hillside before the whole park closed. So, even if my shift ended at a set time, they always let us go up to half an hour early, just to navigate the Starway and get to wardrobe. Plus, I used to like working at JP and ET.

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post

Which is why he said..."theme park/working studio/citywalk/etc..." which means he mant the entire property and was not referring to just the theme park.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

• Minion

I'm going to stop by the park after work tomorrow to get some pics of the construction areas and see if anything has changed.

Comcast is really going after Disney's jugular. They are pouring TONS of $$$ into their theme parks and really doing it quickly. Must be making heads spin in Burbank a bit.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12