Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Singing Drinker

USH Behind Walls, 1/9/13

Just at USH for a few hours on Wednesday (1/9/13). SO much behind walls in the upper lot, more than I would have expected. The Wild West arena is still completely surrounded with the "new" construction walls, and there's heavy equipment back there (didn't get more of a view than the backhoe shovel over a wall). T2's continuous in walls themed to the areas they're wandering through - English storefronts on that side, French the other. This DOES give a fairly amusing shot of the "modern future" CyberGrill building/signage directly over a wall painted as a patisserie, which I count as bonus.

Construction is apparent in the backlot as well. Aside from the parking lot full of (and kinda sad general destruction of the area used for) Grinchmas, the tour also routed around a construction staging area full of pipes up in the rear end of the tour.

I'm a little alarmed at HOW MUCH of the upper lot's in flux. I'd seen and read the reports, but this is akin to the heaviest stages of DCA's remake - you really can't get away from something under construction in the upper lot right now.

It'll be worth it though
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Sultan of Swing

Re: USH Behind Walls, 1/9/13

Are there any attractions closed?
    Always read the fine print.

• Singing Drinker

T2 (obviously) and if you count it the "coke soak". Everything else was open (didn't see any kids running amok in the Curious George area, but didn't look very hard and it was cold and the park mostly empty). Didn't take in any shows, but saw showtimes for Waterworld posted and saw crowds entering/exiting the other venues.

Backlot routed us completely around NY street and surrounding areas, the guide said "Go On" was taping. There was also something going on around the JP Spitters / FaF "dancing cars" silliness that had us in quiet mode the entire time. Which I found both puzzling AND amusing. "Gunfire, explosions, loud music and amplified voices on the soundtrack? Hey, fine. WAIT, SOMEONE TELL THAT TOURGUIDE TO SHUT UP! THE NARRATION! OHGODTHENARRATION!!!!"

We also got routed through the old Ten Commandments/Skull Island attraction, which was nice. A little sad nostalgia moment remembering when the sides of the trench didn't look like they spent most of the year submerged in slime, but hey.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Sultan of Swing

Such a shame I remember that as a kid I thought it was cool. I guess it looks like it's really a part of Skull Islands see it Green then haha. I wonder what was going on.

• Minion

This is the current wall setup.

Name:  50ef89dbc6ba5d59d2000003.jpeg
Views: 462
Size:  234.1 KB

Anything within the Wild West Arena construction walls (including the Wild West Arena, itself) is demolished with the exception of the Hollywood Ticket Outlet. The HTO could very well be torn down overnight.

It really is amazing how small USH is! USH insiders, do any of you know how serious T2 damaged the parking structure when it opened? Was it just the floor directly underneath the attraction or worse?
    My Disney Adventure's vlogs!
    www.youtube.com/G74Vlogs

Episode 8: Bella Notte - Paradise Pier at night
    Episode 7: 45 years of hope and laughter
    Episode 6: Service and Sacrifice
    Episode 5: "Destination D Montage"
    Episode 4: "It's a Sklar World"

"I don't know matter, you don't matter
    Neither does this mindless chatter."
    -Pete Townshend

• Sultan of Swing

Hmm...So I take it the Coke Splash area is being Demolished it being touched up?

officially, T2 isnt "closed" it is no longer mentioned on the park map. HTO is getting a refurb, and i wish i knew what was going on at WWW

• Under that tree again!

Surprised? Am I the only one who went to DCA betwen 2009 and 2012?

• Sultan of Swing

@Swampymarsh No you are not.

@TSTLSOOM What do you mean that T2 isn't officially closed? What is WWW? Sorry haven't been to the Park in a while. Is it Water World Water Spectacular? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by BugSam101 View Post
    @Swampymarsh No you are not.

@TSTLSOOM What do you mean that T2 isn't officially closed? What is WWW? Sorry haven't been to the Park in a while. Is it Water World Water Spectacular? Probably not.
    WWW= Wild Wild West. Its the former stunt show theater in the middle of the upper lot. It was home to Grinchmas Tree Lighting this year and is currently surrounded by construction walls and rumored to be replaced with a "central park" and a small stage show and food outlet location.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I thought the Coke Soak was being rethemed to a Minions water play area to match the Despicable Me attraction nearby?

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    I'm a little alarmed at HOW MUCH of the upper lot's in flux. I'd seen and read the reports, but this is akin to the heaviest stages of DCA's remake - you really can't get away from something under construction in the upper lot right now.

It'll be worth it though
    Get ready, there's going to be even more walls in a few months
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    WWW= Wild Wild West. Its the former stunt show theater in the middle of the upper lot. It was home to Grinchmas Tree Lighting this year and is currently surrounded by construction walls and rumored to be replaced with a "central park" and a small stage show and food outlet location.
    Like USO's central park area? That would be nice.

• HYDRA

^yep
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast