Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Wait.....USH is going to have a FULL SIZED Hogwarts Castle????

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    But I feel like this is a wait and see. I remember after they announced the WWOHP here in Orlando, there were a lot of concepts that never made it off the drawing boards.
    Everything that was show in concept art was built in Orlando. I'm not sure what you are referring to, unless it has to do with online rumors created/spread by fans.

Quote Originally Posted by mainejeff View Post
    I doubt that you will see Flight of the Hippogriff. There will be no outdoor coasters. I'm going with a dark ride (not Gringotts!).
    It's cool if that's what you're going with, but in all respect, I wasn't speculating.

Turn your favorite Disney CM into your NEW favorite collectible souvenir!
    Fully customizable hair & eye color, gender and even your name on the nametag!

Contact Createamations for details, and don't forget to visit us on Facebook for more!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by createamations View Post
    Everything that was show in concept art was built in Orlando. I'm not sure what you are referring to, unless it has to do with online rumors created/spread by fans.

It's cool if that's what you're going with, but in all respect, I wasn't speculating.
    I am referring to things that were pitched before the concept art was released from people i know who were involved.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Minion

Hollywood's Potter has the potential to be flat out amazing, with the right people. What Universal needs to do is get these film makers/stage production people/make-up artists/etc. they have available here in California and really take Potter to the next level. The more I think about it, the more I want it be great.

I'm so proud of what Universal is doing in Florida and California. Keep up the great work, guys!
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

It is interesting Universal Creative here in Orlando right now has 3 Potter teams.

1. Potter Orlando Phase 2
    2. Potter Osaka
    3. Potter Hollywood

It is pretty incredible to see how all of this is moving forward at different speeds.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Hollywood's Potter has the potential to be flat out amazing, with the right people. What Universal needs to do is get these film makers/stage production people/make-up artists/etc. they have available here in California and really take Potter to the next level.
    Well, they actually already did that. Phase 1 at IOA was designed by some of the franchise's top people, lead by Stewart Craig. Honestly, the reason why Wizarding World is so fantastic is because it's basically not designed by Universal

Contact Createamations for details, and don't forget to visit us on Facebook for more!

• Singing Drinker

Not without *major* reconfiguring of the existing theme park it's not.
    You mean like the billion plus remake that's already made it past the local city council that remaps significant areas of the park BEFORE they start doing development for HP?

USH is likely holding their cards until Disney commits, much as Disney is likely holding their cards until USH commits. "I'll see your leak of Hogwarts with an Unofficial Imagineer Leak about Iron Man the Ride".

I kinda like it. The guessing game's part of the fun.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Under that tree again!

While I'm excited to see the Potter Expansions in both Orlando and Hollywood, they are causing me to worry.

Is Universal turing into a one trick pony? They are tearing out rides based on huge movie franchises to put in attractions based on a single big franchise. The parks may great for a while, but after that aweful.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    While I'm excited to see the Potter Expansions in both Orlando and Hollywood, they are causing me to worry.

Is Universal turing into a one trick pony? They are tearing out rides based on huge movie franchises to put in attractions based on a single big franchise. The parks may great for a while, but after that aweful.
    I have to say - if you're going to put all your eggs in one basket, at least they picked one heck of a nice basket.

• Singing Drinker

Mummy's not a movie ride. A large portion of what has gone into USO/IOA are not movies.

My *guess* would be that the USH focus on indoor attractions is in large part to assuage the VERY cranky (and in many cases wealthy) neighbors. Screams from a coaster are substantially less an issue if they're inside, and even Disney had to work around that issue for DCA (re: California Screamin). But in general, indoors the general industry trend seems to be moving from large footprint traditional rides to "movie experiences".

Even Disney's gone in big on the movie route - the Finding Nemo update was essentially a refurb that replaced substantial portions of the ride with... movie screens. Most of what DCA opened with was not what could be called "traditional" rides - all movies. In fact, unless I'm seriously misremembering, a good portion of the "new" rides Disney has opened in the last decade are all "movies".

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post

Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Minion

Well, they actually already did that. Phase 1 at IOA was designed by some of the franchise's top people, lead by Stewart Craig. Honestly, the reason why Wizarding World is so fantastic is because it's basically not designed by Universal
    That's awesome. I'm talking more about film making crews in general, not just people from the Harry Potter franchise.

If USH can get some of the top notch film making crews that are already here in Hollywood to put together Potter, it could be one heck of an addition to the park.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    That's awesome. I'm talking more about film making crews in general, not just people from the Harry Potter franchise.

If USH can get some of the top notch film making crews that are already here in Hollywood to put together Potter, it could be one heck of an addition to the park.
    Just don't get yourself TOO hyped up. It's going to be an awesome addition, but it's going to be extremely similar to what opened several years ago at IOA; not a new take. Not really re-energized. But to be honest in my opinion, I don't think Wizarding World needs much of a re-energizing. It's wonderfully done as is -and that's what USH will have soon.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Just don't get yourself TOO hyped up. It's going to be an awesome addition, but it's going to be extremely similar to what opened several years ago at IOA; not a new take. Not really re-energized. But to be honest in my opinion, I don't think Wizarding World needs much of a re-energizing. It's wonderfully done as is -and that's what USH will have soon.
    I didnt think it was going to be a reimagining of the original WWOHP, What it sounds more like is HP+, everything that makes the original great...PLUS, and I'm totally fine with that
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

It sounds interesting, but may I point out that Mr. Hill's track record is far from impressive i.e. his claim that Disney's Hollywood Studios would be getting a Nightmare Before Christmas Halloween party with mazes, characters and projections on the Hollywood Tower Hotel facade among other things, so I would take anything he claims with a five pound grain of salt.

The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Although, getting somethng wrong once in a while doesn't mean all that much, what is Jim Hill's wrong prediction to right prediction ratio? You are totally right, though, all this should be considered rumor until an official announcement.

I guess we'll find out in a few weeks when they (hopefully) make the announcement for this and DM.
    Last edited by s8ntmark; 01-24-2013 at 06:26 PM.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

• Minion

Trust me, I'm not getting hopes up. I'm just dreaming and imagining. Honestly though, you never know. I honestly wish we were getting something completely different than Potter, but something on the same level. Oh well. I've got slight hope that ours will be a little different than Orlando's. I don't want them to be exactly the same.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast