Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Roller coaster enthusiast

Talking Restored Back to the Future Delorean at USH

This makes me wish UOR would have kept one of the original Ghostbuster cars.
    Current coaster count: 155
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Fun Spot America

• Certified in everything

Re: Restored Back to the Future Delorean at USH

I love this! New stop for my next trip!
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

My friends and I saw it last weekend. Now, a photo of us in front of it is my phone's lock screen.

I literally squealed when I saw the functioning Flux Capacitor!

On a sad note, Biff's car has disappeared from its photo spot by Mel's Diner- nor has it returned to the studio tour "picture car" segment.

Saw this on Sunday. Loved it! I couldn't get a good shot of the Flux Capacitor though.

• Rookie Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by dazyhill View Post
    Saw this on Sunday. Loved it! I couldn't get a good shot of the Flux Capacitor though.
    This is the best shot we were able to get of it so far.
    NBC Universal Experience featuring the BTTF DeLorean | Facebook
    "I'm the ghost with the most, babe." - Beetlejuice

"The future is what you make it - so make it a good one." - Back to the Future

• New Member Goes Forth

that is great. I will have to check it out next time I am at USH
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

This is some of the greatest news for me EVER! That car looks fantastic! A bit too fantastic. I DO hope its the main "hero" car that was sadly left to rot in the Backlot Tour for the last years. I really do hope its that same one and not a newer replica. DeLorean Time Machine converters have gotten really good at replicating Time Machines, better than Universal themselves to the point where they're contracted to build some cars for the parks. The rotting hero car over the years was mistreated, both by nature and thieves who stole original props for their own DTM.

Man this is heavy! I haven't been to USH in months but now I gotta get back! XD
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

•   
    • Banned User

Here's the funnest part of the story.

This car has a plaque next to it. It lists the names of all involved. Very high up the list is a Pixar animator's name. The car was restored at his house along with "Team Fight Club" who are all listed individually as well as by their TFC group name. That same animator made a replica of an Ectomobile as well as his own replica of the BTTF DeLorean, both of which have been parked at his house over the years. He actually owned TWO Ectomobiles at one time but I bought one of them, stripped it down to bare metal and completely rebuilt it from scratch. ( Pictured below ) I've had my hand on that DeLorean time machine and plenty of other replicas over the years. To see Bob Gale give such support for such a backyard project by a bunch of non-studio guys who are basically all just fans contributing their own time and money was the cherry on top of the sundae.

....I'll bet you didn't know this car had a Disney connection, eh?

• Rookie Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by j11 View Post
    This is some of the greatest news for me EVER! That car looks fantastic! A bit too fantastic. I DO hope its the main "hero" car that was sadly left to rot in the Backlot Tour for the last years. I really do hope its that same one and not a newer replica. DeLorean Time Machine converters have gotten really good at replicating Time Machines, better than Universal themselves to the point where they're contracted to build some cars for the parks. The rotting hero car over the years was mistreated, both by nature and thieves who stole original props for their own DTM.

Man this is heavy! I haven't been to USH in months but now I gotta get back! XD
    I thought the car on the tour was a replica, not the real A car. Either way, the restored DeLorean in the Universal Experience is indeed the main vehicle, completely 100% screen accurate restored by the Restoration Team. They have a Facebook page where you can see the progression of the restoration all the way through completion.
    "I'm the ghost with the most, babe." - Beetlejuice

"The future is what you make it - so make it a good one." - Back to the Future

•   
    • Banned User

It is indeed the A car, the one that's been out back being exposed to the elements for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Betty Juice View Post
    I thought the car on the tour was a replica, not the real A car. Either way, the restored DeLorean in the Universal Experience is indeed the main vehicle, completely 100% screen accurate restored by the Restoration Team. They have a Facebook page where you can see the progression of the restoration all the way through completion.
    Well its the real A car but was commonly referred to as the B car because its in the Backlot Tour. The "A" car was said to be over at Amblin. The DeLorean in USO is a replica car. The real part 3 C car is hanging upside down in Planet Hollywood, HI. Another real part 3 car was restored by a private collector, and the one destroyed for the final scene.

I don't know much about "Fight Club" as people but upon browsing several bttf forums I know they're aficionados like many others who also convert their Deloreans to DTMs. And they did a dang good job. Movie cars shouldn't be neglected and showcased in such beat up conditions the way Universal does with them. Sell them off to the people who will really treasure them.
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    ....I'll bet you didn't know this car had a Disney connection, eh?
    I didn't know!

This car was actually not parked at Amblin, but was instead parked right besides the tram garage. You could see it sometimes as the tram drove past the opening. It was always dusty, and unlocked. The Flux capacitor and other consoles were missing. I'm not gonna lie, I sat in it once when I went back there
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

^
    That's sad. I knew several props from the pontoons were missing, but the original flux capacitor was too? That's like the holy grail to DTM converters. And heck, just fans in general. The one prop that people mostly remember.

And yeah. I've heard it was always unlocked. I've seen enough photos of "regular joes" taking pics inside it or doing Marty's pose. lol I've always envied them and now I'll never get that chance. ah. oh well!

• Roller coaster enthusiast

They may have been reused in another TV show or movie. I remember seeing a program about the Star Trek props and they talked about the small control panel on a Klingon Disrupter gun. They explained that it was originally a miniature ATM that was in the original "The Blob" movie many years ago.
    Current coaster count: 155
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Fun Spot America

For all I know, someone who works on the cars took the Flux Capacitor for safe keeping.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast