Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: The Collapsing Bridge!

Parenthood (among other things) films right next to the bridge in the Hollywood Terrace/Prop Plaza area.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    Parenthood (among other things) films right next to the bridge in the Hollywood Terrace/Prop Plaza area.

What scene in Parenthood!? That is in my top 5 favorite movies of all time and I'm trying to remember where in the movie this would be?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    What scene in Parenthood!? That is in my top 5 favorite movies of all time and I'm trying to remember where in the movie this would be?
    Parenthood the tv series not Parenthood the movie.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    Parenthood the tv series not Parenthood the movie.

oh oh! Forgive me. I did try parenthood the series...I just couldn't get into it...

So sorry!

• New Member Goes Forth

glad they still use the Collapsing Bridge. They should use it more often and not just to replace a scene that is not being used that day due to refurbishment. I normanlly go in the Summer, around July/ August, so I think it should be used then.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Name:  IMG_8421.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  191.5 KB

• Certified in everything

I was in the park on 3/8/13 and daly did not get to experience the collapsing bridge... though I was hoping I might get to . The tram just did Kong and moved on.

I wonder why they brought it back for such a short time?
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• New Member Goes Forth

It is good that it is still in operating condition
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Minion

#LimitedTimeMagic

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    I was in the park on 3/8/13 and daly did not get to experience the collapsing bridge... though I was hoping I might get to . The tram just did Kong and moved on.

I wonder why they brought it back for such a short time?
    Hearsay (and also the fairly uniform [and common sense] answer I've received from anyone at the parks) is that the Studio Tour routes are planned out well in advance, and that there's a balance of sets to attractions they try to maintain. I haven't been over the collapsing bridge since before the original Kong attraction burned, but I have been through sections of "Europe" that aren't normally open, and I've been through the "Parting the Red Sea / Skull Island" bit within the past few months twice.

I love the decision. Considering that part of the lure of the tour is the random possibility of filming being part of the tour, having backup attractions that are "special" and generally are only used when the normal route is unavailable is kinda awesome. I'd hope at the very least it cuts down on complaints - "Hey, I didn't get to go through Courthouse Square! But... the bridge!"

Now if they'd just get the runaway train back on the tour, and get back to blowing up subs opposite Skull Island...
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Like many here, I'm glad to see the bridge is still operating. It was again out of the tour when I last rode in October. I have, however, seen it run post Kong 360.

Curious though - I saw someone mention being surprised to go through the parting sea - is that not pretty much always part of the tour? I don't think I've ever been on *without* going through that scene!

Turn your favorite Disney CM into your NEW favorite collectible souvenir!
    Fully customizable hair & eye color, gender and even your name on the nametag!

Contact Createamations for details, and don't forget to visit us on Facebook for more!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I remember the bridge scaring the total bejebus out of me as a kid in the 80s. I started screaming my head off when the collapsing effect went off. It just really freaked me out for some reason.

• Functional & Decorative

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Now if they'd just get the runaway train back on the tour, and get back to blowing up subs opposite Skull Island...
    While we're at it, I still sort of miss the avalanche.

Quote Originally Posted by createamations View Post
    Curious though - I saw someone mention being surprised to go through the parting sea - is that not pretty much always part of the tour? I don't think I've ever been on *without* going through that scene!
    Basically, you do always go through it. But often, the sea is already "parted" when you get there and they make no significant mention of it, as opposed to getting there, yelling "Part the waters!" and watching it drain. Which if you ask me, is an entirely different experience.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post

Basically, you do always go through it. .
    Not 100 percent true. I remember about a six month stretch last year where we would go about once or twice a month and the tram would skip the Red Sea and little Europe entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    While we're at it, I still sort of miss the avalanche.

Basically, you do always go through it. But often, the sea is already "parted" when you get there and they make no significant mention of it, as opposed to getting there, yelling "Part the waters!" and watching it drain. Which if you ask me, is an entirely different experience.
    Fair enough - I do believe it was already drained the last time I rode.

I'm right there with you on the Avalanche tunnel. Even though the Mummy Tomb is obviously the same thing, for some reason the Avalanche always just seemed like a cooler (no pun intended) take on the theme.

Anyone remember the Battlestar Galactica scene from waaaaay back in the day?

Turn your favorite Disney CM into your NEW favorite collectible souvenir!
    Fully customizable hair & eye color, gender and even your name on the nametag!

Contact Createamations for details, and don't forget to visit us on Facebook for more!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast