Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Re: The Collapsing Bridge!

Quote Originally Posted by createamations View Post
    Curious though - I saw someone mention being surprised to go through the parting sea - is that not pretty much always part of the tour? I don't think I've ever been on *without* going through that scene!
    You know, now that you mentioned it, for me it's been a while since I've gone through the parting sea part of the tour! I think the last 5 times that I've been to Universal Studios in a span of about 2 years, I haven't parted the water. I wonder why that's been removed from the tour? Maybe it's just my luck *shrug*

• Doombuggy Rider

I hope the Collapsing Bridge remains permanent to the Back Lot Tram Tour (yeah its tacky, but I miss it & like it) ... now if they could only bring back The Munsters House again (wishful thinking, but "that housewives show" has concluded, so it could be done) .... Earthquake is still a unique experience (if it requires a rehab? I hope its to improve the over all experience while on the Tram without the use of 3D glasses) .... Universal Studios Hollywood, it's still an affordable theme park experience worth your time

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

It's off the tour again. They were just using it to ease the tram backup cause EQ was down.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

They often keep some of the older sets still operational, but for substitutions when the newer sets don't work. When I went back in January, the Fast and Furious set was blocked up and there were a lot of trams waiting on each other because of King Kong 3D malfuctions. So we got to experience the old Mummy set where the walls rotate! It was nice because that used to be one of my favorite parts of the tour and I was pretty sad to see it go.

• Workin to live,lovin life

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagicFlower View Post
    They often keep some of the older sets still operational, but for substitutions when the newer sets don't work. When I went back in January, the Fast and Furious set was blocked up and there were a lot of trams waiting on each other because of King Kong 3D malfuctions. So we got to experience the old Mummy set where the walls rotate! It was nice because that used to be one of my favorite parts of the tour and I was pretty sad to see it go.
    That's odd. I was at Universal last summer and they were using the Mummy tunnel all day.

But I'd prefer that Fast and the Furious set go away. I love the movies, but the set is horrible and corny in a "I'm trying too hard to be cool" way. It's the dancing that makes it terrible.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless Abrandon View Post
    That's odd. I was at Universal last summer and they were using the Mummy tunnel all day.

But I'd prefer that Fast and the Furious set go away. I love the movies, but the set is horrible and corny in a "I'm trying too hard to be cool" way. It's the dancing that makes it terrible.
    I thought they could use the arms and reprogram them to a BTTF show for the tram.

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Batman with a Gun

Bel Air, California, United States, United States

Well, F&F lost the VW sponsorship sometime last year, hence the cars losing the decals. So it might be not long for this world.

But pretty much everything but the bridge is in regular operation. (Mummy tunnel, included)
    Last time King Kong 3D was down, we took a trip all the way down to the Spartacus set. THAT was a long rare view for me.

And of course, we got purple passes and tickets for the King Kong express. (That's when after the regular trams conclude, they have special trams that ONLY go straight to King Kong 3D)

Edit:
    Last week, Jimmy finally replaced Whoopi in the Mummy tunnel. Odd how there's no audio. Just him looking down and slowly being overcome with beetles.

Also, I saw the TPA mention they went across the bridge this week. So sounds like it might be coming back into regular rotation.
    Last edited by M3wThr33; 04-18-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123