Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Despicable Me - Minion Mayhem coming to Universal Studios Hollywood

Universal Studios Hollywood Announces 'Despicable Me Minion Mayhem' Attraction: Fully Immersive... -- UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --

Name:  LA74740-M.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  53.1 KB

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Universal Studios HollywoodSM announces the much-anticipated arrival of "Despicable Me Minion Mayhem," a 3D Ultra-HD movie motion-simulator adventure. Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment's worldwide blockbuster Despicable Me will come to life in Hollywood in an attraction modeled after the one in its sister park, Universal Orlando Resort® – with the addition of a few surprises unique to the Entertainment Capital of L.A.SM

"Based on the consumer feedback at our sister park, we expect the 'Despicable Me' ride experience to be a popular, family-friendly attraction for Universal Studios Hollywood. The ride continues the story line of the main characters from the blockbuster film through all-new 3D Ultra-HD animation, together with an interactive ride vehicle system," said Larry Kurzweil , President and Chief Operating Officer, Universal Studios Hollywood. "In 'Despicable Me Minion Mayhem,' our guests will experience the hilarious and heartwarming characters of the beloved film in a whole new way."

The fully immersive experience will debut in 2014 with the loveable cast of leading characters that have captured the laughter of audiences worldwide: super-villain Gru, his adorable girls (Margo, Edith and Agnes) and the unpredictably hilarious Minions.

"The 'Despicable Me Minion Mayhem' attraction at Universal Studios Hollywood will continue to push the creative envelope with its exceptional show content, sight gags, special effects and 3D digital animation. The exterior treatment will feature even more thematic and colorful creative touches that will literally place park guests inside Gru's world," said Mark Woodbury , President, Universal Creative.

Guests will experience whimsically themed queues, preshow videos and comedic dialogue that set up the fundamental plot: Gru schemes to create more mischievous Minions from human recruits.

Guests will be transported into Gru's house as they meander through his living room and encounter visual elements as seen in the film – including the moon-shrinking SR-6 shrink ray – while they zig zag through a zany adventure featuring Gru's super-villain laboratory. The exciting journey continues as they swerve, bounce and plunge to get through the frantically humorous Minion training mission while donning specially designed 3D Minion goggles. Fun and frolic continue in a post-show dance party where Minion walkaround characters invite guests to strut their stuff in an impromptu Minion-inspired dance party.
    "Despicable Me Minion Mayhem" was produced in collaboration between Universal Creative and Illumination Entertainment, and was recently honored as Best Animated Special Production at the 2012 Annie Awards, which recognizes Outstanding Achievements in the field of Animation.

Universal Studios Hollywood SM, The Entertainment Capital of L.A.SM, includes a full-day, movie-based theme park and Studio Tour; the CityWalk®entertainment, shopping and dining complex, the Universal CityWalk Cinemas, the "5 Towers" state-of-the-art outdoor concert venue, and the Gibson Amphitheatre concert and special event arena. World-class rides and attractions include the intense, award-winning ride, "King Kong 360 3-D" on the famed behind-the-scenes Studio Tour, "The Simpsons RideTM," "Revenge of the MummySM —The Ride" indoor roller coaster and "Jurassic Park® —The Ride," as well as the award-winning, critically acclaimed mega-attraction, "Transformers™: The Ride—3D."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Despicable Me - Minion Mayhem coming to Universal Studios Hollywood

YAY You guys are getting the post show dance party! I was hoping that would not get cut!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Haha well this may have been a surprise to the public but we knew about this for what..almost 2 years now
    Should be fun to go on once or twice....but like many of the 3D shows they over stay they're welcome and in a way I kinda wish Shrek was taken out instead of Terminator

• Circle of Ancients

Eric, with the amount of room that they will have left over in the T2 building after the theater is converted, not having the dance party would have been a shame.

I'm still not completely sold on them having yet another motion simulator/3D film at the park and especially on the upper lot and them taking up the MUCH larger T2 building to do it. I still would have rather seen a Despicable Me dark ride or something instead.
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 03-11-2013 at 02:18 PM.

• New Member Goes Forth

This is fantastic news. From what I have seen on Orlando Parkhopper columns, it is a great attraction, and I cannot wait to experience the dance party! cannot wait for it to open, and with the amount of work that Universal can do in a short time, this will be open in 2014 on time. I am so excited. This attraction will be awsome!!!
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

What exactly will be unique to hollywood?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Certified in everything

While I'm sure the attraction is great, I can't say I'm 100% thrilled about another totally film-based attraction at USH. Moreover it looks like we're getting the "a bunch of simulators in one room" model which I dislike. I'm sure it will be a great attraction, but I guess I was holding out hope for more.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I'm so stoked! Despicable Me is one of my favorite movies, and I've been super jealous that Orlando has had an attraction. Now I don't need to be!

I'll definitely be hitting this up each visit!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    What I think will be unique is your entire queue will be indoors and through Grus home. Which makes me SUPER jealous!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

I see that they are a little vague about the opening date, not unusual in the business. The two alarm fire in the building back in January while they were removing Terminator didn't help things. That event probably pushed it back a few months.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Are they leaving room for a maze for HHN?

• New Member Goes Forth

perosnally, I like that HSH always remove old movies and replace with the latest movies.

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Team Hail HYDRA

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    the facade

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• New Member Goes Forth

Hopefully, they will have an walkthrough of Gru's house. That would be awsome

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Are they leaving room for a maze for HHN?
    The plans for Uni's expansion show nothing happening in the old Coke Soak area, so I assume there would be space for a maze and its line if they had open space over there and got creative.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast