Holiday inn across from Universal

Hi all.

I booked my first stay at the Holiday Inn across the street for the first night of our trip. We were hoping to walk across to city walk in the afternoon and had a couple of questions.

#1 I looked at google maps and I don't see how you can walk over LOL. Do you literally go through the garage? How long a walk is it?

#2 My dad had a knee replacement and can't walk real far distances, so we wanted to send him over in a cab to city walk. Do they drop you off at the bus loop? How long a walk is that to get into city walk? Looking at that same google maps pic I'm not sure that is close enough for him.

The next day we are changing over to the Hard Rock, and then he will have a scooter, hoping he doesnt have to sit out the first day while the rest of us are tearing up city walk

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Holiday inn across from Universal

Quote Originally Posted by Aengus View Post
    Hi all.

I booked my first stay at the Holiday Inn across the street for the first night of our trip. We were hoping to walk across to city walk in the afternoon and had a couple of questions.

#1 I looked at google maps and I don't see how you can walk over LOL. Do you literally go through the garage? How long a walk is it?

#2 My dad had a knee replacement and can't walk real far distances, so we wanted to send him over in a cab to city walk. Do they drop you off at the bus loop? How long a walk is that to get into city walk? Looking at that same google maps pic I'm not sure that is close enough for him.

The next day we are changing over to the Hard Rock, and then he will have a scooter, hoping he doesnt have to sit out the first day while the rest of us are tearing up city walk
    Hey wanted to help you out here.

Walking from your hotel to the Parks... you will walk up the Sidewalk up Major BLVD and cross Universal BLVD as you walk towards the parks. You will basically enter up through the Valet entrance.

A taxi would drop him off in the bus loop. It still is a considerable distance, but in the rotunda there is a wheelchair rental right there if he would be comfortable in a wheelchair.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Hey wanted to help you out here.

Walking from your hotel to the Parks... you will walk up the Sidewalk up Major BLVD and cross Universal BLVD as you walk towards the parks. You will basically enter up through the Valet entrance.

A taxi would drop him off in the bus loop. It still is a considerable distance, but in the rotunda there is a wheelchair rental right there if he would be comfortable in a wheelchair.
    Thanks Eric. I didn't realize they have a wheelchair rental right there. That may be the way to go for sure.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Universal Studios-Hollywood Hotel in North Hollywood, California | Holiday Inn

The hotel may provide a free shuttle service to the park entrance, give them a call.

1 800 972 2576

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I thought we were talking about Orlando?

i have no idea either. im assuming orlando since the person said they were stayinh at the hard rock another night

Yes sorry, I was talking about Orlando. I do believe there is a shuttle bus. I was originally hoping the taxi could get a little closer than where the bus drops you off for my dad's sake. It is great to know there is a wheelchair rental close by. Now how to convince him to get into one haha!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Yes sorry, I was talking about Orlando. I do believe there is a shuttle bus. I was originally hoping the taxi could get a little closer than where the bus drops you off for my dad's sake. It is great to know there is a wheelchair rental close by. Now how to convince him to get into one haha!
    You can also rent an EVC from there too.

https://www.universalorlando.com/Res...n/Rentals.aspx

On their site, they have the pricing, and the availability information. I suggest you call the number and speak to them directly if you have any additional accessibility questions.

But please don't stop asking questions here! We love helping, and we expect LOTS of pictures and reviews when you come back from your trip! lol

I'll tell you all about it at the podcast meet up, that is when I will be there

Thanks for the info

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TSTLSOOM View Post
    i have no idea either. im assuming orlando since the person said they were stayinh at the hard rock another night
    Ah, this was the only clue that he meant Orlando, otherwise the post could work for either one.

Oh well...
    Last edited by CaliforniaAdventurer; 03-22-2013 at 10:25 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I'll tell you all about it at the podcast meet up, that is when I will be there

Thanks for the info
    AWESOME! I can't wait!