Universal Hollywood Hiring

MEDIA ALERT: MONDAY, APRIL 8 AT 2PM
    Universal Studios Hollywood is Hiring:Universal Studios Hollywood Holds Open Call Auditions for English, Bilingual Spanish and Mandarin Speaking Studio Tour Guides as Theme Park Recruits Ambassadors for itsPopular Behind-the-Scenes ‘Studio Tour’ and Enhanced ‘VIP Experience’In Preparation for an Exciting SummerWHAT: Universal Studios Hollywood is hiring Studio Tour guides for its signature “Studio Tour” attraction, which provides behind-the-scenes access to a working production studio, movie set backlot and one-of-a-kind special effects attractions, including the award-winning “King Kong 360-3D” created by Peter Jackson, the world’s largest, most intense 3D experience. Selected Studio Tour Guides will join a roster of seasoned professionals, many of whom will transition to roles of coveted “VIP Experience” guides. The enhanced “VIP Experience” puts the illustrious world of movie-making magic within arm’s reach of guests visiting from across the globe. It features an exclusive guided theme park visit and Studio Tour with unlimited front-of-line ride privileges, unprecedented behind-the-scenes access to movie and television sets, including the legendary prop house and a gourmet lunch prepared by Universal’s award-winning executive chef. As Universal Studios Hollywood ambassadors, the Studio Tour guides join a dynamic program offering employees access to Hollywood-insider perks unavailable anywhere else in the entertainment industry. Highlights include: intimate group symposiums with prestigious industry professionals, free professional acting classes, auditions for top industry casting directors, and free private screenings of Universal films, to name a few. To be considered, candidates must be enthusiastic and charismatic, have a performance and / or public speaking background, be knowledgeable of film and television, have an engaging stage presence, be friendly, outgoing, and be at least 18 years of age. WHO: Hundreds of English, bilingual Spanish and bilingual Mandarin speaking job-seekers and aspiring Hollywood hopefuls
    WHERE: Universal Studios Hollywood – “VIP Experience” Lounge, located to right of park’s main entrance (100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA 91608)

WHEN:Monday, April 8, 20132-4pm: Studio Tour guide -- open casting callPRESSEnter Universal Studios Blvd. off the 101 Freeway or Universal HollywoodPARKING: Drive off Lankershim Blvd. Follow signs to press parking and press check-in.

• Minion

Re: Universal Hollywood Hiring

Hmm. So it's a Summer Job. Im kinda interested. But wonder how strict on who they hire. I can imagine myself speaking for the trams.

• Minion

Ok I looked it up. It's a very lengthy audition. With many callbacks and trainings. I just need to know what they r looking for and tips. I'm 19 so hmm. I just hope there's not a lot of compition

• Rookie Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    Ok I looked it up. It's a very lengthy audition. With many callbacks and trainings. I just need to know what they r looking for and tips. I'm 19 so hmm. I just hope there's not a lot of compition
    There is usually a HUGE amount of people, so bring your A Game and just be tough! Good luck if you decide to audition!
    "I'm the ghost with the most, babe." - Beetlejuice

"The future is what you make it - so make it a good one." - Back to the Future

• Minion

Wow. I don't think ima audition anymore If there's going to be hundreds of people. Very Intimidating. How do they even find out about this job offer. It's not like they advertised it. Anyways it's Hollywood so I assume they mostly want experienced professionals. But I was a seasonal worker at knotts and currently waitlisted for Disneyland.

Hi Dannyland, if you decide to go for it, good luck.
    As far as how we know about this , are in touch with USH PR and media through our universal Orlando podcast.

Give it a shot! Every professional started as a non-professional once. They got a break, and you can, too. Maybe it's only a summer job, but they run trams in the winter, too. Be good at it, and they just might keep you on.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• New Member Goes Forth

Go for it DannyLand! You have got us Micechatters behind you!
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Usually 400+ show up.

Basically you get called in to a room with one of the Studio Tour Managers. You talk for about 2 minutes, and they tell you they'll call you.

Basically, they look to see how inviting you are.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

• Minion

In Hollywood u never say 'good luck.' It's 'break a leg.'

Anyways the process is basically wait in line for 2 and a half hours in the very windy wind! U have a very short interview. They ask if you're an actor and why do u want to be a studio tour guide.

Mostly everyone in line heard about this job on Craig's list. I think about 40 people get the job out of the 400+ and they r very strict on who gets it or not. But it's only minimum wage. The people in line said in Hollywood they audition A LOT. Sometimes people audition for different roles 20 times and never get any callbacks. So audition audition audition!!! As many times as possible.

When u exit the building.... They tell u that it's currently spring break and they are casting for other jobs like characters and street performers.

For those who are interested, we have a post detailing how the day played out: Inside Universal » Universal Studios Hollywood Guide » Tour Guide: An Inside Look at the Interview Process
    InsideUniversal.net - Universal Studios Hollywood.

Universal Studios Hollywood Employment Always seems updated each day and simple to keep up with job postings.

• New Member Goes Forth

Go for it DannyLand!
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Team Hail HYDRA

Go Dannyland,make us proud!!!

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com