Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: Universal Evolution Plan

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    How awesome would it be if there was a train that brought you to some other part of the park, the lower backlot or in the area once poised for residential... for the rest of HP.
    If anyone isn't aware, a Hogworth Express is being built to connect Daigon Alley(the new HP area in USO) to the original WWoHP(a blend of all things HP). It will be a real train going a short distance but you will see a movie out the windows not a real view of what's outside the train. A lot of people things this is amazing, myself and probably other have been on the USH Studio Tour and know how king Kong works.

With that you could get in a train and the movie could make you feel like you are moving faster or further. So it's possible they could use it and just put the two "lands" back to back.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
    • Minion

i can't wait to see what they include here for the west coat version of Harry Potter. My speculation is definitely the Castle with the dark ride. They would be pretty dumb not to have that IMO considering how epic the attraction is. I would also guess the Wand shop as well. I just hope they make the stores here a little bigger so they don't get over populated like they do in Orlando.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

I'm still having trouble seeing how it can all fit into the space they've announced. Maybe taking out Waterworld is a bit overkill, but it rally seems like there isn't much room for Hogsmead AND FJ AND the Hippogryph coaster if they only use the Gibson/CG space.

Now maybe if they went out into the tram roadway...Put Hogwarts in the space where the Tram garage is....and had a bridge connecting it to Hogsmead
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark View Post
    I'm still having trouble seeing how it can all fit into the space they've announced. Maybe taking out Waterworld is a bit overkill, but it rally seems like there isn't much room for Hogsmead AND FJ AND the Hippogryph coaster if they only use the Gibson/CG space.

Now maybe if they went out into the tram roadway...Put Hogwarts in the space where the Tram garage is....and had a bridge connecting it to Hogsmead

I guess you haven't heard much of this. This may be a new official announcement but information about this stuff is mostly about a year old.

Check out this link which has maps about how much is changing. It's a lot of the whole resort.

Inside Universal » Universal Studios Hollywood Guide » Inside the NBCUniversal Evolution Plan €“ January 7, 2013 Framework
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark View Post
    The Hippogriph coaster, assuming there is one, might not be anything like the one in Florida and might may have a much more compact configuration.

That said, I have doubts of there ever being an outdoor coaster at USH.
    Last edited by sheetz; 04-28-2013 at 05:03 AM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I could definitely see them adding an INDOOR roller coaster to Harry Potter. But there's a serene country club with estate homes across the river from the Universal backlot. And among the neighbors is a certain Roy Disney. Who owns a lot of Disney stock and has a lot of clout in the community. Who probably doesn't really like the noise.

• Minion

I could definitely see them adding an INDOOR roller coaster to Harry Potter. But there's a serene country club with estate homes across the river from the Universal backlot. And among the neighbors is a certain Roy Disney. Who owns a lot of Disney stock and has a lot of clout in the community. Who probably doesn't really like the noise.
    I think the bigger issue with an outdoor coaster is the noise pollution it'll create and how it'll impact studio production.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Good point, but soundstages are 95% sound proof. I suppose it could impact outdoor filming.

Roy Disney is dead.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

But the Disney family still owns the property in Toluca Lake.

• Minion

There's also a little border separating Universal City and the Country Club known as the Los Angeles River. The club is part of Toluca Lake (which for those unfamiliar with the area is a district of the city of Los Angeles) so attempting to buy the golf course would bring up issues with neighboring Burbank to the East, Studio City to the West and North Hollywood to the North.

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    Roy Disney is dead.
    Very good. To bad original poster didn't check that main fact.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

• Minion

This is annoying. They announced potter in 2011. And THEY HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED YET!!

Officially announced Florida this week the expansion will open next year -__- wow. Really now??

HURRY UP HOLLYWOOD. By the time it opens in Hollywood, everyone would lose interest and visited the Florida one

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    This is annoying. They announced potter in 2011. And THEY HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED YET!!

Officially announced Florida this week the expansion will open next year -__- wow. Really now??

The only reason they announced Potter in Hollywood back in 2011 is because it got leaked to major news networks. Their hand was forced.

HURRY UP HOLLYWOOD. By the time it opens in Hollywood, everyone would lose interest and visited the Florida one

No. I guarantee you that most tourist from the Asian countries and Australia will not travel the extra 8+ hours to Florida to see Potter. Same with most people on the west coast.

They will continue to come and enjoy their vacations in California. But instead of spending an extra day at Disney or other activity's around SoCal, they will come to USH.

If last summer with Transformers was any indication, when Potter does open, its going to blow the doors off of USH.
    Last edited by Ryan120420; 05-10-2013 at 09:41 AM.

• former CM

Universal & Disney Evolution or Devolution

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    . . . No. I guarantee you that most tourists from the Asian countries and Australia will not travel the extra [5] hours to Florida to see Potter. Same with most people on the West Coast.

They will continue to come and enjoy their vacations in California. But instead of spending an extra day at Disney or other activities around SoCal, they will come to USH.

If last summer with Transformers was any indication, when Potter does open, it's going to blow the doors off of USH.
    And IF the WWoHP in Universal Hollywood is magnificent AND substantially different from the one in Orlando,
    it could inspire us to visit Universal Orlando too.

So while excitement for these Wizard Worlds is building, the builder, Universal's Steve Burke, will have his contract ready to renew at Universal.
    He has:
    --experience working well in Disney,
    --dramatically increased attendance at Universal Orlando while Walt Disney World's #s were flat,
    --and has far more film & TV experience than Thomas Staggs or Jay Rasulo.
    So if Disney's board of directors is brave, they'll break from the Eisner-Wells/Iger CEO compensation-centered culture, and hire Steve Burke to take Iger's place as Disney's CEO.

But
    CEO Iger is also the chairman of Disney's board (Why is this still legal for huge, public corporations?),
    major stockholder Steve Jobs' widow is no Steve Jobs,
    and Roy Disney is in heaven.
    So, like Eisner, Iger will likely get to name his successor.

And with MyMagic+/famcuffs/NextGen likely to underwhelm in 2014, and with Thomas Staggs likely to get most of the blame--the equivalent to 3 or 4 major box office disappointments--the still youthful CEO AND Chairman of the Board, Iger, will like stay on as Disney's CEO for another 3 to 5 years beyond 2015. ("Are you sure, Mr. Chairman of the Board?" "Yes, me.") Oh boy, what characters or company will Iger buy next?

Would the government be spineless enough to let him buy Dreamworks Animation? (If Universal bought Dreamworks Animation, I'd consider Katzenberg as a candidate to run Disney. He's turned into a great employer, has earned even more box office than Pixar--look it up--and has Disney in his blood.)

--Tom Sinsky
    Last edited by jcruise86; 05-10-2013 at 08:14 PM. Reason: typo

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast