Thread: Crowds in June

• Wished I lived closer!

Crowds in June

The last time I was at Universal Studios Hollywood was when I was in the 6th grade...er, in 1985. Well lucky for me we are taking the family in just a few short weeks! Thursday, June 13th to be exact. I have NO idea what to expect for crowds as it is still during the week and not into the depths of summer yet. We will also be doing DL and will have to endure one day of "grad nights" on Wednesday. Thursday is our last day of vacation and I am SO excited to be ending it at Universal! Thoughts on crowds? Oh...we will be driving from Anaheim and would like to be in line a good 30 minutes before the park opens. What time should we head out into the glorious CA traffic?

Thanks!

Re: Crowds in June

hope you have fun! coming from anaheim you might want to leave 2 hours before the park opens so you can be there 30 mins before the park opens.

• Rookie Chatter

Depending on opening time, I would agree - that freeway is no joke in the morning rush! The crowds have been increasing day by day, but I think you should be alright because of how early you're going. You can finish everything by 1 o'clock if the park opens at 9 or 10.
    "I'm the ghost with the most, babe." - Beetlejuice

"The future is what you make it - so make it a good one." - Back to the Future

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Hope you won't have June Gloom (grey skies).

Other than that, weather is not too hot.

Have a great trip!

• Wished I lived closer!

Thanks everyone...we are really looking forward to our trip! We once went to DL in May and I remember the "May Gray." It would clear up around noon though...hoping for the same this time around. Anything is better than Seattle weather right now!! Non stop rain for the last 10 days!

• Singing Drinker

LOL THAT we can pretty much guarantee you getting away from. I don't remember the last time it rained for ten days straight here. No, really. I don't know if it ever actually *has*.

If you have internet connectivity (and at this point it's almost an assumed "yes") you might want to check Sigalert.com before taking off. It's about the most current information you can count on, and if there's something ugly between you and your destination it'll at least give you info first.
    Last edited by BogLurch; 05-30-2013 at 10:23 AM. Reason: stupid link title
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Yeah unfortunately, "May Gray" usually clears up at noon but "June Gloom" can hang around all afternoon, sometimes up until sunset.

But that said, it won't rain and if you're from Seattle you'll be used to gray skies.

• Wished I lived closer!

June Gloom will not happen to us. God would not be that cruel... And thanks for the tip regarding Sigalert. I will check it out!

• Singing Drinker

For the record (and as a baseline for "building up but not at summer heights"), waits on Saturday (6/1) were moderate. Transformers and Simpsons had around an hour posted wait at mid-afternoon, Studio Tour was about half an hour, most other attractions were in that area.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.