• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

The Walking Dead Returns to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights

The Walking Dead Returns to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights - IGN

Well this was a no brainier...(you know..cause they're zombies)

My friends and I knew the second that season 3 had a prison that would be the maze this year a horror nights, I'm much more excited for this then I was for the first maze

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: The Walking Dead Returns to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights

They did a good job with the maze last year. I hope they redo the tram tour maze, 2 of the same exact themes seems a bit lazy.

• Singing Drinker

Pretty sure the Terror Tram will still be Walking Dead. I keep seeing rumors that they're planning on doing more with it, which would be VERY appreciated - currently it's a little slapdash to be honest. Considering the amazing level of the rest of the sets, it was a bit odd.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Parking Lot > DCA

According to their Twitter (which is run by John Murdy):

The Walking Dead maze is set in the WEST GEORGIA CORRECTIONAL FACILITY, which of course means we're building a prison...a BIG one...
    But you'll also venture outside the walls of the prison...and make a stop in the town of WOODBURY...including the Governor's aquarium room..
    The Walking Dead will also be the theme of this year's TERROR TRAM, but different from last year. Its more what happens OUTSIDE THE PRISON
    That includes THE TOWN OF WOODBURY and that creepy WALKER PIT...mmmm...burned walkers....mmmmm
    We're delighted to be working with AMC again and the fabulous GREG NICOTERO...especially for MICHONNE'S PETS! Oh yes...we're doing that!
    He also announced the official title of the new maze as "The Walking Dead: No Safe Haven"

As well as this:

Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of Season 3 but I know that this maze will be amazing. Last year killed it. Hopefully the Terror Tram is a little better, though!

• former CM

Zombies are well-suited for Universal's less-than-Knott's Scary Farm monster actors. When I went three years ago, I saw groups of monsters gathered, talking about what the were doing after work as we got off the tram for the walking portion of the tram experience.

Universal's House of Horrors, on the other hand, has monsters who work full-time, year round. I think they're the best monsters I've seen in Southern California.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 07-26-2013 at 07:06 AM.

• Singing Drinker

I'm very much looking forward to this year. With the limitations of the upper lot, I have a very strong (VERY VERY STRONG) feeling we're looking at something unprecedented for this season as to maze placements etc.

I'm very hopeful. It's going to be a good year.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^I hope so....but my fear is...they'll try to get away with less mazes and replace it with a show

• Minion

so TWD is in the NY streets on the backlot...there will be a psuedo-scarezone in the area as well

OK, so this got me thinking: How do the front of line passes work? Is it a single price that includes admission, or is it admission plus another fee?

This got me all kinds of willing to buy one this year! That and our unsatisfactory experience with TWD maze line experience last year...

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
    OK, so this got me thinking: How do the front of line passes work? Is it a single price that includes admission, or is it admission plus another fee?

This got me all kinds of willing to buy one this year! That and our unsatisfactory experience with TWD maze line experience last year...
    As far as I know it's a single price.

Basically, you purchase the FOL ticket and get to enter exclusively through security into the park as opposed to the main gate, you have reserved seats for the Bill & Ted show, and you can skip to the front of the line once at each maze and attraction.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post

I mean sure...if your party is cool with paying like 4 bucks extra..but if you go to HHN in early October, get there when it opens and go on the right mazes first....you should not need the pass