USH Sunday Crowds

I was thinking of taking some visitors to USH next Sunday, Aug 11. We probably wouldn't be able to get there until after lunch but could stay until 10pm closing. How will the crowds be? Could we avoid the long lines by doing the shows in the afternoon and the rides at night? What's the latest we can ride the tram tour? Thanks.

• Singing Drinker

Re: USH Sunday Crowds

Crowds tend to be variable. In my experience, you usually get a lower crowd volume in the day that picks up as the AP locals who flood Citywalk cycle back and forth. Sundays are usually OK days until suddenly they're not and the crowd hits.

The last Studio Tour is usually a while before sunset - I would plan on doing it earlier rather than later for that reason.

Also, keep in mind that there's not a HUGE amount of stuff to do in the park. You *may* miss out on a show or two due to conflicting schedules or being in line, but if you prioritize you shouldn't have trouble hitting anything that isn't directly blocked that way. I'm usually able to hit most if not all the rides (and all the ones I want to) even on summer Saturdays. The only real exception is Jurassic Park, which is pretty much 100% tied to the weather - if it's a blazing hot day, the line's going to be huge regardless.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

Unfortunately, It has been SUPER busy the past sundays. Just a Heads up, Transformers and the tram will probably be at least 60 mins each, and depending on weather jurassic could have an hour wait. The Ride lines dont really die down except the tour if you go the last 20 minutes of it being open. Simpsons will always have a long wait because of the way they load in. Prepare for some long queues since it will be one of the last weeks before school starts for LAUSD.

Yeah, I figured since Aug 11 is an AP blackout day that crowds might be pretty bad. I think we'll just go on Monday morning instead. That should ok, right?

Quote Originally Posted by sheetz View Post
    Yeah, I figured since Aug 11 is an AP blackout day that crowds might be pretty bad. I think we'll just go on Monday morning instead. That should ok, right?

if you can get there early yes. Ive noticed that many people do the whole "oh its a weekend so we will go monday instead" and the crowds are as bad as sunday. Just get their early, go on the tour and the lower lot rides first and you should be golden.

As an ap I suggest you go at opening and make your way to the lower lot straight to transformers because that is the ride with the most wait then I suggest getting on Jurassic park and mummy ride then going up and either getting on the Simpsons or watch a show and then do the tram ride last before they close less wait

Reporting back. I ended up going Monday and it was surprisingly crowded. Lines at headliner attractions were 60+ minutes for much of the day. USH seriously needs to double the number of attractions but I don't see how they can do that if they are always removing an attraction for every one they add. I shudder to think what it'll be like when Harry Potter opens. Even though a lot of their attractions are fun I won't be returning until they increase their park capacity.