• Parking Lot > DCA

USH Announces "Curse of Chucky" Scare Zone for HHN

The second scare zone announcement tonight from Halloween Horror Nights has been announced!

"I'm through with waiting! I'm coming back!!!! If they won't give me my show back...I'll crash theirs! Time for the CURSE OF CHUCKY!!!!"
    "I couldn't help noticing there's a cute little toy store on BAKER STREET...I hear they're getting a shipment of GOOD GUY DOLLS! Hmmm..."
    I hear the LAKESHORE STRANGLER has been hanging around, when he isn't frequenting that VOO DOO shop down the street....
    Name:  3b238a36-9975-417a-a8e2-d6ad1441eb58_zpsf0ca19c8.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  205.7 KB

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: USH Announces "Curse of Chucky" Scare Zone for HHN

This makes sense as just a scare zone...I hope we get Chucky Joke show back too

• Minion

not this year...that space is being used for a maze.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Color me underwhelmed.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Absolutely this year. It's been officially announced.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Color me underwhelmed.
    I know how you feel. When you see the "CURSE OF CHUCKY - AVAILABLE ON BLU-RAY AND DVD OCTOBER 8TH" at the bottom of the poster you start to understand why it's there. Sigh.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I know how you feel. When you see the "CURSE OF CHUCKY - AVAILABLE ON BLU-RAY AND DVD OCTOBER 8TH" at the bottom of the poster you start to understand why it's there. Sigh.
    FWIW, that about covers every maze and zone that's been announced so far. The Purge drops to DVD on 10/8. Walking Dead new season premiers during HHN. InSIDious 2 opens before HHN but not by much. The Black Sabbath maze is directly tied in at least name to their new release.

With La Llorana at USO (IIRC FYI IMO ETC) I'm wondering what we're getting that's not a direct tie-in this season. I'm guessing TCM is back (no direct tie this year), and Horror Remix is a generic sampler - but yeah, everything else looks to be a promotional linked property.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    FWIW, that about covers every maze and zone that's been announced so far. The Purge drops to DVD on 10/8. Walking Dead new season premiers during HHN. InSIDious 2 opens before HHN but not by much. The Black Sabbath maze is directly tied in at least name to their new release.

With La Llorana at USO (IIRC FYI IMO ETC) I'm wondering what we're getting that's not a direct tie-in this season. I'm guessing TCM is back (no direct tie this year), and Horror Remix is a generic sampler - but yeah, everything else looks to be a promotional linked property.
    This.

I am wondering the same thing!

• Singing Drinker

I think part of what's amusing me is remembering very clearly when the first round of "promotional" mazes (Grudge IIRC?) opened at Knott's. How far we've come - one maze amidst many with a brand becomes an entire theme park full of explicitly movie-themed attractions.

Hmmm. Nah, too easy.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Well...I mean they could set up the stage somewhere else...like the animals actors building

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post

Most likely the maze code named "Pumpkin", which most fans are speculating will be the Hispanic legend El Cucuy.

Im looking foward to this, I heard that the film is actually pretty good. Still waiting for Chucky to take over hhn as a whole.

• Singing Drinker

Most likely the maze code named "Pumpkin", which most fans are speculating will be the Hispanic legend El Cucuy.

Im looking foward to this, I heard that the film is actually pretty good. Still waiting for Chucky to take over hhn as a whole.
    I'm always a little sad that I never got to see the Chucky show (I don't do Halloween event shows - haven't seen a good Knott's hanging in more than a decade, and nothing else has really captured my interest). I think the lack of a central character may be because of how spread out the park itself is. That disconnect between Upper and Lower puts almost more psychological distance between the areas than physical.