• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Zombies to take over the Universal Backlot at this year's Hallowen Horror Nights

Universal Studios has just confirmed that they will be placing two mazes in the backlot this Halloween. Guests will be transported to the lower lot, where they will be dropped off in a scare zone filled with zombies inspired by The Walking Dead. If they survive, guests will find two mazes: "The Walking Dead: No Safe Haven" and "Black Sabbath: 13 3D."

The Walking Dead maze will take place in the West Georgia Correctional Facility, now overrun by decaying walkers. Guests will tour inside the facility and in the woods which surrounds it.

The Black Sabbath maze is inspired by the heavy metal band's biggest hit songs, and will incorporate 3D video. "Guests will live the nightmare of such songs as Luke's Wall, Iron Man, Paranoid, War Pigs, Electric Funeral and of course, Black Sabbath."

Aside from the two mazes in the Back Lot, Guests will also be able to experience the Terror Tram and mazes based upon "Evil Dead: Book of the Dead," and Insidious: Into the Further." Scare Zones will include Curse of Chucky and The Purge. There are more mazes and scare zones yet to be announced. But it's already a pretty amazing line up of thrills.

I'm really looking forward to walking on the backlot sets. It's a great idea and will add a new element of fun to the event. Anyone else excited about the opportunity to be dropped off in a back lot filled with zombies?!

Save the date - join MiceChat at Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Night on September 21st. You can sign up for an email event reminder and info at this link: http://eepurl.com/zxCzb

Event details will be posted and emailed as soon as we are able to confirm final details with Universal.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

Re: Zombies to take over the Universal Backlot at this year's Hallowen Horror Nights

so I needa ride the terror tram then after that... I go thru 2 mazes?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Zombies to take over the Universal Backlot at this year's Hallowen Horror Nights

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    so I needa ride the terror tram then after that... I go thru 2 mazes?
    I believe that the Terror Tram and the tram to these two new mazes will be separate. Not 100% sure about that, but I believe they are located in different parts of the backlot.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Very Cool, Can't wait to check them all out. It is a great idea to have more mazes in the backlot area.The more controlled atmosphere will benefit maze goers, giving a more realistic feel. It will be interesting to see how they pull it off, but it sounds as if they are attempting to spread out the crowd. Probably because of the new construction, would be my guess. Either VIP or Front of the line is the only way to go to HHN its definitely worth the expense, especially on the weekends.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I mean cool and also....bad...I'll need to make sure to run to those backlot mazes first because...the lines for the trams I predict will get long just to get to those two mazes

• Parking Lot > DCA

I am excited for the backlot mazes!

• Singing Drinker

I am amazingly excited for HHN at this point. The areas they're talking about using are some of my favorite areas on the backlot, period.

I agree it's got a lot of potential to be... problematic... getting to and from the area. There may be a year or two of "Holy @!#$# what were they THINKING?". But... backlot...
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.