View Poll Results: Might Upcoming Wizardoing World Include Hogwart's Ex[ress Train Ride?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Muggle-Up....The Hogwart's Express ride is the sure deal!

0 0%
  • Quite Possibly....Especially if we join our magical powers with Harry;s

3 27.27%
  • Just a slight chance, sad but true.

3 27.27%
  • tNo way! We'll have to settle for pretending that DL's Ward Kimball is the Hogwart's Express

1 9.09%
  • If USH gets Hogwart's Express, can I pretend it's the Ward Kimball!?

0 0%
  • Perhaps USH would get Hogwart's Express eventually....but it would take years

2 18.18%
  • Can I pretenf that the Casey Jr. Curcus Train is Hogwart's Expess?

0 0%
  • How about conjuring up a Big Hogwart's Niountain Thunder Express?

0 0%
  • I'm partial Heimlich's Chew Chew Warthog Express

2 18.18%
  • I'm just too confused now to say....

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Might Upcoming Wizardoing World Incude Hogwart's Ex[ress Train Ride?

I think it possible that a Hogwart's Express will take passengers back and forth between Hogsmead station and elsewhere at Universal Studios. I would hope this would occur sooner rather than later. Would hate to think I'd have to fly to Florida, or (worse yet) reduced to the desperate act of pretending that one of the Disneyland Railroad trains is the Hogwart's Express. It would be quite embarrassing being a Muggle Musketeer.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Might Upcoming Wizardoing World Incude Hogwart's Ex[ress Train Ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I think it possible that a Hogwart's Express will take passengers back and forth between Hogsmead station and elsewhere at Universal Studios. I would hope this would occur sooner rather than later. Would hate to think I'd have to fly to Florida, or (worse yet) reduced to the desperate act of pretending that one of the Disneyland Railroad trains is the Hogwart's Express. It would be quite embarrassing being a Muggle Musketeer.

Yes, Hogwarts Express will transport guests from Hogsmeade (Islands of Adventure) to Diagon Alley (Universal Studios). Its been confirmed by Universal in the Diagon Alley press release a few months back.

Will it transport people to other parts of the two parks? Probably not, as the rest of the parks lands are not Harry Potter related. JK Rowling is VERY protective of her stories and characters. Its very unlikely she would sign off on such an expansion for the Hogwarts express.

Universal Press Release:

https://media.universalorlando.com/P...34442&Ct=27752
    Last edited by Ryan120420; 08-26-2013 at 01:55 AM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    Yes, Hogwarts Express will transport guests from Hogsmeade (Islands of Adventure) to Diagon Alley (Universal Studios). Its been confirmed by Universal in the Diagon Alley press release a few months back.

Will it transport people to other parts of the two parks? Probably not, as the rest of the parks lands are not Harry Potter related. JK Rowling is VERY protective of her stories and characters. Its very unlikely she would sign off on such an expansion for the Hogwarts express.

Universal Press Release:

https://media.universalorlando.com/P...34442&Ct=27752
    Yes,,,,thanks for the info. However, I know that Hogwart's Express will travel back and forth between the Orlando IOA's Wizarding World and USFs Diagon Alley. What I am hoping is that there will be a functional Hogwart's Express at Universal Studios Hollywood that travels between its IOA Park (Hogsmead Station) and Diagon Alley Station at Universal Studios park (proper).
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-26-2013 at 11:13 AM.

• Singing Drinker

Aside from thinking a continent-wide HP-themed train trip would be FREAKING AWESOME if eventually a little much ("Um, 'Draco'? We know you're the 'bad guy' but could someone else use the bathroom now?")...

Within USH I don't see it happening in the initial build, and barring a massive land purchase or demolition and rebuild of the backlot don't see it happening later either - at least not in the format Florida's getting. There's just nowhere really to *go*.

There are ways that the ride could be shoehorned in. An Angel's Flight style ride with the technology they're using at USF might be a good way to get from the top of the hill to an eventual lower lot expansion. More immediately I think it'd wind up being a straight simulator ride - no actual distance travelled, but enter through Muggle themed side and exit through Potter theme and it should work.
    There's nothing like being in heavy rehearsal for a new season to remind you that this isn't just a hobby.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Aside from thinking a continent-wide HP-themed train trip would be FREAKING AWESOME if eventually a little much ("Um, 'Draco'? We know you're the 'bad guy' but could someone else use the bathroom now?")...

Within USH I don't see it happening in the initial build, and barring a massive land purchase or demolition and rebuild of the backlot don't see it happening later either - at least not in the format Florida's getting. There's just nowhere really to *go*.

There are ways that the ride could be shoehorned in. An Angel's Flight style ride with the technology they're using at USF might be a good way to get from the top of the hill to an eventual lower lot expansion. More immediately I think it'd wind up being a straight simulator ride - no actual distance travelled, but enter through Muggle themed side and exit through Potter theme and it should work.
    Great post BogLurch! A shorter train course or a simulator (that has guests entering from Muggle side and exiting into HP land would be far better than no magical express train experience at all! Besides, I just might make the trip to USF, and this would give me a varied train ride experience between the two ride form versions.

I'd say there is a higher possibility of it coming just due to the extra money universal has with the themeparks.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by AlexshowProduction View Post
    I'd say there is a higher possibility of it coming just due to the extra money universal has with the themeparks.
    Now, here's a positive, fact-based projection that I didn't consider. When flush with investment money, USH can find a way to make almost anything happen. I'm hoping for a real outdoor express train ride, rife with cool props and special effects.

• Restless Adventurer

Does this attraction really need that much room? A shorter track and a slower moving train, along with the synchronized film, would give the same effect as Florida's longer track.

The upper lot to the lower lot would be useful(ANYTHING to skip that escalator). Possibly to a potter attraction where that mummy ride is).

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by MrTour View Post
    Does this attraction really need that much room? A shorter track and a slower moving train, along with the synchronized film, would give the same effect as Florida's longer track.
    Very much agree MrTour. The train could travel between its Hogsmead station to a backlot Diagon Alley area. I've heard a rumor that a train functional train engine is being housed in the original Hard Rock Café building, and that tinkering sound effect noises could be heard. Also heard that animation elements are being worked on by crews. Hope somebody can check that out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by eicarr View Post
    The upper lot to the lower lot would be useful(ANYTHING to skip that escalator). Possibly to a potter attraction where that mummy ride is).
    Do you mean the Mummy coaster or the old mummy tunnel? I'm all for fitting the express railway into the upper lot if its doable.