• How Peculiar

Halloween Horror Nights on a Thursday

Hello! So I know for a fact that HHN is crazy crowded on Fridays and Saturdays, or at least has been every time I've attended the event however since I just got into college and no longer have classes on Fridays I was considering going on a Thursday night. Kids and adults have work on Fridays.

So I was wondering if anyone has gone to Horror Nights on a Thursday and found it to be less crowded or easier to maneuver around or more enjoyable.
    Fighting just to survive but you taught me I can.

• Former ODV/SE CM

Re: Halloween Horror Nights on a Thursday

I would also be interested in hearing opinions on this.
    I actually heard this said by a CM over the loud speakers at Big Thunder in 1995, "Please do not sit on the rocks. You will fall...and you will die."

closer to halloween, busier it gets. might want to go this thursday since it is the first one. get here early and do early entry.

Just went last night, and the park was PACKED! It was a sold out Sunday, and the lines definitely reflected that. We got into the park late, and the Tram was already at a 60 minute wait. We hit Evil Dead with a 55 minute wait, and saw that Insidious was a 110 minute line. We skipped that and went for Black Sabbath (45 minute) and Walking Dead (65 minute).

Like i said, we got a late start though, unlike my last trip. I definitely suggest arriving as early as possible, so hopefully you'll have more time to hit everything.

It's going to be busy every night. That is the drawback at having such a small park.

But if you do go on Thursday (Or anyday), get there early. They do a pre-opening where you can either run to the Metro sets, or the Terror Tram before the park opens.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

• Functional & Decorative

You'd be surprised how busy Thursdays can be. Once it gets going (about 9pm), expect 60-100 minute lines or even more, especially as you get closer to Halloween. Get there about 6pm or sooner if you can.

Also recommend doing the lower backlot as soon as possible... the lines for Walking Dead and 13 get very long very quickly. If you can do early entry, go for it.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

When I used to work at HHN (in 2007, 2008, and 2010), I was always shocked how packed weekdays were. They were slow to start but they were always crazy toward the end of my shift.

If you can get there early, I'd highly recommend that.