Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46
  1. #16

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Posts
    152

    Re: Bill & Ted cancelled

    That's it. As of today I hate gays! I'm turning straight now!

    Bill and Ted make fun of everyone.. Why do some gays think they are better than anyone else and can't take a joke about themselves?

    This show is the only reason I have been going to HHN every weekend since 2007, I bring friends and I warn them they about to watch the best worst show ever. Really we only watch Bill and Ted for the half naked dances but as a normal gay person I thought the superman scene was the only actual funny one this year.

    Guess Halloween ended last Sunday for me. Sad times.



  2. #17

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

  3. #18

    • Goofy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in wonderland.
    Posts
    20,653

    Re: Bill & Ted cancelled

    must be one of those politically correct thing right? hopefully not. it sucks that its cancelled

  4. #19

    • Singing Drinker
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,051

    Re: Bill & Ted cancelled

    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    After 7 years of Bill and Ted's this is the first time they have to cancel it.

    About 6 or 7 years ago, Universal Halloween Horror Nights used to have 4 shows - Slaughterworld, Chucky Insult, Magic Show, and Bill and Ted's and now we have zip nada.

    Now starting tomorrow, guests are paying a premium price for Universal with no show whatsoever, whereas, Knotts has 6 shows and lot more mazes for a lot less.

    Lines for mazes and rides will now be a bit longer than usual without the show to eat them up.
    Honestly, from my experience last week it's not going to have a huge effect.

    The lines weren't massive. The park itself listed as sold out, but while the mazes reflected this in 30-120 minute lines the show itself was apparently still seating all the way up through show start.

    I think Universal made a conscious choice to move away from a show experience. There are only so many ways a theme park can do this kind of event, and it's the details that make the difference - plus honestly Knott's has a much larger footprint and more stages to stick shows on.

    It doesn't make Knott's a better or worse experience in general unless you specifically only want that element - for instance, I don't care about the Knott's shows in the slightest and I even have friends who pretty much are the entirety of one of them. I also don't get scared (on the VERY rare moment when a monster decides to go after the 6'5" guy rather than the gaggle of teenagers behind him), and have grown to appreciate design and deco over talent and shows. So for me, Uni's the obvious choice.

    Hopefully, everyone else's mileage varies in some way.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

  5. #20

    • Love HD videos!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water
    Posts
    1,692

    Re: Bill & Ted cancelled

    Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post

    I think Universal made a conscious choice to move away from a show experience. There are only so many ways a theme park can do this kind of event, and it's the details that make the difference - plus honestly Knott's has a much larger footprint and more stages to stick shows on.

    I am a fan of watching shows. I know that there are a lot of people out there that would rather do rides and mazes than watch a show. As for me, I love watching Bill and Teds, and I have been watching Bill and Ted's for the last 7 years. Sometime Bill and Ted's is a great show, sometime it's boring. The reason why I love Bill and Ted so much is because I'm their target audience. I love that they randomly dance for no reason at all.

    I usually watch Bill and Ted's a minimum of 2 times when I go. One at around 10 and the last one is at 2am to end my day. Even watching 2 shows, I was still able to complete all the mazes HHN has to offer. Since I have an annual pass, I usually don't do rides during the Haunt event since I can do the rides during the day.

    I still don't know why Universal doesn't add more than 1 show to its Halloween Haunt lineups like they did 6 years ago. There are still 2 stages at Universal where they could put a show like Animal Actors Stage and WaterWorld. I do believe that when they add more shows, lines will be somewhat not as long because most of the guests will be watching the shows instead of standing in lines.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360


  6. #21

    • Singing Drinker
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,051

    Re: Bill & Ted cancelled

    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    I am a fan of watching shows. I know that there are a lot of people out there that would rather do rides and mazes than watch a show. As for me, I love watching Bill and Teds, and I have been watching Bill and Ted's for the last 7 years. Sometime Bill and Ted's is a great show, sometime it's boring. The reason why I love Bill and Ted so much is because I'm their target audience. I love that they randomly dance for no reason at all.

    I usually watch Bill and Ted's a minimum of 2 times when I go. One at around 10 and the last one is at 2am to end my day. Even watching 2 shows, I was still able to complete all the mazes HHN has to offer. Since I have an annual pass, I usually don't do rides during the Haunt event since I can do the rides during the day.

    I still don't know why Universal doesn't add more than 1 show to its Halloween Haunt lineups like they did 6 years ago. There are still 2 stages at Universal where they could put a show like Animal Actors Stage and WaterWorld. I do believe that when they add more shows, lines will be somewhat not as long because most of the guests will be watching the shows instead of standing in lines.
    *shrugs*

    They very likely haven't added more shows because they don't see a profit motive to do so. Like I said, it very much looks like some time ago Uni intentionally moved to a maze oriented experience with minimalist "scare zones" and limited shows. They run more after dark shows during normal operations than they do HHN (Blues Brothers, Waterworld pretty much everything but Animal Actors runs well after dark when the park is open IIRC).

    I have no personal onus against Haunt shows, but I'm at least appreciative that the budget that would otherwise go to another stage show gets put into multi-story maze sets, more talent etc.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

  7. #22

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    496

    Re: Bill & Ted cancelled

    It seems the order to close the show came directly from the holder of Bill & Ted's rights. They didn't like having their intellectual property associated with homophobia in the press and this was their reaction. They wanted both shows cancelled, but were convinced to leave Orlando's alone after being shown how different the script is. However, Orlando's actors are no longer being given any wiggle room with ad-libs and must stick strictly the script. What this means for future shows is anyone's guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    I've never seen the Florida version of Bill & Ted... is their script just as edgy/controversial? Have they ever had any problems with public outcry?
    Yes. The show was in the news just last year because of the presidential election rap battle. Multiple conservative propaganda articles popped up claiming the entire show was a pro-Obama rally of some sort (it was a single scene) and that it somehow defamed Lord Romney. They decided to kowtow to the angry Republicans by rewriting the scene.

    But most of the trouble they've had in the past revolves around various studios getting angry over the use of their IPs and threatening to sue. Disney was one such studio. They even fired one actor who spoofed Jack Sparrow in the show, as he was also playing the character at WDW. Like I said before, the show has seen a number of mid-event changes due to stuff like this. It's why Orlando started cracking down on filming a while back. Hollywood made the mistake of not following suit.

  8. #23

    • Internet.Serious Business
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    Posts
    4,824

    Re: Bill & Ted cancelled

    Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    Hollywood made the mistake of not following suit.
    That may not have helped in the case of the Vice review. The reviewer still would have thought it to be terrible. Even with all of the warnings the show comes with. Its offensive to be offensive, but that still doesn't sit well with everyone that do not heed the warnings. In this case this year, it got "press" for it.

  9. #24

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,162

    Re: Bill & Ted cancelled

    The only offensive thing about Bill and Teds this year is that people actually got paid to write this years show.
    Jeff Wayne







  10. #25

    • a wind to shake the stars
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    935

    Re: Bill & Ted cancelled

    If the Vice review is even close to accurate then the show sounds like it was absolutely terrible. A bunch of pop culture references do not a quality script make. I haven't seen the show so I can't speak to it being offensive but honestly the jokes that the Vice reviewer mentions are pretty offensively unfunny on their own.

  11. #26

    • Rides against injustice
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sun Valley,CA
    Posts
    1,087

    Re: Bill & Ted cancelled

    I wonder if "The Hanging" at Knott's will make any reference to this in their remaining shows? There was a "Bill and Ted" joke at the beginning of this years show that they may have to rewrite
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

  12. #27

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,204

    Re: Bill & Ted cancelled

    Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    If the Vice review is even close to accurate then the show sounds like it was absolutely terrible. A bunch of pop culture references do not a quality script make. I haven't seen the show so I can't speak to it being offensive but honestly the jokes that the Vice reviewer mentions are pretty offensively unfunny on their own.
    That is exactly what it was. Just to give some sort of idea what the content was - they referenced Michael Jackson in 2013.

  13. #28

    • Singing Drinker
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,051

    Re: Bill & Ted cancelled

    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    That is exactly what it was. Just to give some sort of idea what the content was - they referenced Michael Jackson in 2013.
    Eh, according to my SO that sort of low hanging fruit made it into the Hanging at KBF as well.

    Part of why I don't bother with Haunt shows - they've devolved to the Seltzberg/Friedman "comedy" stylings of "look! Celebrity (impersonator)! Now we kill them! Isn't that funny?"
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

  14. #29

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,204

    Re: Bill & Ted cancelled

    Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Eh, according to my SO that sort of low hanging fruit made it into the Hanging at KBF as well.

    Part of why I don't bother with Haunt shows - they've devolved to the Seltzberg/Friedman "comedy" stylings of "look! Celebrity (impersonator)! Now we kill them! Isn't that funny?"
    The worst part is, I found that myself and my friend were the only ones looking around wondering why everyone else thought the humor was so good..

  15. #30

    • Sorcerer Supreme Bean
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: Bill & Ted cancelled

    So depictions of extreme violence is ok, but a crude joke is crossing the line?

    Thought the entire event was an "Adults-only" kinda thing.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure 2013 Audio
    By KingEric in forum Universal Studios Florida
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-22-2013, 08:49 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 06:32 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 11:41 PM
  4. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure - Caught Fire - Video - Hollywood
    By SoCalbma in forum Universal Studios California
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-2009, 09:37 PM
  5. [Video] Fireworks started a Fire at Universal Horror Night - Bill and Ted's Show
    By SoCalbma in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2009, 02:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •