Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Singing Drinker

Re: Bill & Ted cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    So depictions of extreme violence is ok, but a crude joke is crossing the line?

Thought the entire event was an "Adults-only" kinda thing.
    If it *was* the rights holder having issues with the content, it's unknown as to why they pulled the trigger on this show when the same basic joke cycle's been apparently in the show for a few years. I'd guess either they weren't aware until the press coverage hit, or the press coverage gave them cold feet they wouldn't have had otherwise.

As to "adults only" - I could wish. My experience on both sides of the mask sadly contradicts that. I've been asked to remove my mask so that the screaming INFANT IN ITS STROLLER would hopefully stop screaming it's head off. Umm, lady? You brought AN UNFORMED HUMAN BRAIN INTO WHAT IS LITERALLY A RECREATION OF A WORST NIGHTMARE. What did you THINK was going to happen? And how is looking at my face - my sweaty face with eyeblack running down to my collar, bruises from being punched by customers, the killing fury in my eyes from having to deal with your deeply negligent parenting - how is THAT going to help?

HHN this past weekend had many children as well - the teenagers are one thing, but when you're looking at a family with an obviously terrified and VERY MUCH not OK with things eight year old? How is that not child abuse?

Er.

Um.

Sorry about that. Pet peeve.
    There's nothing like being in heavy rehearsal for a new season to remind you that this isn't just a hobby.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    If it *was* the rights holder having issues with the content, it's unknown as to why they pulled the trigger on this show when the same basic joke cycle's been apparently in the show for a few years. I'd guess either they weren't aware until the press coverage hit, or the press coverage gave them cold feet they wouldn't have had otherwise.

As to "adults only" - I could wish. My experience on both sides of the mask sadly contradicts that. I've been asked to remove my mask so that the screaming INFANT IN ITS STROLLER would hopefully stop screaming it's head off. Umm, lady? You brought AN UNFORMED HUMAN BRAIN INTO WHAT IS LITERALLY A RECREATION OF A WORST NIGHTMARE. What did you THINK was going to happen? And how is looking at my face - my sweaty face with eyeblack running down to my collar, bruises from being punched by customers, the killing fury in my eyes from having to deal with your deeply negligent parenting - how is THAT going to help?

HHN this past weekend had many children as well - the teenagers are one thing, but when you're looking at a family with an obviously terrified and VERY MUCH not OK with things eight year old? How is that not child abuse?

Er.

Um.

Sorry about that. Pet peeve.
    wow i can't believe they would bring a baby to an event like that. irresponsible behavior in my opinio. in my opinion this was mean for adults especially on halloween and your right this is a contradiction

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    So depictions of extreme violence is ok, but a crude joke is crossing the line?

Thought the entire event was an "Adults-only" kinda thing.
    I'm no prude, this show just sucked. I didn't walk out of it thinking "Wow, that was totally inappropriate!" it was more of "Why would they make it so corny and awful? Why did I sit through that?"

Reading the Vice article sort of put it into clarity for me a bit, but I didn't think the crudeness was that bad. However, all it takes is a little bad press to make something go bye-bye (a la: GAC).

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Yes the rights holder is a Wizard who hates kryptonite.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I have heard that the show was attacked by the pc police. The show is crudely hilarious and Universal should not back down. There's little entertainment value in sameness.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

These kind of decisions show me how lame our society has become. Take a joke people!!!!!! I guess i'll never understand since nothing offends me. I use my own brain to figure out when someone says something hurtful on purpose versus using content to try and make people laugh. This jut ruins it for the rest of the shows following it or even the re-theme of it away from Bill and Ted. Just plain dumb. I liked the show this year I didn't think it was their best but I must have missed whatever it was that caused any commotion. Everyone should be forced to take a class on the late great George Carlin he can teach people how to take a joke!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    This jut ruins it for the rest of the shows following it or even the re-theme of it away from Bill and Ted.
    This is what worries me. It probably wouldn't mean much to Cali audiences, who don't seem to have embraced the show quite the same way, but this whole fiasco possibly just brought an end to a tradition here in Orlando. Because of someone's overreaction to Hollywood's show, ironically.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    This is what worries me. It probably wouldn't mean much to Cali audiences, who don't seem to have embraced the show quite the same way, but this whole fiasco possibly just brought an end to a tradition here in Orlando. Because of someone's overreaction to Hollywood's show, ironically.
    Exactly and it's at 18 and over event that is themed to be scary and more on the adult side it's like complaining if you go to a comedy show.

• Singing Drinker

Exactly and it's at 18 and over event that is themed to be scary and more on the adult side it's like complaining if you go to a comedy show.
    Misconception there.

It's not age limited in any way. It's *suggested* for mature audiences, but there is no hard age limit.
    There's nothing like being in heavy rehearsal for a new season to remind you that this isn't just a hobby.

• Goofy

These kind of decisions show me how lame our society has become. Take a joke people!!!!!! I guess i'll never understand since nothing offends me. I use my own brain to figure out when someone says something hurtful on purpose versus using content to try and make people laugh. This jut ruins it for the rest of the shows following it or even the re-theme of it away from Bill and Ted. Just plain dumb. I liked the show this year I didn't think it was their best but I must have missed whatever it was that caused any commotion. Everyone should be forced to take a class on the late great George Carlin he can teach people how to take a joke!!!!!
    exactly well said. political correct has become the new religion now days. It would not surpise me at all

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I have heard that the show was attacked by the pc police. The show is crudely hilarious and Universal should not back down. There's little entertainment value in sameness.
    I hope they fight back

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    I hope they fight back
    They're going to have to put forth a formidable fight if they do not want to risk a complaint brigade to cause Universal's spineless suits to keep bending to their demands should an attack on the Orlando Bill and Ted's Excellent...um...mess...take place. Complying only risks the perception that Universal is too week to defend itself.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 10-27-2013 at 06:17 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Misconception there.

It's not age limited in any way. It's *suggested* for mature audiences, but there is no hard age limit.
    Awe yes I always forget. Common sense tells me I should bring my 8year old nephew next year. I guess if they put a age limit that would help.

• Singing Drinker

Awe yes I always forget. Common sense tells me I should bring my 8year old nephew next year. I guess if they put a age limit that would help.
    I'm all for an age limit on the event. "You know your own child" yadda yadda, the reality is there are enough people willing to drag their children through these kinds of events regardless of whether or not it's appropriate or damaging to the children.

For whatever reason, maze events tend not to feel the same way. Hell, I've heard of a few that have used under 16 year old volunteers in the past. Not even old enough to hold down a regular job, but hey - here's your corpse to play with. G'night, kid!

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Wait there isnt an age limit for the event? People bring strollers?

I think thats the most scary and disturbing thing of all...
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast