Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Bill & Ted cancelled

Employee info boards went up today saying all remaining shows of this year's B&T have been cancelled. No reason was given though it does say "thoughtful consideration" was taken before the decision was made.

• Singing Drinker

Re: Bill & Ted cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    Employee info boards went up today saying all remaining shows of this year's B&T have been cancelled. No reason was given though it does say "thoughtful consideration" was taken before the decision was made.
    EXTREMELY anecdotal evidence here, but my group was stopped on oury way out of the park Sunday night for a CS survey. We indicated we didn't go see the B&T show due to lack of interest and bad word of mouth - our survey taker perked up at that. We heard the same basic level of input from two other groups (one on either side) taking the survey as well.

It didn't seem like the show went over well this year. Didn't go see it (obviously from above), hopefully they can fix whatever went wrong.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Former ODV/SE CM

We saw the show and enjoyed it. The performers did a great job and put a lot of energy into the dance routines. Reports on Twitter say the show was cancelled due to outcries over a scene with Superman. Some thought it was homophobic.
    I actually heard this said by a CM over the loud speakers at Big Thunder in 1995, "Please do not sit on the rocks. You will fall...and you will die."

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

I'm very disappointed that they canceled Bill and Teds because I've pre-purcahsed the ticket for tomorrow night 10/24/2013 and really want 3 of my friends who haven't seen the show before to watch it.

This will be my second times this month going to Halloween Horror Nights since doing the VIP HHN on 9/22/2013.

If I knew they were canceled, I wouldn't have purchased my tickets in advance.

Since there will be no show, this will create extremely long lines for mazes and rides. The show was used as a people eater. Now we have 0 show. We went from 4 shows 5 or 6 years ago to 0 just today.

Why can't they just remove the supposedly gay skit in Bill and Teds which from what I recalled several weeks ago only lasted a minute?
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    Why can't they just remove the supposedly gay skit in Bill and Teds which from what I recalled several weeks ago only lasted a minute?
    Speculation, but we have no way of knowing what was going on backstage during that moment. Cutting the content might wind up not giving an effect enough time to reset, a performer not enough time to hit their mark, a stage piece not enough time to fly in to place. Additionally, you'd need to bring the cast and at least a tech rehearsal crew in to rehearse the show minus the material - trust me, you don't just cut a bit and run the show unless you *really* wanted to see that cut bit back in the show with half the people remembering it was cut and half running with it. You learn to rely on the rythms of the show for timing and energy conservation, it's really easy to forget and run the bit anyway - or at least throw enough of a hiccup into the proceedings that it's blatantly obvious something was there.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

I'm sad that this was cancelled. It's been edgy every year and from what I've seen, this year was not that much worse than any other year. It is an adult show, and at least in the past when I worked there, they did an announcement before the show saying that some people may be offended by what they see.

I feel horrible for those performers who will now be unemployed.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I thank god I saw this show....yeah it was not the best show but not bad either...they should open shrek to help weed out the lines

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Speculation, but we have no way of knowing what was going on backstage during that moment. Cutting the content might wind up not giving an effect enough time to reset, a performer not enough time to hit their mark, a stage piece not enough time to fly in to place. Additionally, you'd need to bring the cast and at least a tech rehearsal crew in to rehearse the show minus the material - trust me, you don't just cut a bit and run the show unless you *really* wanted to see that cut bit back in the show with half the people remembering it was cut and half running with it. You learn to rely on the rythms of the show for timing and energy conservation, it's really easy to forget and run the bit anyway - or at least throw enough of a hiccup into the proceedings that it's blatantly obvious something was there.
    I really don't buy this. They're professionals, it wouldn't be the end of the world if they had to alter the show in the middle of the run. Orlando has successfully done it a number of times over the years. Cancelling the entire show is an extreme measure that I just don't see any logical explanation for.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    I really don't buy this. They're professionals, it wouldn't be the end of the world if they had to alter the show in the middle of the run. Orlando has successfully done it a number of times over the years. Cancelling the entire show is an extreme measure that I just don't see any logical explanation for.
    If they had more time they'd probably "fix" the show. As it is, the event's over in a week. They'd lose at *least* a day or three on an extremely impacted schedule if the change had no effect except the content on stage - that'd be nearly half the remaining shows anyway.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I think most people rather see it...then everyone not seeing it

• Parking Lot > DCA

• Functional & Decorative

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    As a matter of fact, in this case, they often change the show quite a bit during its run. With it's subject matter generally being pretty current, they really analyze what works and what doesn't. There are lots of people with surveys about the show on most nights, so they can get audience feedback and adjust the show accordingly.

I went the first weekend, and then saw it again last weekend (probably it's last night!). They had completely changed the ending scenes from Justin Bieber to Stewie/Brian. And I know they've done many rewrites in past years. As a performer myself, I was always impressed at how much they'd tinker with the show during the course of its run.

In any case, it does seem the show was largely canceled due to controversy over its homophobic moments. It was also pretty racist and sexist as well. But for me, I figure that's pretty much what I'm in for in seeing the show.

Still, I am surprised they didn't just rewrite the show, and instead opted to cancel it. I feel sorry for all the performers who are now out of the job for no fault of their own--they didn't write the script.

I've never seen the Florida version of Bill & Ted... is their script just as edgy/controversial? Have they ever had any problems with public outcry?
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    In any case, it does seem the show was largely canceled due to controversy over its homophobic moments. It was also pretty racist and sexist as well. But for me, I figure that's pretty much what I'm in for in seeing the show.
    After reading the Vice articles, yeah, that pretty much sounds right. Ouch. Glad we missed it.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

After 7 years of Bill and Ted's this is the first time they have to cancel it.

About 6 or 7 years ago, Universal Halloween Horror Nights used to have 4 shows - Slaughterworld, Chucky Insult, Magic Show, and Bill and Ted's and now we have zip nada.

Now starting tomorrow, guests are paying a premium price for Universal with no show whatsoever, whereas, Knotts has 6 shows and lot more mazes for a lot less.

Lines for mazes and rides will now be a bit longer than usual without the show to eat them up.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Parking Lot > DCA

For me, the show just wasn't funny. It was predicable and the humor felt very high school-ish. I wish I wouldn't have sat through it, especially because we missed a second trip on the Terror Tram to do it.

Oh well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast