Thread: May Trip

• i believe in faeries.

May Trip

Does anyone know how much of the park is going to be under construction in may?

• Under that tree again!

Re: May Trip

A considerable amount. WWoHP is a big project but it's on the edge of the park.

The other areas getting worked on now should be done or wrapping up by your visit. There will probably be a couple spots closed in CityWalk.

Construction should be a major concern.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• i believe in faeries.

sigh... that's what i was afraid of. my husband really wants to check out universal, as he's never been, but i'm not sure this year is the best year to show a newbie.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Avaren View Post
    sigh... that's what i was afraid of. my husband really wants to check out universal, as he's never been, but i'm not sure this year is the best year to show a newbie.

May is a good time to visits since weather is pleasant and crowds are not bad.

The downside is work is being done to get done for summer. Right now the upper area has a bunch of projects going on.

Despicable Me, is getting a little mini land of sorts, but this is progressing well and may be ready for Spring Break if not a May opening is likely.

Some work in the Simpsons area, this should be done for summer, but May is a maybe.

WWoHP, like I said is on and edge of the park, but it will have some work walls around it and cranes in view. But it is on and edge, and not an obstacle to walk around.

The Studio Tour, will likely have work along a part of it. It often has some out of sort things along it so this won't be unusual.

Outside the gates they are building parking areas and hotels, so it will have some construction in spots.

Just don't expect everything to be normal. As it is a rare trip I would still go. After Potter opens it will be time for a second trip, but enjoy before the crowds are a much bigger problem.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• i believe in faeries.

Thank you for all your help! I don't know much about this park, so you really gave me some extra things to think about!

Also, with Despicable Me opening is Spring, expect heavy crowds in the park.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

I just returned from the park. I haven't been for many years and knew much of the park would be under construction. I was surprised it wasn't as bad as I expected.

Yes HP is a huge construction project, but it is pretty much hidden behind a wall at the front of the park. Despicable Me is on the far other side, and you can't really see it unless you walk to the end of the London area. The only part that felt cramped and "in progress" was the Simpsons area, especially trying to get to the studio tram area because there are construction walls on both sides of the walkway.

Hopefully the Simpsons work will be done by May, but if not it is still manageable and didn't really distract from my enjoyment of the park.