Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: HHN 2014 Update Thread

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Mazes 4&5 (pasted from horrornightnightmares)

Atari 2600
    -The hint to solving this codename is a game released for the Atari 2600 system.
    -A signature sound effect is associated with the title (Not certain if it was in the Atari version).
    -Treatment is 90 pages long.

Soap Commercial
    -Contains 47 pages of treatment
    -One of the following statements is false:
    -Hint #1: Part of the title to this maze is also a brand of soap
    -Hint #2: one of the main stars of the horror movie this maze is based on acted in TV commercials before he/she made this film...
    -Hint #3: a famous actress who had a movie released this year makes a cameo in this film....

These are from HHNs twitter
    Murdy said this doesn't necissarily mean we will have only five mazes
    One of the 5 hints was for HOH
    There will be no band/ music maze this year

there was also a tweet sent out from the walking dead comic account that said universal was going in a different direction. This was in response to someone who asked if it was returning for '14 which could mean TWD won't be coming back.
    Thanks for picking up the slack on this thread!

Interesting about the no band/music. RE: The Walking Dead - I can see them going a different route, but at the same time the last two mazes were insanely popular. I wouldn't be super bummed if they didn't have one this year though.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Just a quick recap of what Mr. Murdy has released since imaginashton's last post:

- Terror Tram is complete.
    - 2 of the maze drawings are complete.
    - John and Chris are working on an original concept maze.
    - This maze will not get a codename.
    - Not based on a myth, legend, or historic event
    - Inspired by an NPR story John heard
    - Large movie prop will be involved
    - Has to do with a song about a place written in 1946, been covered many times
    - Three main characters.
    - One inspired by an old commercial John finds disturbing.
    - One inspired by a John Steinbeck novel. A role John actually played himself.
    - One inspired by a psychological condition/how people act with the condition
    - Maze #3 "Beauty is only skin deep" will get some help from one of Murdy's friends.
    - They have finalized the designs for the pick a scare zone fan voting.
    - Working on a "super secret" project that will be a first for HHN.

• Parking Lot > DCA

More Murdy info!

- All material is written and ready
    - "Choose Your Scare" voting for scare zones will launch this week via the Facebook page

Once the voting is done (and most importantly)..

Maze announcement will begin in June and run through August!

• Parking Lot > DCA

They've release the three scare zones that you will be able to vote on starting this Wednesday. Check them out..

Fans will choose their own fate this year at Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood

• Minion

I was teetering between Corps and Mask-A-Raid but I think I'm voting for Mask-A-Raid. Just seems like the most unique option.

• Parking Lot > DCA

I was teetering between Corps and Mask-A-Raid but I think I'm voting for Mask-A-Raid. Just seems like the most unique option.
    Same here. The Ghoulz one wasn't even an option for me.

• Minion

Same. The concept for Ghoulz was the best out of all of them but that concept art just really turned me off the scarezone. It's just...boring

•   
    • Minion

mask a raid for me too!

• Minion

Looks like we're getting an announcement tonight.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Looks like we're getting an announcement tonight.
    Let's hope!

• Parking Lot > DCA

We have an announcement!

The Walking Dead will return to HHN! It looks like the maze will be the same as the last few years, being based on the scariest moments from the previous season. There were some pretty grueling moments on the way to Terminus, so it will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

EDIT: Here is what was just released from the HHN Twitter. I've combined all the tweets into one quote:

"For a time, the fences of the West Georgia Correctional Facility has provided a safe haven for a small band of survivors. But a mysterious new virus has broken out inside the prison, infecting the residents and causing them to "turn" into walkers. Now the fences that kept the walkers out have been destroyed and the walls of the prison have been reduced to a smoldering ruin. The survivors have no choice but to take their chances back out on the road...a journey that will be filled with unimaginable horrors.

Welcome to The Walking Dead: End of the Line, a terrifying new experience inspired by Season 4 of the wildly popular AMC series.

You'll follow in the footsteps of the human survivors on the show as you flee the overrun prison and enter a nightmarish landscape searching for a new promised safe haven that may not be all that it seems. Don't look back...until you reach the end of the line!"
    Name:  c73730ed-3c59-4b6f-80e4-ef5f0cdba2e0_zpsc75fc9b6.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  163.8 KB

Murdy goes on to say:

"It shouldn't be a big surprise that Walking Dead is returning, it's the hottest thing in horror (heck it beat football in the ratings this year). Every year the show gives us new ENVIRONMENTS and CHARACTERS and its AWARENESS if off the chart and keeps growing...its a phenomenon. Its an honor to work with our friends at AMC and particularly the great and talented Greg Nicotero to bring Walking Dead back to HHN.

For those of you who follow the CODE NAMES, this was the code name "ATARI 2600" I said a game on that system had a signature sound effect. I was referring to Pac Man and the key sound effect missing on that game... "Waka Waka Waka" or said another way "Walker Walker Walker". I admit...that is one of the worst hints I've ever given...but hey, the maze didn't leak before the release hit...so...I'll live with that."
    A lot of people don't seem to be too happy with this, but I think they'll do a good job with it. The last two years did not disappoint for me. Not to mention Murdy also said that all the other properties this year have never been featured at the event before, so looks like this is the only "repeat" maze we'll see.

What do you think?
    Last edited by explodingboy; 06-09-2014 at 12:01 PM.

• Minion

Can't say I'm surprised...I just hope it doesn't stop the possibility of AHS coming

• Functional & Decorative

Ugh, more Walking Dead. Personally, I am over it. However, the mazes do not seemed to have slowed down with the GP... the lines were long all the time. I just hope this is the last year. It sort of gives the impression they just can't think of anything better.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Minion

Yea it's defiantly popular. Last year the line went up to 80 in mere minutes and it was only early entry.

• Certified in everything

As much as I would like to see more original stuff/non-repeats, can't place an ounce of blame on Universal for doing this… its clearly the biggest hit the event has ever had. The first two mazes were different enough that I'm fine with it.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast