Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: HHN 2014 Update Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    As much as I would like to see more original stuff/non-repeats, can't place an ounce of blame on Universal for doing this… its clearly the biggest hit the event has ever had. The first two mazes were different enough that I'm fine with it.
    That's how I feel, too.

• Singing Drinker

I'm kinda looking forward to this year's WD maze. I became a fan the first year I went through the maze, and now it's become a sort of teaser for coming seasons as well as a decent zombie attraction.

There are elements - the now-extensive walkthrough areas on Terror Tram that make it a MUCH more worthwhile exclusion, the backlot "scarezone" (honestly, meh) and the mazes this past season - that I don't believe would have happened without the WD property and the budget (and draw) it commands. I'm looking forward to seeing what they bring out for this season, there was as usual a lot of change towards the end of the season for them to play with.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

So do we know how many mazes were getting this year?

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    So do we know how many mazes were getting this year?
    I don't think they've said yet, but I could be mistaken. I do know that aside from the Walking Dead maze every other franchise will be brand new to Horror Nights.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

There should be more than the usual 6 mazes, since the website says "more murderous mazes than ever."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    There should be more than the usual 6 mazes, since the website says "more murderous mazes than ever."
    I hope because that was my main concern this year and the next is they wont be having that many mazes....and by all account they only have 4 mazes I care about since the Tram and house of horrors dont really try any more

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I hope because that was my main concern this year and the next is they wont be having that many mazes....and by all account they only have 4 mazes I care about since the Tram and house of horrors dont really try any more
    Don't write the Tram off too quickly... I was of the same opinion until last year. They added several constructed walkthrough areas in addition to more in the open walking paths; it was a radical improvement even over the previous year's Walking Dead tram. They still haven't really found a decent way to utilize the War of the Worlds set, but proximity to the Bates complex kinda forces it into the mix.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Parking Lot > DCA

The latest news from Murdy:

Happy Monday. Quick update. We are now in construction on 3 mazes (started maze behind Mummy today). Next announcement is a few weeks away!

Bill and Ted was not included in the Auditions page that went up today. But there is not any show that is being cast so what do you think?

http://www.universal...ition-calendar/

• Singing Drinker

If B&T don't make the cut this year, I won't honestly miss it. The golden years are (sadly, like the KBF Hanging) long behind them.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Bill and Ted was not included in the Auditions page that went up today. But there is not any show that is being cast so what do you think?

http://www.universal...ition-calendar/
    I know there was some issues last year, other than the fact that it was not a good show in any way. Could it be possible that they use the same people every year for the show? It would sort of make sense to re-use the cast I suppose..

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    If B&T don't make the cut this year, I won't honestly miss it. The golden years are (sadly, like the KBF Hanging) long behind them.
    100%!

• Functional & Decorative

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Could it be possible that they use the same people every year for the show? It would sort of make sense to re-use the cast I suppose..
    No. Granted, there are a few people that are often cast (the two leads come to mind), but the rest of the show changes so much from year to year depending on the current pop references, as well as cast availability, you must audition. That's Hollywood, baby. So the lack of an audition is interesting news.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    No. Granted, there are a few people that are often cast (the two leads come to mind), but the rest of the show changes so much from year to year depending on the current pop references, as well as cast availability, you must audition. That's Hollywood, baby. So the lack of an audition is interesting news.
    Thanks for the clarification!

• Minion

I'm pretty sure the facade in JP is the Slaughtered Lamb

Random post..but here are the current rumors/speculation (borrowed from HNN)

•TWD (obviously)
    •AWIL
    the hints for soap commercial match up fairly well with this property
    •Dracula Untold
    HHN Orlando's sources are conforming this as a house in irlando. Considering its a Universal Property it will most likely be shared. Somewhat fits code name Empire. Probably going into HoH
    •Alien VS Predator
    HHN Orlando's sources are also confirming this as a house in Orlando. Fans have been asking for Alien for years, but can be done do to budget restrictions (mainly sets). AVP would be easier to do due to the Mayan temple setting. The request for alien would constitute this as a freak out maze, and it would make sense that we would share a freak out property with Orlando. The property fits the hints for code name "beauty is only skin deep" fairly well.

Besides the original maze, the other properties are up in the air. Some of the properties being speculated on are the Conjuring, Cabin in the Woods, and from dusk til dawn (the tv show) amoung others.

• Singing Drinker

Didn't they already do Cabin in the Woods?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast