Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: HHN 2014 Update Thread

Orlando did, not hollywood

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    I'm pretty sure the facade in JP is the Slaughtered Lamb

Random post..but here are the current rumors/speculation (borrowed from HNN)

•TWD (obviously)
    •AWIL
    the hints for soap commercial match up fairly well with this property
    •Dracula Untold
    HHN Orlando's sources are conforming this as a house in irlando. Considering its a Universal Property it will most likely be shared. Somewhat fits code name Empire. Probably going into HoH
    •Alien VS Predator
    HHN Orlando's sources are also confirming this as a house in Orlando. Fans have been asking for Alien for years, but can be done do to budget restrictions (mainly sets). AVP would be easier to do due to the Mayan temple setting. The request for alien would constitute this as a freak out maze, and it would make sense that we would share a freak out property with Orlando. The property fits the hints for code name "beauty is only skin deep" fairly well.

Besides the original maze, the other properties are up in the air. Some of the properties being speculated on are the Conjuring, Cabin in the Woods, and from dusk til dawn (the tv show) amoung others.
    Wow! That is some serious digging!!

I also read the latest MiceChat Universal update, and they mentioned the Terror Tram being themed to the Walking Dead again. I was under the impression that the maze was the only repeat property we'd get, but I assumed wrong. This is a quote from Norm in response to my question in the article:

To quote the actual press release…
    This year, Universal Studios Hollywood will bring multiple interactive experiences from “The Walking Dead” to life throughout its “Halloween Horror Nights” event. “The Walking Dead: The End of the Line” will channel the many iconic scenes from Season 4 into a new maze, inviting guests to encounter the terror they viewed from afar. From infected walkers whose bleeding eyes struck a new chord of fear throughout the prison to the walker-filled tunnel on the crusade to Terminus, the ominous attraction will evoke a countless barrage of distressing images that will traumatize guests over and over again. The contemporary urban city streets, towering skyscrapers, brick-faced facades and industrial exterior movie sets that make up Universal Studios’ world-famous production facilities will serve as the backdrop location for this all-new, frighteningly realistic maze. Swarms of walkers will also reawaken in an all-new terrifying scare-zone located adjacent to the maze.

The engrossing cult favorite television series will seep into other parts of Universal’s backlot with, predatory walkers prowling the secluded wooded areas of the movie studio. “Terror Tram: Invaded by the Walking Dead” will send guests on the daunting path to Terminus, interspersed with landmarks and walkers from Season 4, including the “burned moonshine cabin,” “charred walkers” and “mud walkers.”
    Yep its on the Terror Tram

• Minion

Yup, the scarezone is coming back too (btw I didn't come up with those solutions on my own lol pretty much all of them are things other people have found haha)

also, It's pretty clear that the facade is the slaughtered lamb now

https://mobile.twitter.com/insideuni...733248/photo/1

• Minion

From boneyard FX

"We welcome Steve Winsett as our first Costuming/creature suit tech for HHN 2014!"

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Yup, the scarezone is coming back too (btw I didn't come up with those solutions on my own lol pretty much all of them are things other people have found haha)

also, It's pretty clear that the facade is the slaughtered lamb now

https://mobile.twitter.com/insideuni...733248/photo/1
    It sure looks like it!

• Minion

From Dusk Til Dawn (TV series) has been announced, not sure if it was purposly done though to be honest, since the announcement videos were recently made private

Edit: someone reuploaded it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn52e-vkPAI
    Last edited by imaginashton; 07-12-2014 at 12:47 PM.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Yeah, the Horror Nights Twitter just confirmed From Dusk till Dawn this morning.

"After a botched bank heist in Texas leaves a trail of dead bodies, career criminals THE GECKO BROTHERS make a break for the Mexican border. The Gecko Brothers plan to rendezvous with Carlos at his night club...things go from bad to worse! Step inside the TWISTER an exotic nightclub that conceals a terrifying secret. The star attraction is dancer SANTANICO PANDEMONIUM. What the Gecko Brothers don't know is that Santanico, Carlos and the shady denizens of the nightclub are actually "CULEBRAS" - snake like vampires that have existed for centuries, & the club sits on top of an ancient temple containing a labyrinth of horrors! You'll find the Twister at the place where the dead roads meet it's open...from DUSK TILL DAWN!"
    Name:  be6440b8-46d4-4648-bd4e-c9a5ed922208_zps71a65890.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  152.5 KB

Last edited by explodingboy; 07-14-2014 at 09:28 AM.

• Functional & Decorative

I personally never really got into this franchise, but I know it does have many fans, so I can see how it would be a good choice.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Minion

Looks like both Orlando and hollywood are getting an announcement today. Murdy said Teen Spirit is the next to be announced and is going in HOH. Most people are thinking HOH will be Face Off related since Orlando is rumored to have a Face Off related zone. Also this

"Who needs FACEtime, when you have Snapchat"

and this

https://twitter.com/HorrorNightsORL/status/489442111834431489

here's the snapchat if you're interested

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    I personally never really got into this franchise, but I know it does have many fans, so I can see how it would be a good choice.
    My hope is that they base it around the more accessible moments. The bad version of this is something like the InSIDious 2 maze from USH last year. I'd never seen the source material. As a result, several of the gigs that should have been at the least deeply unsettling were instead a little funny (seriously, Tiny Tim as the soundtrack for Darth Maul sewing should be a minor surrealist comedy masterpiece).
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Minion

• Parking Lot > DCA

I think that FaceOff is an interesting concept for a maze. Should be fun to see how that unfolds.

• Singing Drinker

Wait, am I reading this right? Music by Figure (the guy who did Remix's music last year)...

Is Face Off going into Remix? That... makes it a lot more intriguing if true...
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Wait, am I reading this right? Music by Figure (the guy who did Remix's music last year)...

Is Face Off going into Remix? That... makes it a lot more intriguing if true...
    Yep!

Figure is really rad. I am pretty excited for this one.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Yep!

Figure is really rad. I am pretty excited for this one.
    I'd been trying to figure out how they were going to do Face Off (Uni's pretty dedicated to story mazes, even to the point of trying to graft them on to the music ones). Remix should be a good fit. Hopefully they design the makeup around the character locations... that could be pretty amazing.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast