Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: HHN 2014 Update Thread

A new scare zone was just announced:

We're thrilled to be working with our friends @blumhouse to bring The Purge back to HHN, the new scare zone is based on the new film...Since the film is in the theaters & I don't want to give away any spoilers, i'll just tell you that there are a lot of different characters. The gang you see in the trailer? Yep, they will all be in the scare zone along with the paramilitary guys and some "other" characters...We always have a "talking" character at HHN, let's just say that you might be "auctioned off" for the purge!

The Purge will also factor into our opening "Scare-a-mony" and will be the theme of the GoGos, everyone is getting into the purge spirit!
    Name:  09a55c0d-fa73-48da-8ec7-3e53d437d6c5_zpsd4696114.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  96.0 KB

This is good news as far as I'm concerned. Last year was a blast.
    Last edited by explodingboy; 07-22-2014 at 08:03 AM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^I mean I didn't like the film (not scary at all) but I think it could make a good maze...yet they keep making it a stupid scare zone

• Parking Lot > DCA

Another quick post Murdy..

HHN 2014 Update: 5 mazes are now in construction. The furthest along is the maze in JP queue. That maze will start props/dressing soon...Make up is wrapping up characters for From Dusk Till Dawn, Face Off & Walking Dead, working on all the movie related mazes now...
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^I mean I didn't like the film (not scary at all) but I think it could make a good maze...yet they keep making it a stupid scare zone
    I haven't seen it yet, but last year's opening scare-a-mony was awesome. I really thought that that whole scare zone was cool. I am hoping this year's is a ramped up version of it.

• Singing Drinker

My view was two problems with the scare zone.

First, they really haven't nailed "scare zones" at HHN yet. I'm holding up Knott's Ghost Town and the original Camp Snoopy streets as gold standards here... Uni doesn't give their talent the hiding spots, lighting or set design that Knott's has. I know part of it is an unwillingness to commit quite so heavily that it deforms the daytime experience more than it currently does, but it means that they're very limited in what they can give their street characters to work with.

Second, "Purge" was limited to one house. Uni kinda got stuck trying to portray what was going on outside of the movie when the movie really had no interest. The sequel is ALL about what is going on out in the streets - IF USH is willing to pony up the money for a Scare Zone, there's good potential.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Minion

I just saw The Purge: Anarchy last night and though it was great and can't wait too see the scarezone.
    Jeff Wayne

• Minion

I'd rather them not waste maze space on that movie. It's fine as a scarezone

• Parking Lot > DCA

Not really a lot to update on currently. Auditions are still taking place, and I assume we'll get a few more announcements in the next couple of weeks. Tickets are expected to go on sale mid-August..

• Parking Lot > DCA

Alien VS Predator was just announced as a maze theme for this year:

"Since man first turned his eyes to the heavens, the question has persisted... Are we alone? Is there something else out there? The idea that extraterrestrials may one-day visit our planet, if they haven't already done so, has been debated for eons. Some prefer to think of these visitors as benevolent creatures...Others as violent invaders! Now that question is about to be answered. A SPACESHIP has crash landed in a forest in a remote section of America. The ship belonged to a hunter race of aliens known as PREDATORS. Unfortunately, the ship was carrying life form samples of another ALIEN species, a species that uses human hosts to propagate their kind. Now those lifeforms have escaped into the countryside and a battle between the hunters and their prey is inevitable. Unfortunately, when these two ancient enemies clash...Humanity is caught in the crossfire.

Welcome to AVP: Alien Vs Predator, a terrifying new experience where rival alien species fight to the death with Earth as their battleground. Featuring mind blowing special effects and the two most iconic movie properties in the horror/science-fiction genre...ALIEN and PREDATOR."
    Name:  bc3f8991-187f-4c16-9b0f-be8c8e1e3568_zpsad024192.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  242.4 KB

Last edited by explodingboy; 08-05-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Just got the email. Not my favorite franchise choice but it has promise. Sad about the loss of the classic monster attraction.
    Now I wait for tickets to be released so I can VIP at the end of september for my Halloween kickoff.

• Minion

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Was that you he replied to?

• Parking Lot > DCA

New maze just announced:

Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood

Dracula! Everyone knows the story of the Transylvanian count who feeds on human blood but few people know it was based on a real man! His name was Vlad Tepes, he ruled the area we know today as Transylvania in the 13th century. Vlad was a blood thirsty tyrant! Vlad was known for taking sadistic pleasure in watching his victims suffer. So much so history gave him a second name, Vlad the Impaler!

It is said that over 100,000 people perished during his reign, most by his preferred method of punishment...being impaled alive! But Vlad was something else to his subjects, a hero who bravely faced the Turkish hordes in order to protect his homeland. It was during this faithful time that Vlad was forced to make a terrible choice; to embrace the dark side of vampirsm and gain unholy power. But there is a price for such a power...eternal damnation! Once a vampire feeds, the thirst for blood never ends...

Now the horrific story of Vlad can be told. Welcome to Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood, a terrifying new maze based on the upcoming film...
    Name:  88799790-d19e-444c-b4b9-c6adb657474a_zpsda8da55e.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  169.2 KB
    Last edited by explodingboy; 08-07-2014 at 07:09 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Was that you he replied to?
    no haha but I still wish we could see that someday

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Well thats a surprise with the movie comming out durring Oct as well
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Functional & Decorative

At ScareLA today, they finally announced officially American Werewolf in London maze. And they did it with guest John Landis, who spoke about his experiences with the movies and maze for the hour. It was very entertaining, and he was a great speaker, although they did limit the topic to that one maze only.

During Q&A, someone asked what shows were going to be there (immediately after it had been requested to keep all questions related to the film or AWIL maze). They sighed, mostly ignored her, but did hint there is one final surprise announcement to come. Make of that what you will.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast