Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Re: HHN 2014 Update Thread

I heard this was a good one in Orlando so I am excited

• Minion

from ITM's twitter

• Minion

also, looks like we are getting a show after all, probably not B&T (thankfully imo)

https://twitter.com/TheChrisGlass/st...74905685082113

https://twitter.com/InsideTheMagic/s...73575226286080

• Parking Lot > DCA

I was at the ScareLA panel today. John Landis showing up was SO awesome. I am very excited for this maze!!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Just announced from the Horror Nights Twitter. We have ticket info!

The Killer Deal/Multi-Night Passes will be offered again this year. They go on sale this Friday (8/15). General admission tickets will go on sale next week. No official date has been announced for that just yet.

Quick update and then back to walking mazes. Many people have asked about the Killer Deal (aka Frequent Fear) pass we offer. I have some info. Once upon a time that pass was part of our general ticket mix but it got axed years ago as the event got more popular...BUT....the last few years we have offered a limited number of those passes early to the HARD CORE FANS OF HHN WHO WOULD DIE IF THEY DIDN'T GET IT.

So Killer Deal aka Frequent Fear has become the much coveted "Golden Ticket" of HHN...limited number but we tweet the info to you first. Happy to say there will still be the Killer Deal/Multi Night passes offered again this year...in fact there will be TWO DIFFERENT VERSIONS. As in the year's past, there will be a special link that we will do just for the social media fans (HHN Facebook and Twitter). These always go on sale before general tickets go on sale...when...well a little birdie told me this Friday at 10 AM so plan ahead...

So you heard it here first...Killer Deal Night (AKA Frequent Fear AKA Multi Night Pass) will go on sale this FRIDAY AT 10 AM. General tickets will go on sale next week...but if you want to buy the Multi Night passes...that's what's going on sale Friday...10 AM PST.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Final maze announcement, folks! Drumroll...

Clowns 3D: Music by Slash!

We interrupt this broadcast to bring you a message from SWEET LICKS THE CLOWN.

"Hurry...hurry...hurry! Today and today only, get your free ice cream with every ticket to Sweet Licks Family Fun Center and Ice Cream Emporium! That's right boys and girls...FREE ICE CREAM...Delicious and nutritious, ALL NATURAL..HIGH PROTIEN...get some yummies for your tummies. Turn that frown upside down with tasty treat! Sweet Licks Frozen Clown Pops! It's all FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Hurry down to Sweet Licks Family Fun Center & Ice Cream Emporium! Just step inside and the fun begins! Get yours before they're all gone!"

Hard times have fallen on Sweet Licks the Clown, the proprietor of "Sweet Licks Family Fun Center and Ice Cream Emporium." The country's obsession with low calorie diet fads have crippled the formerly successful ice cream factory/roadside attraction. Sweet Lick's failing company is down to just 2 employees, his mentally challenged son Bubba and his psychologically damaged daughter Cutty. With Sweet Lick's company teetering on the verge of bankruptcy, something drastic must be done to save the family business! But you can never keep a clown down for long and Sweet Licks has come up with an ingenious plan to pump some life into his slumping sales.

The solution...a fabulous publicity stunt that will generate renewed interest in his moribund company. FREE ICE CREAM!!!! For one day only, Sweet Licks is offering free tickets to his amusement center and free ice cream for all! What the unsuspecting public don't know is Sweet Lick's publicity stunt is really a murderous plot...a plot to create a new brand of "All Natural High Protein" ice cream using people as the key ingredient! But who will serve Sweet Lick's ice cream? The United States is experiencing a "clown crisis" with trade membership at an all time low! But Sweet Licks has a plan for this too..create a new clown work force by stitching together the discarded body parts of his human victims! With hordes of hungry guests already lining up, the irresistible temptation of free ice cream has proved to be the perfect trap!

I SCREAM...YOU SCREAM...WE ALL SCREAM FOR...ICE CREAM!
    Name:  5f2c7efc-9ce4-4c6c-8ed1-6064bde84776_zpsce608800.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  165.5 KB

This teaser was posted last night. I recommend having your volume turned down a bit..

Instagram

USA Today wrote an article about it, and technically revealed it this morning. If you want to read the write up you can see that here.
    Last edited by explodingboy; 08-14-2014 at 04:10 PM.

• Minion

Two scare zones were announced today

Dark Christmas
    Universal describes this zone thusly: "...demonic creatures hunt disobedient children and drag them to hell." That doesn't exactly sound like it will be in the Christmas spirit, now does it?

Skullz
    This zone will introduce Wendingo, a lovely sounding chap from Native American lore. He is a half-beast monster who's got a jones for human flesh.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    also, looks like we are getting a show after all, probably not B&T (thankfully imo)

https://twitter.com/TheChrisGlass/st...74905685082113

https://twitter.com/InsideTheMagic/s...73575226286080
    Why would they cancel Bill and Ted...its a full house when ever Ive gone there in the past 5 years

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Why would they cancel Bill and Ted...its a full house when ever Ive gone there in the past 5 years
    I didn't think the show was all that great, personally. I only saw last year's though. Also, wasn't there some controversy with the show too? 5 years is a good run. I am not opposed to a new show offering.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^its been around years before that i'm just saying since ive been going to the event the show has always been packed and most enjoy it.....every year they go a little too far with a joke or two and have to cut them but besides that (or too much fire) I don't see why they would not have the show back this year

• Functional & Decorative

That controversy from last year was pretty severe, as you may recall. Severe enough for them to cancel the show mid-way through the season, which was unprecedented. I don't think they'd want the negative publicity again should they decide to bring B&T back.

Plus, although I never have seen the Orlando version of B&T, from what I understand, the one here never really gathered the same momentum and fan frenzy theirs did.

At ScareLA (which is where those tweets got their information), they did say there was one final announcement. To me, that has turned out to be the Klowns maze. While the topic of a possible show was brought up, it was brought up by an audience member, and egged on by Landis. I'm suspecting Landis was just playing along, and probably has no idea if there's a show or not... I'd guess he'd mostly be concerned with his own maze. The show rumor has since gathered steam as if the panel actually said something about a show... but really, they never did, they basically blew the question off. I think people are just hearing what they want to hear.

That said, maybe a show of some sort will be announced after all. Who knows? But if they do, I think it'd be a stretch to say it was truly hinted at the ScareLA event.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^its been around years before that i'm just saying since ive been going to the event the show has always been packed and most enjoy it.....every year they go a little too far with a joke or two and have to cut them but besides that (or too much fire) I don't see why they would not have the show back this year
    Point still standing, the show went on for like 2 years in the late 90's and then again from 07-13. That's a good run for a show, no matter what way you slice it. Even if it didn't receive the controversy I would still not be super upset if a new show was given a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    That controversy from last year was pretty severe, as you may recall. Severe enough for them to cancel the show mid-way through the season, which was unprecedented. I don't think they'd want the negative publicity again should they decide to bring B&T back.

Plus, although I never have seen the Orlando version of B&T, from what I understand, the one here never really gathered the same momentum and fan frenzy theirs did.

At ScareLA (which is where those tweets got their information), they did say there was one final announcement. To me, that has turned out to be the Klowns maze. While the topic of a possible show was brought up, it was brought up by an audience member, and egged on by Landis. I'm suspecting Landis was just playing along, and probably has no idea if there's a show or not... I'd guess he'd mostly be concerned with his own maze. The show rumor has since gathered steam as if the panel actually said something about a show... but really, they never did, they basically blew the question off. I think people are just hearing what they want to hear.

That said, maybe a show of some sort will be announced after all. Who knows? But if they do, I think it'd be a stretch to say it was truly hinted at the ScareLA event.
    I was at that ScareLA panel as well. Sort of ironic how Murdy specifically wanted questions geared towards AWiL and the first question was about something entirely different. Landis definitely didn't know about a show, but his response to Murdy shutting down the question probably made it seem like he knew something that we didn't.

I am sure we'll get a show announcement within a week or so. Tickets are expected to go on sale "later in the week" so it would only make sense to announce everything you have to offer around this time too.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Murdy just tweeted that general tickets should go on sale today..

• Parking Lot > DCA

From the Facebook page.

Someone asked if they will be doing the Bill and Ted show this year, and the response was this:

This year, Universal Studios Hollywood will be "More Dead Than Ever" with even more mazes than before, and we look forward to scaring guests with our slate of all-new haunted attractions inspired by today's most terrifying movies and television shows. The Bill and Ted show will not be included in the event.
    So there you have it.

I had heard on Screamscape last year that Universal signed a deal for both parks to run Bill and Ted for the next 5 years. 2014 also marks the 25th anniversary of the movie.

Perhaps a year off to re-tool the event? What say you?
    Last edited by explodingboy; 08-20-2014 at 12:33 PM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^well fudge....really No show sucks.....I like getting a break and watching a show

Heck....while knotts is trying out a new game for there parks universal takes away entertainment...this could be my last horror nights

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast