Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Parking Lot > DCA

HHN 2014 Update Thread

I am sure most of you follow Horror Nights on Twitter, and if you do you've noticed that John Murdy who runs the account has already posted quite a few hints for some of this years mazes.

I figured this could be a mega thread of sorts where we can discuss the ever so difficult hints he drops and talk about what we want/think will come to Horror Nights this year. Below in quotes are tweets he's sent out - I figure that's easier than linking to every single one.

Maze #1:

Okay here's a hint. Every maze has its own unique challenge. For this particular maze there are several challenges… costumes is one
    This maze also has challenging scenic environments and a complicated story to communicate without using dialogue. Sound effects will be key
    You may think you know it but you don't. It's something we've never done before. Normally I wouldn't do it but I felt like a challenge...
    The code name for the 1st maze is "Malcolm" Why? Well the hint is specific to a famous Malcolm...it will all make sense later. Stay Tuned
    Okay here's the first hint about the maze code-named "Malcolm" This maze is not based on a TV show or a video game...
    The code name refers to a "famous" Malcolm. He could be living, dead, fictional, Something about his career is the hint to the maze theme...
    Here's your first hint. "location, location, location." Geography plays a role in this maze. The setting is well-known to horror fans.
    Here's your next hint. You're going to have to do some research to figure this one out. It comes in the form of the short, true story...
    I started at Universal as a tour guide in 1989, that year I gave the VIP tour to one of the most famous people in the world at that time...
    … I'll narrow it down for you. That famous person was a musician. One of his albums is a hint to the theme of the maze... Who was he?
    This will be your last hint for the maze code-named "Malcolm" The title of the song sung by one of the "X-Men" God that's evil! LOL #carny
    That's all the hints for "Malcolm" Since I'm an evil carny of course there's a evil twist, one of the hints could be a red herring...(gasp)
    So, that is Maze #1 "Malcolm" as we know it..

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: HHN 2014 Update Thread

Maze #2:

Just successfully pitched maze #2 so locking that one in, finishing treatment this weekend. Expecting some other good news any second...
    Remember when I told you there was a property I was chasing that would make fans totally freak out? Prepare to freak out! Happy Friday!
    The codename for maze #2 is "Teen Spirit" Of course the codename is a riddle like everything else, so get ready for some hints..
    Aside from horror movies, Universal is famous for another genre of film… The Teen Comedy... Which is the inspiration for this codename...
    To solve the codename "Teen Spirit" you first have to find an actor who appeared in a famous Universal Teen Comedy...
    Once you find the actor, you'll find the theme for this maze. Part of the title of the maze, is also one of this actors credits...
    Here's a few hints, so you don't drive yourselves crazy searching every Universal comedy ever made... This one takes place in high school.
    Here's another hint… it's a movie I saw in a movie theater when it came out. I was either old enough to see it...or I snuck in...
    Here's your last hint… sorry this one's going to be really obscure..."a movie title that has something to do with poker" #evil#carny
    I also told you that part of the name of this maze can be found in this actor's credits... But there's something I didn't tell you about HIM
    … I once met this actor… in a mosh pit, literally. The year was 1985. It was at a show for my favorite Irish band of all time...
    …This band was famous for combining traditional Irish music with punk rock...Now here's the hint…
    The actor you're looking for was with a famous friend of his that night… They are both alumni's of the same high school.. Who could it be?
    And there is Maze #2 "Teen Spirit"

• Parking Lot > DCA

Maze #3. John and Chris also had a panel this past weekend at Monsterpalooza in Burbank, and after the panel he started dropping his cryptic hints for this maze.

Maze #3 is the one I said fans would "freak out" over. I know I am. We're crazy to even attempt this but each year we try to push it furthe
    The codename for maze #3 is also the title of a hit song by The Temptations in the 1960s...Sung by David Ruffin. Any guesses?
    @benjiw: @HorrorNights Beauty is only skin deep.” Correct. That is the codename for maze #3. I'll give you some hints a little bit later.
    Just announced at #Monsterpalooza - You'll get to choose a theme for one of our Scare Zones at this year's event! Details coming later next month...
    ..& that's all she wrote! For now, anyway. He updates the Twitter account pretty frequently, but that's quite a bit to keep fans occupied and curious until things start getting released.

I'm getting pretty excited!

• Under that tree again!

As HP takes over a lot of land, I'm wondering if the old Mummy area of the Studio Tour will be for a maze.

That may sounds impossible because why would they use land that should be for part of a ride? Well, because Halloween is the busiest time of the year for USH and they may want to invest in what makes money.

John Murdy was spotted looking at that area.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Some more hints towards Maze #3!

Time to give out some hints for maze #3 code-named "Beauty is only Skin Deep" but first...a warning…(cue dramatic music)
    These hints are diabolically hard to decipher & may drive you insane. If you patiently wait for the maze releases...you have nothing to fear
    You will get 3 hints... Only 1 of the hints is a real hint... The rest are "Red Herrings" It's going to be MURDER to figure this one out...
    Hint #1: The code name "Beauty is only Skin Deep" refers to THINGS that are beautiful on the outside... But not on the inside...
    Hint #2: the code name "Beauty is only skin deep" refers to the BUSINESS of Beauty products...
    The code name "Beauty is only skin deep" refers to a horror property that stars a former model and/or beauty queen...

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    As HP takes over a lot of land, I'm wondering if the old Mummy area of the Studio Tour will be for a maze.
    From what I have heard from InsideUniversal, they did mention that the former area where the Mummy tunnel was, it's going to be transformed into a Fast and the Furious attraction.

I believe it may be called "Fast and the Furious: Supercharged"

It looks like this attraction will be opened next year.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Love HD videos!

Man. I so love Halloween events.

I will never pay to go to Mickey's Halloween event. I would rather use my money to go to this kind of event.

I usually do a minimum of 4 different haunts starting the 3rd week of September until Halloween.

So is Bill and Ted's coming back? I do hope so. I look forward to that the most.

I really hope I get my hands on the frequent pass this year before it sell out within minutes of release.
    Last edited by SoCalbma; 04-01-2014 at 06:46 PM.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post

I will never pay to go to Mickey's Halloween event. I would rather use my money to go to this kind of event.

I usually do a minimum of 4 different haunts starting the 3rd week of September until Halloween.

So is Bill and Ted's coming back? I do hope so. I look forward to that the most.

I really hope I get my hands on the frequent pass this year before it sell out within minutes of release.
    I would assume Bill and Ted's would return this year, just given it's track record but I know I'll be skipping it either way. Last year with the Front of the Line pass I was able to do everything at least once, including Bill and Ted and it was awful, IMO.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I would assume Bill and Ted's would return this year, just given it's track record but I know I'll be skipping it either way. Last year with the Front of the Line pass I was able to do everything at least once, including Bill and Ted and it was awful, IMO.
    Do you think it attracted crowds just because the park was busy and all the other mazes got huge waits? Rather than on its own merits?
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post

When Ever I've seen the show it is always packed so yes it will be back

My guess is at least one walking dead maze again and maybe the return of the insidious maze from what Ive read online that was the most poplar new maze last year

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Do you think it attracted crowds just because the park was busy and all the other mazes got huge waits? Rather than on its own merits?
    Foot traffic stumbling in, and people wanting a place to sit for 30 minutes are for sure part of the reason but I do think that Bill and Ted has it's own reputation now - sort of like The Hanging at Knott's.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Foot traffic stumbling in, and people wanting a place to sit for 30 minutes are for sure part of the reason but I do think that Bill and Ted has it's own reputation now - sort of like The Hanging at Knott's.
    This. I keep having friends try to drag me to it based on "this is the funniest show at a haunt! I almost peed myself five or six years ago! They did the most awesome bit back in 200whatever!"

Kinda like the Hanging at Knott's Haunt. Maybe I just aged out of the target audience, but *meh*. Haven't had a show I'd call "good" in years, though I feel they do make a good approximation at what a Family Guy Halloween episode could be if they went the "treehouse of horror" route.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Minion

Mazes 4&5 (pasted from horrornightnightmares)

Atari 2600
    -The hint to solving this codename is a game released for the Atari 2600 system.
    -A signature sound effect is associated with the title (Not certain if it was in the Atari version).
    -Treatment is 90 pages long.

Soap Commercial
    -Contains 47 pages of treatment
    -One of the following statements is false:
    -Hint #1: Part of the title to this maze is also a brand of soap
    -Hint #2: one of the main stars of the horror movie this maze is based on acted in TV commercials before he/she made this film...
    -Hint #3: a famous actress who had a movie released this year makes a cameo in this film....

These are from HHNs twitter
    Murdy said this doesn't necissarily mean we will have only five mazes
    One of the 5 hints was for HOH
    There will be no band/ music maze this year

there was also a tweet sent out from the walking dead comic account that said universal was going in a different direction. This was in response to someone who asked if it was returning for '14 which could mean TWD won't be coming back.
    Last edited by imaginashton; 04-24-2014 at 03:02 AM.

• Love HD videos!

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post

These are from HHN
    Murdy said this doesn't necissarily mean we will have only five mazes
    One of the 5 hints was for HOH
    There will be no band/ music maze this year
    I definitely hope there's one more additional maze.

I have always hated the House of Horror during HHN. I usually do this maze last since it's permanent and will always be operating during the day.

They should bring back Slaughterworld or something like that to the WaterWorld arena.

As each year passes, cost of HHN ticket rises, and we get less and less attractions.

• Minion

^I'm sure there will be. I'm very curious as to what properties they will be going for this year. I'm personally hoping for AHS

as far as HOH, I agree that they're the weakest but to be honest, I kind of liked universal monsters remix since it was the first time an abundance of things were added to HOH instead of just a few more corpses than before.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast