• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Talking Wizarding World of Harry Potter & Simpsons Springfield Construction Update

Hey Guys,

Here's a video showing the construction of Wizarding World of Harry Potter and the new Simpsons Springfield Expansion.

As of April 14, 2014

I think I will be doing a construction update video once every few weeks or months depending on how the construction goes for those two new attractions.

As if May 21, 2014:

Last edited by SoCalbma; 05-21-2014 at 09:33 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Thank you for the update!

Re: Wizarding World of Harry Potter & Simpsons Springfield Construction Update

Have any details been released on all the attractions going in HPland? Will it be a copy of Florida's phase 1, or will they go large and do the Diagon Alley expansion as well?
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Have any details been released on all the attractions going in HPland? Will it be a copy of Florida's phase 1, or will they go large and do the Diagon Alley expansion as well?
    Our Wizarding World will match Japan's Wizarding World in terms of what is coming. Diagon Alley is exclusive to Universal Studios Florida.

• i believe in faeries.

when is it slated to open?

Quote Originally Posted by Avaren View Post
    when is it slated to open?
    2016. No, they didn't say what time frame.

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    There's a rumor that our HP castle will include a restaurant themed to the Great Hall. I hope that's true but it's just a rumor

A restaurant like that sounds great! I can imagine a giant LED screen on the ceiling that changes to match the weather or outside.

It's interesting, two of the rides in Florida (dueling dragons and griffin flight) were just old rides rethemed to match the new lands. Since this is all-new, I hope they get more creative with the other rides and do something different, new, and better matching the theme.
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    There's a rumor that our HP castle will include a restaurant themed to the Great Hall. I hope that's true but it's just a rumor
    It's one of the more intriguing rumors to me - the version I've seen a few times has outside access to the restaurant through Citywalk (presumably through a themed entrance in the area of the castle more or less adjacent to Citywalk). Would be fun and a great way to get the "ambiance" without the gate fee.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Here's a construction video update as of May 21, 2014:

My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Hello Dolly.

It's really odd watching these construction updates because USH has been tiny & pretty much the same since I was a child
    I'm so excited to watch this park grow. It's going to be a real trip walking down this park once it is finished.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    Here's a construction video update as of May 21, 2014:
    Thank you for that! I hadn't realized they were going multi story on the Springfield expansion. I'm really looking forward to how that's going to look - surrounded by Springfield.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

The only thing that concerns me is how well will these new areas be taken care of? Jurassic Park animatronics looks (unfortunately) really bad. And the lighting seems to show the things you shouldn't be able to be seeing. Such as the robotic arm behind the t-rex.